Official NYC SURPRISE GIG #2 - Feb 14 th 2010 - The Rose Bar

axl_on_drums

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this one of those corporate type gigs where Bill Gates or whoever hires the band out to play for his homeboys?

Celebrity's, record company, radio exec's, and models etc

Does the band get a big pay day for this? I think they should do a bunch of these then if it means we'll get CD II faster.

Don't really have a problem with Axl playing a show for celebs either. It must get annoying for somebody like Mickey to get hounded when he goes to see his favorite band. If I was there I'd probably be telling Mickey how I thought that was a great finger bang he pulled off on that chick in Wild Orchid.

Is this one of those corporate type gigs where Bill Gates or whoever hires the band out to play for his homeboys?

no i dont think so. thats more of what slash would do / has done.

he also played a best buy employee conference. with best buy employees. playing paradise city. it was even worse than fergie/cypress hill. if thats even comprehendible.

he also played a best buy employee conference. with best buy employees. playing paradise city. it was even worse than fergie/cypress hill. if thats even comprehendible.

is there youtube of this??? i love slash. so cool. down to earth.

is there youtube of this??? i love slash. so cool. down to earth.

there was, this is where i first saw it. at this point in tiem i still bought into the slash nonsense. he was so cool. ect ect. i was sort of like..huh? but it was cool to see him play PC so i let it slide at the time. things have been going downhill for slash since then.

in fairness he did rip it the fuck up. ive never denied he is an awesome guitar player. slash and mike from housewares brought the place down.

I really don't get how anybody can defend Axl/GNR for these gigs. All the people saying "he's just doing this to appease the record people, Axl wouldn't invite these people" are contradicting yourselves because a few months ago everybody here was saying how right Axl was for not going along with all the corporate bullshit just for the sake of doing something in the public eye.

Anyway you want to slice it, this just isn't fair and is a slap in the face to the real Guns fans. People who are real fans have next to no chance of seeing GNR perform and I really don't understand what doing these shows accomplishes. To not announce any tour dates in the US was just terrible. To then go out and do surprise shows in small bars/clubs where you need to know somebody or go through hell just to have a shot at getting in is just throwing salt in the wounds of your hardcore fans who have supported GNR throughout all the bullshit year after year after year. But, wait, it gets even worse because now they're playing CLASSIC hits that they haven't played at any tour dates this year and haven't played in years.

I just don't get it. I'm not saying this is Axl or the record company's fault, but I just wish an explanation would be given on what they're trying to accomplish with all of this. This band is out of the public eye for 3 years and they're showing little to no appreciation for fans in the US by teasing surprise gigs and then playing shows mainly for higher ups that aren't even real GNR fans.

I really don't get how anybody can defend Axl/GNR for these gigs. All the people saying "he's just doing this to appease the record people, Axl wouldn't invite these people" are contradicting yourselves because a few months ago everybody here was saying how right Axl was for not going along with all the corporate bullshit just for the sake of doing something in the public eye.

Anyway you want to slice it, this just isn't fair and is a slap in the face to the real Guns fans. People who are real fans have next to no chance of seeing GNR perform and I really don't understand what doing these shows accomplishes. To not announce any tour dates in the US was just terrible. To then go out and do surprise shows in small bars/clubs where you need to know somebody or go through hell just to have a shot at getting in is just throwing salt in the wounds of your hardcore fans who have supported GNR throughout all the bullshit year after year after year. But, wait, it gets even worse because now they're playing CLASSIC hits that they haven't played at any tour dates this year and haven't played in years.

I just don't get it. I'm not saying this is Axl or the record company's fault, but I just wish an explanation would be given on what they're trying to accomplish with all of this. This band is out of the public eye for 3 years and they're showing little to no appreciation for fans in the US by teasing surprise gigs and then playing shows mainly for higher ups that aren't even real GNR fans.

No answers seen, yet I do notice its got us talkin.

Edit: not sure many know about it but there is a area of the forum to discuss former members of the band who are not there tonight :book:

Edited by gunsguy

Getting us talking isn't going to make GNR money. Do they think doing these shows as a tease would make us want to see them live even more or something?

Let me also say that even if they do a show or two where anybody can get into (I don't think they will, by the way and even if they do it DEFINITELY will not be in a large arena), I still think it's completely ridiculous that they can't put together an organized tour for the United States the way they had no problem doing so for nearly every other country on the f'n planet.

If they come out and announce US tour dates, I'll gladly eat my words.

1 you're crazy 2 mr brownstone 3 I used to love her 4 welcome to the jungle

tweet

so he opened up nice and mellow.

Same set so far as CBGB I think

Also who know if this guy ius actually there...just saw another tweet just posted that guns willbe on in 10 mins

:question:

Edited by bp240

Getting us talking isn't going to make GNR money. Do they think doing these shows as a tease would make us want to see them live even more or something?

Let me also say that even if they do a show or two where anybody can get into (I don't think they will, by the way and even if they do it DEFINITELY will not be in a large arena), I still think it's completely ridiculous that they can't put together an organized tour for the United States the way they had no problem doing so for nearly every other country on the f'n planet.

If they come out and announce US tour dates, I'll gladly eat my words.

eh, I doubt they want to do a tour of House of Blues'.

That's why they're trying to get jane's addiction to come out with them this summer...