Terribly written (and twisted) article regarding latest forum spat

Amir

So, that's him told. The fan in question subsequently removed his original comments, saying that his "memory ain't perfect".

WTF? No one ever said this! Not Revolver not Madison. This reporter is making stuff up!

Exactly.

I certainly never said that. I stand by my sources and the story.

I offered Axl and Beta the name and number of the security manager so they could follow up to find out where the communication got off-track (if it got off-track as they allege), but they had no interest. Axl preferred to make a slanderous offensive post - shooting the messenger - instead of taking the time to see if someone had been giving instructions on his behalf without his knowledge.

Axl doesnt control the forum. ... .

Yes, he does.

Welcome to the new GNR-controlled forum.

Edited by madison

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping to get into music journalism when I leave school, so you'll know you will have one well GnR educated journalist out there.

would that make you a gnr educator?

Yes, he does.

just because you finally got called on your craziness it doesnt mean axl is controlling the forum. crying party passes is just smoke and mirrors. there are countless people on the forum backing the mods on this one, and axl didnt give us shit. i havent seen you once acknowelage the accusations that have been made, you just say eric has been bought. how about defending yourself instead of charging others. if there is a defense for the BBA / BS / debbiengeorgia debacle i am ready to hear it.

i believe eric made the move of his own accord and informed team axl, as they had requested it as well, at which time axl took the opportunity to be a total douchebag.

he should be banned. im serious.

Edited by Jackie Moon

I'm hoping to get into music journalism when I leave school, so you'll know you will have one well GnR educated journalist out there.

would that make you a gnr educator?

Yes, he does.

just because you finally got called on your craziness it doesnt mean axl is controlling the forum. crying party passes is just smoke and mirrors. there are countless people on the forum backing the mods on this one, and axl didnt give us shit. i havent seen you once acknowelage the accusations that have been made, you just say eric has been bought. how about defending yourself instead of charging others. if there is a defense for the BBA / BS / debbiengeorgia debacle i am ready to hear it.

i believe eric made the move of his own accord and informed team axl, as they had requested it as well, at which time axl took the opportunity to be a total douchebag.

he should be banned. im serious.

Where the fuck do they get off requesting anything, its a fan forum not an official forum.Maybe they should concern themselves with the legal issues instead of getting pissy about a forum.

Maybe Madison does have questions to answer but i think others have way more.

Not really a rant at you JM :xmasssanta:

Where the fuck do they get off requesting anything, its a fan forum not an official forum.Maybe they should concern themselves with the legal issues instead of getting pissy about a forum.

its cool, i agree with you, i would not want to see madison stripped of her status because of team axl, that would be wrong. madison might have seem fustrated with the band at times but come on, its guns n roses, it comes with the territory. i think most of us agree she was a legitimate supporter, there is no question. to see her stripped because team axl didnt like her attitude would be pure bullshit.

fortunately thats not the case here. real shit brought this on.

Edited by Jackie Moon

its cool, i agree with you, i would not want to see madison stripped of her status because of team axl, that would be wrong.

fortunately thats not the case here.

It depends how you see it, only the people involved really know what is going on, me and you are merely pawns, sexy pawns but pawns none the less

already read like three articles like that one where I'm the bad guy =/

I guess it's hell of a lot less of explanations and therefor more comfortable to write about when I am the same as Madison and that I was claiming the exact opposite of what I was actually claiming... three minutes of fame and I'm already trashed to pieces.. wonder how Axl feels

Charge the bastards.

So, that's him told. The fan in question subsequently removed his original comments, saying that his "memory ain't perfect".

WTF? No one ever said this! Not Revolver not Madison. This reporter is making stuff up!

Exactly.

I certainly never said that. I stand by my sources and the story.

I offered Axl and Beta the name and number of the security manager so they could follow up to find out where the communication got off-track (if it got off-track as they allege), but they had no interest. Axl preferred to make a slanderous offensive post - shooting the messenger - instead of taking the time to see if someone had been giving instructions on his behalf without his knowledge.

Axl doesnt control the forum. ... .

Yes, he does.

Madison get over it please! It's clearly that in this forum NOW we ALL can say our opinion. And that was NOT happening when you were a mod.

Edited by dimitrisaxl

I don't know if Axl can have an unofficial website shut down, but he can probably make it difficult for the people who run the website when there's copyrighted material all over the forums. Plus not a lot of celebs actually coorespond on sites, even though their managers and assistants keep tabs.

It's something people are going to talk about for a while....

I don't get the comments about banning Axl because he wrote how he felt, even if it was offensive.

Guest floyd the barber

That sounds great. Good luck with that; it sounds like an interesting career.

To be honest, I am surprised that this debate didn't pan out longer. It's been a significant part of this forum's history. Axl just bitched out one of his biggest fans and one of the founders of this site, and the whole issue departed within two days.

I am surprised that this debate didn't pan out longer. It's been a significant part of this forum's history. Axl just bitched out one of his biggest fans and one of the founders of this site, and the whole issue departed within two days.

That's only because they locked all three threads about it after one day. They locked the one in this section, the one in the Support section (where they tried to bury it) and the one in the poll section - even though all three threads were the most active threads on the forum. Now, there's only some thread about banning Axl, where people wouldn't even know this issue is being discussed.

Edited by madison

I am surprised that this debate didn't pan out longer. It's been a significant part of this forum's history. Axl just bitched out one of his biggest fans and one of the founders of this site, and the whole issue departed within two days.

That's only because they locked all three threads about it after one day. They locked the one in this section, the one in the Support section (where they tried to bury it) and the one in the poll section - even though all three threads were the among the most active threads on the forum. Now, there's only some thread about banning Axl, where people wouldn't even know this issue is being discussed.

Well why would the thread in support be anywhere else. It had nothing to do with the band and was in the proper section. I however don't agree with locking a few of them but they were going in circles as the Banning thread in Don't Damn Me is aswell

That sounds great. Good luck with that; it sounds like an interesting career.

To be honest, I am surprised that this debate didn't pan out longer. It's been a significant part of this forum's history. Axl just bitched out one of his biggest fans and one of the founders of this site, and the whole issue departed within two days.

Where have you been looking?

In every thread no matter what it's about, this discussion has broken out.

It's been beaten to death. And beyond. Like a horse.

That's only because they locked all three threads about it after one day. They locked the one in this section, the one in the Support section (where they tried to bury it) and the one in the poll section - even though all three threads were the most active threads on the forum. Now, there's only some thread about banning Axl, where people wouldn't even know this issue is being discussed.

Stay on topic please.

That's only because they locked all three threads about it after one day. They locked the one in this section, the one in the Support section (where they tried to bury it) and the one in the poll section - even though all three threads were the among the most active threads on the forum. Now, there's only some thread about banning Axl, where people wouldn't even know this issue is being discussed.

Well why would the thread in support be anywhere else. It had nothing to do with the band and was in the proper section. I however don't agree with locking a few of them but they were going in circles as the Banning thread in Don't Damn Me is aswell

True, to be honest at this point all that can be said has been said and people realise that to continue with it would be like beating a extremely dead horse.

True, to be honest at this point all that can be said has been said and people realise that to continue with it would be like beating a extremely dead horse.

Exactly.

hate what happen to madison, but i think most want to move on.

Well, if you don't feel you have anything more to add to a thread, then you're free to read other threads.

But why would you support locking threads that prevent many many others who do want to post their views? And clearly, many did want to talk about it since those threads were the most active on the forum right up until they were locked.

As for the thread's topic - as I mentioned, I continue to stand by my sources in the original story for the reasons I mentioned before. I don't know how the writer of that article could claim otherwise.

Edited by madison

How was the support thread tried to be buried? I started it there because that was the appropriate place

Buried? Well it sure didn't belong in the GNR section. Unwarranted self importance much?

Well, if you don't feel you have anything more to add to a thread, then you're free to read other threads.

But why would you support locking threads that prevent many many others who do want to post their views? And clearly, many did want to talk about it since those threads were the most active on the forum right up until they were locked.

As for the thread's topic - as I mentioned, I continue to stand by my sources in the original story for the reasons I mentioned before. I don't know how the writer of that article could claim otherwise.

But the problem was that all that could be said had been said, people were just posting what had already been posted, repeating the same points, asking the same answered questions, attacking the same person who someone else attacked. The topics had failed to serve their purpose and had become nothing but a breeding ground for negative feelings and hyperbolic posts.

But the problem was that all that could be said had been said, people were just posting what had already been posted, repeating the same points, asking the same answered questions, attacking the same person who someone else attacked. The topics had failed to serve their purpose and had become nothing but a breeding ground for negative feelings and hyperbolic posts.

Well, that's your personal opinion, but many others wanted to continue posting in it.

We have never closed threads just because a member thought they'd read enough posts about a topic. That's silly. We always kept threads open until people no longer wished to discuss the topic. (The only exceptions were if someone had hijacked the thread with off-topic spam).

But I guess this is part of the new GNR-controlled era, where threads are locked for no reason even when a lot of people are still interested in posting in them.

A number of people sent me pms and left messages in my profile telling me they wanted to post a comment, but couldn't because the thread was locked.

As for the Support section thread - my point there is that the original thread with Dexter's comment was in the main section. So, why couldn't all of the reaction to Dexter's post be in the main section? Why was that buried in the Support section? Just saying ...

Edited by madison

As for the Support section thread - my point there is that the original thread with Dexter's comment was in the main section. So, why couldn't all of the reaction to Dexter's post be in the main section? Why was that buried in the Support section? Just saying ...

Because the thread wasn't about Axl's rant. It was about you losing your admin status. You losing your admin status has nothing to do with GNR.

Because the thread wasn't about Axl's rant. It was about you losing your admin status. You losing your admin status has nothing to do with GNR.

Pretty much. The Disc/News thread was derailed.

Well, that's your personal opinion, but many others wanted to continue posting in it.

We have never closed threads just because a member thought they'd read enough posts about a topic. That's silly. We always kept threads open until people no longer wished to discuss the topic. (The only exceptions were if someone had hijacked the thread with off-topic spam).

But I guess this is part of the new GNR-controlled era, where threads are locked for no reason even when a lot of people are still interested in posting in them.

A number of people sent me pms and left messages in my profile telling me they wanted to post a comment, but couldn't because the thread was locked.

Please provide some sort of definitive proof that this place is more controlled. I'm sure tons of people wanted to post in there but I'm also sure that they were only going to say the same thing that someone else had said previously, create the same argument someone else had already created. What's the point in keeping something open that is built on repitition and negativity? I'm all for everyone getting their say but in that case it would of just served no beneficial purpose.

And if Eric really wanted to bury that thread he wouldn't have posted links to it so people could read it. The thread with Axl's comment was already a complete cluster fuck before many people had seen you had been demoted, to discuss it in there would of been insane and unfair on Revolver.