Official NYC SURPRISE GIG #2 - Feb 14 th 2010 - The Rose Bar

axl_on_drums

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GunsGuy wants me to form some sort of alliance. I think he might have some questions about his sexuality. I dont know. He told me he would ban me unless I refered to him as "son" in a thread.

i know it's late and all, but some one please do something about this moron.

lol i think it's a trap from madison or one of her foot soldiers.

DON'T FALL FOR IT, MODS!! :rofl-lol:

I really don't get how anybody can defend Axl/GNR for these gigs. All the people saying "he's just doing this to appease the record people, Axl wouldn't invite these people" are contradicting yourselves because a few months ago everybody here was saying how right Axl was for not going along with all the corporate bullshit just for the sake of doing something in the public eye.

Anyway you want to slice it, this just isn't fair and is a slap in the face to the real Guns fans. People who are real fans have next to no chance of seeing GNR perform and I really don't understand what doing these shows accomplishes. To not announce any tour dates in the US was just terrible. To then go out and do surprise shows in small bars/clubs where you need to know somebody or go through hell just to have a shot at getting in is just throwing salt in the wounds of your hardcore fans who have supported GNR throughout all the bullshit year after year after year. But, wait, it gets even worse because now they're playing CLASSIC hits that they haven't played at any tour dates this year and haven't played in years.

I just don't get it. I'm not saying this is Axl or the record company's fault, but I just wish an explanation would be given on what they're trying to accomplish with all of this. This band is out of the public eye for 3 years and they're showing little to no appreciation for fans in the US by teasing surprise gigs and then playing shows mainly for higher ups that aren't even real GNR fans.

Umm...I take it your a little new to the GN'R world. Axl tours the US post-August every time for the last decade. US shows will be announced this year. Frank was interviewed last month, and said they plan to hit the US in late Summer. I don't understand HOW you can be getting frustrated by these gigs.

AT LEAST THEY ARE PLAYING GIGS. That's the most important thing.

Exactly....what the hell is wrong with you people? For most of us it does not make a difference if he plays in some Canadian village or in some tiny clubs for only a select few. Point is most of us can`t be there anyways and why can`t we be happy for the ones who are actually able to go to the show. At least they play and they seem to have a lot of fun doing that.

Sorry I didn't update the whole show, my phone died. Guns n roses setlist from when I got in: mr brownstone, it's so easy, wttj, sorry, used to love her, rocket queen.

knocking, catcher in the rye, whole lotta Rosie, sweet child, patience, nightrain, pc. Fucking amazing show. Watched it in the lobby through a window. Got in at the end of pc and was able to snag a drumstick and a pick. Drinking with Gun-Z, shaking baz's hand, watching Mickey rourke run to a cab. Drinking heavily before the show. It's goddamn amazing.

Sorry I didn't update the whole show, my phone died. Guns n roses setlist from when I got in: mr brownstone, it's so easy, wttj, sorry, used to love her, rocket queen.

knocking, catcher in the rye, whole lotta Rosie, sweet child, patience, nightrain, pc. Fucking amazing show. Watched it in the lobby through a window. Got in at the end of pc and was able to snag a drumstick and a pick. Drinking with Gun-Z, shaking baz's hand, watching Mickey rourke run to a cab. Drinking heavily before the show. It's goddamn amazing.

Cool, thanks ;)

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I don't want to read through the whole thread, so please tell me, has there been a new show?

If there has, please post setlist, and possible videos in one post. Thank you!

I don't want to read through the whole thread, so please tell me, has there been a new show?

If there has, please post setlist, and possible videos in one post. Thank you!

- yes, the show was at Rose bar

- no videos yet

- three pics only

71939150.jpg

98992527.jpg

30299452.jpg

- setlist (taken from newgnr.com)

1. You're Crazy

2. Mr. Brownstone

3. Used to Love Her

4. Welcome to the Jungle

5. Street of Dreams

6. Sorry

7. It's so Easy

8. Patience

9. Rocket Queen

10. Catcher in the Rye

11. My Michelle

12. Knockin' on Heaven's Door

13. Whole Lotta Rosie

14. Sweet Child o' Mine

15. Patience

16. Nightrain

17. Paradise City

back to work, see you later guys.

1 you're crazy 2 mr brownstone 3 I used to love her 4 welcome to the jungle 5 street of dreams 6 sorry 7 it's so easy 8 patience 9 rocket queen 10 catcher in the rye 11 my Michelle 12 knockin on heavens door

http://twitter.com/benrowlandphoto

These setlists are not the same... :question:

- setlist (taken from newgnr.com)

1. You're Crazy

2. Mr. Brownstone

3. Used to Love Her

4. Welcome to the Jungle

5. Street of Dreams

6. Sorry

7. It's so Easy

8. Patience

9. Rocket Queen

10. Catcher in the Rye

11. My Michelle

13. Whole Lotta Rosie

14. Sweet Child o' Mine

15. Patience

16. Nightrain

17. Paradise City

Well, I posted Ben Rowland's + cocoscum's setlist on newgnr.com :rofl-lol:

Oh well, since I am already logged in here. Here's the set-list:

01. You're Crazy

02. Mr. Brownstone

03. Used to Love Her

04. Welcome to the Jungle

05. Street of Dreams

06. Sorry

07. It's So Easy

08. Patience

09. Rocket Queen

10. Catcher in the Rye

11. My Michelle

13. Whole Lotta Rosie

14. Sweet Child O'Mine

15. Nightrain

16. Paradise City

This set-list was reported in NY Mag which had a review of the concert. Found here. And all this is already found at AFD.