Official NYC SURPRISE GIG #2 - Feb 14 th 2010 - The Rose Bar

axl_on_drums

break in !!!!

I just totally pictured a bunch of crazed forum members climbing in through a window in the back and sneaking in unnoticed :rofl-lol:

jump to the roof from a neighboring building and go in through the ventilation vents !!!!!!! if you get stopped tell them your "Bond......Black Bond" :chef:

so anyone try this ? I would have !!!! lmao

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be slightly off topic (but not really)...one of my Twitter friends just tweeted that they mentioned GNR on a radio station about the secret gigs - apparently there will be more, there's no way to get tickets now but ways to get them will be announced soon.

http://twitter.com/EverythingZen

"They mentioned gnr on my radio station this morning, about the gigs in new york. "

"They said theres no way to get tickets right now but ways to get em will b announced soon (by gnr)"

"I dont know how they can know that but thts wht they said."

I asked her which station it was, but I haven't gotten a reply yet.

Edited by Rock_And_Roll_Over

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/feb/15/guns-n-roses-surprise-gig

Guns N' Roses play surprise gig to half-empty club

For their first performance since the release of Chinese Democracy, Axl Rose and his crew managed to clear out a New York fashion boutique that was formerly CBGBs

"The world died a little on Friday, as Guns N' Roses played to the half-empty fashion boutique that was once CBGBs. Axl Rose's surprise set at New York's John Varvatos store lacked Slash, Duff McKagan and, as Rose strutted amid £100 belts, probably lacked the spirit of rock'n'roll as well.

The concert was part of an afterpary for L'Uomo Vogue, scheduled as part of New York fashion week. Indie rockers Alberta Cross were advertised on the posters but Guns N' Roses were the secret headliners, marking the band's first American performance since the release of Chinese Democracy in 2008. Celebrities such as Kevin Bacon, Sean Lennon, Sebastian Bach and model Rachel Hunter packed into Varvatos's shop, built inside the desiccated husk of legendary punk venue CBGBs. They waited hours for Guns N' Roses' touring lineup to take the stage: Axl Rose, DH Ashba, Ron Thal, Richard Fortus, Tommy Stinson, Dizzy Reed, Chris Pitman and Frank Ferrer.

On the bright side, this feeble incarnation of Guns N' Roses played only four tunes from Chinese Democracy. Much of the 17-song acoustic set came from 1987's Appetite for Destruction, including hits like Paradise City and Sweet Child O' Mine. Nevertheless, as the gig wore down around 3am, the boutique was reportedly half-empty. "This was the best fucking show of our tour!" Rose told the crowd. The socialites and fashion icons doubtless cheered. Fans in Taiwan, South Korea and Canada, who spent hundreds to see the band during their last tour, were probably less enthused."

Another writer who loves new guns.

DH Ashba? Well, at least he could write the other names...

Guest RonMexico82

I couldn't give a toss what some reporter for the Guardian thinks. Good to hear that there might be a way that some fans can get tickets to these small gigs. Typical that people wpuld bitch and moan about that NOT happening without even giving the band a chance to announce something.

i'm surprised axl didn't explain to his buddies mickey rourke and sebastian bach on why the fans weren't let in. i'm surprised axl didn't give an apology for fans not being let in. he said these gigs are for us. yet, none of us were allowed in. double talkin' jive... mother ... you know

Guest RonMexico82

i'm surprised axl didn't explain to his buddies mickey rourke and sebastian bach on why the fans weren't let in. i'm surprised axl didn't give an apology for fans not being let in. he said these gigs are for us. yet, none of us were allowed in. double talkin' jive... mother ... you know

See my sig for an explanation.

You know that there are fans out there who don't even know what a forum is... I don't understand the obsession here from some specific users.

See my sig for an explanation.

your sig doesn't explain anything. axl owes us an apology. axl should've told security 'let the fans in.' axl didn't do it. axl played to his buddies mickey rourke sebastian bach and forgot about us. he even said this was the best show on the tour. yet, it's not even technically part of the overseas tour. shows how much axl cares about tokyo, korea, and canada. axl using those places for his needs. going to gigs which only serve his needs. not the fans. the fans left out. the fans used. double talkin' jive ... mother ... you know

So, I'm a newbie as this is my first post. I got directed to the board by a friend of mine last week during the Axl/Dexter Slash Shirts In Canada debacle...

Anyway, these gigs seem pretty amazing to me, I have to be honest. I would LOVE to see Axl do those songs in that format.

Its interesting reading peoples comments on WHY they did these gigs. I've worked with bands for nearly 20 years now, and quite honestly, whenever they've done shows like these it's about the fun and the almighty dollar. I imagine the fashion world get pretty easy access to Axl via his Russian model girlfriend. To be quite honest, it's all very establishment and safe...not that that's a criticism.

PC

fuck me, Axl is fucking GOD

Thanks for the video! Axl sounds f'n awesome, I would've love to been there...

:thumbsup: Me too!! That'd be something that I know I'd never forget. Jeez.

I'd be like 127 years old and still thinking about something like that and telling my great,great,great Grand Children stories about it.

Kind of something (while shaking my old wooden cane at them) like this:-"You kids today, you don't even know what Rock and Roll is!! Back when I was a younger man........" :rofl-lol:

I was there, I was in the back with some A list people, and I got to shake hands with Adrian form entourage, and saw Russell simmons. By the end of the show I was up front and gave Axl a fist bump, got a pick and got a drumstick. For anyone who was there, I was the first of I beleive two crowd surfers. But since everybody was dressed nice nobody held my ass up n I fell on my back. Great night man, got a picture of Axl on my facebook, and a shitload of videos aswell

Videos? Where? I'd like to watch them :D

Ten minutes please. Had to rest up.