Official NYC SURPRISE GIG #2 - Feb 14 th 2010 - The Rose Bar

axl_on_drums

Okay guys I just got back home (yes I made it home in fifteen minutes). I will recap the events that I witnessed.

When I got to the hotel it was somewhere around 8:00 PM, I hung outside and smoked a cigarette looking at the eye candy. And let me tell you there was plenty of it. Went inside and had three drinks ($70 with tip) and tried to hob-nob with some of these fucks. You can tell that most where mamas boys and the crowd seemed out of touch, out of sync with the rest of the world. This was a very elite crowd, very pretentious. The kind of people that merely go places to be seen rather than enjoy the experience. Of course you can see right through many of these people as they seem like the type with ego issues. I hear a lot of bragging and name dropping. I am sure you know the type.

Anyway within maybe half an hour I see Ron and his wife, who was dressed to impress walking towards me as I was at this point standing near the entrance. I said "hey Ron", he turned to me and said whats up and gave me his hand to shake. I thought this was a wonderful gesture. Anyway we started making conversation as Ron professed that he was going to go have his Valentines day dinner with his wife. He told me he will see me soon during the show. I told him my girlfriend was mad at me because I decided to come to the event rather than spend time with her on Valentines day. He asked me why I did not bring her and I told him that she is Korean and it is Chinese New Year. Him and his wife laughed and he wished me and my gf a happy valentines day and I returned the favor. He and his wife then went off.

Maybe twenty minutes after that I saw someone that looked like Frank but I could not confirm it so I waited till I got a good close look and it was him. I was not able to say hi to him until a little later (after everyone got kicked out who was not a guest at the Hotel) actually when I saw him outside again with Fortus who shook my hand as I stood by the entrance. I simply asked them both how they were and they both replied in a kind manner. They both stopped and talked with a few people standing outside as well that did not appear to be part of the "elite".

I started making meaningless conversation with one of Ashba's friends who were standing outside smoking cigarettes dressed like some Motley Crue nightmare, I am 100% sure he was actually on the phone with Ashba and I saw them basically in the center of the action.

Sometimes reality is a bitter pill to swallow....

your day was still better than mine.

u mentioned there was a lot of hot bitches... were some celebrities or just random models?

I am not the person who would take notice if there were, I dont watch television and rarely go to the movies. I dont read fashion magazines so I would not know. But I mentioned earlier that one of the young ladies I was speaking to had a few people asking for pictures with her (and she obliged) before she left in her cab. There were faces I recognize and many I dont, but I am sure I might know them by name.

As for the hotness of some of these girls, I pay close attention to the Asian ones and I was not disappointed. If you are into white chicks then there was enough pretentious ones there to drive Bloomberg into bankruptcy.

Edited by smokingarthur

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying there should be questions asked to get into the show but I highly doubt many in there know COMA or CITR. Fuck,half of them are probably expecting to see Slash.

Still though, just because someone doesn't know Coma or Catcher or Bad Apples or So Fine really shouldn't weigh their opportunity percentage to see this show. ALSO, also, also, who is to say the people inside don't know those songs? It sounds like you're saying that because they are models (and also, who has any proof of ANYONE'S occupation in that club tonight?!) or company execs or something, they don't know as much about GN'R as someone who is say, a member on a forum like this. With all due respect to you, Rancid, you are coming off as very ignorant, sir (again, all due respect).

Okay guys I just got back home (yes I made it home in fifteen minutes). I will recap the events that I witnessed.

When I got to the hotel it was somewhere around 8:00 PM, I hung outside and smoked a cigarette looking at the eye candy. And let me tell you there was plenty of it. Went inside and had three drinks ($70 with tip) and tried to hob-nob with some of these fucks. You can tell that most where mamas boys and the crowd seemed out of touch, out of sync with the rest of the world. This was a very elite crowd, very pretentious. The kind of people that merely go places to be seen rather than enjoy the experience. Of course you can see right through many of these people as they seem like the type with ego issues. I hear a lot of bragging and name dropping. I am sure you know the type.

Anyway within maybe half an hour I see Ron and his wife, who was dressed to impress walking towards me as I was at this point standing near the entrance. I said "hey Ron", he turned to me and said whats up and gave me his hand to shake. I thought this was a wonderful gesture. Anyway we started making conversation as Ron professed that he was going to go have his Valentines day dinner with his wife. He told me he will see me soon during the show. I told him my girlfriend was mad at me because I decided to come to the event rather than spend time with her on Valentines day. He asked me why I did not bring her and I told him that she is Korean and it is Chinese New Year. Him and his wife laughed and he wished me and my gf a happy valentines day and I returned the favor. He and his wife then went off.

Maybe twenty minutes after that I saw someone that looked like Frank but I could not confirm it so I waited till I got a good close look and it was him. I was not able to say hi to him until a little later (after everyone got kicked out who was not a guest at the Hotel) actually when I saw him outside again with Fortus who shook my hand as I stood by the entrance. I simply asked them both how they were and they both replied in a kind manner. They both stopped and talked with a few people standing outside as well that did not appear to be part of the "elite".

I started making meaningless conversation with one of Ashba's friends who were standing outside smoking cigarettes dressed like some Motley Crue nightmare, I am 100% sure he was actually on the phone with Ashba and I saw them basically in the center of the action.

Sometimes reality is a bitter pill to swallow....

I lol'ed at that comment.

I bet you realized it would have been better spending time with your girl and not a bunch of pretentious fucks. Thanks for the update though.

I am a pretentious fuck myself, it just happens that there were a lot bigger fish then me. I was relatively low on the totem-pole with this crowd. I dont think I saw two guys under the height of 6'2. Of course I was one of those guys. But I know what type of people these are, I deal with them every day. They are no any happier then rest of us, and in most cases they are far, far worse off.

And actually I would prefer to spend less time with my girlfriend. After 3.5 years I want to fuck anyone but her, and most people would drop their balls off at the cleaners to be fucking her.

post pics of her or you're lying

I am not the person who would take notice if there were, I dont watch television and rarely go to the movies. I dont read fashion magazines so I would not know. But I mentioned earlier that one of the young ladies I was speaking to had a few people asking for pictures with her (and she obliged) before she left in her cab. There were faces I recognize and many I dont, but I am sure I might know them by name.

As for the hotness of some of these girls, I pay close attention to the Asian ones and I was not disappointed. If you are into white chicks then there was enough pretentious ones there to drive Bloomberg into bankruptcy.

haha, thats awesome. i heart white women.

Good news

"for sure RT @CSMGNR: hi im phrozen i mod at one of gnr's big sites cd.com, theres about 200fans seein ur tweets, can u update us on setlist?"

here is the twitter account

not sure who @CSMGNR is though

that b i.

nice work... I see you asked the Lane brown guy as well

yeah incase one of them doesnt do it.

I'm not saying there should be questions asked to get into the show but I highly doubt many in there know COMA or CITR. Fuck,half of them are probably expecting to see Slash.

at the show in moncton a girl said she hoped to hear coma. i slapped her.

a guy yelled "wheres slash" then LOLed, i would have slapped him but i didnt want to touch his face. he was really old and really dirty.

another guy in moncton wanted to hear bad obsession. that, i could have got behind. only if zigzag was invovled

^^^^ gnr educator.

also i want to say, arthur, way to go dude, blowin your wife off, you made the right decision even if it didnt pan out.

priorities.

Edited by Jackie Moon

axl's not being honest with these gigs. he said the gigs are for us. yet, tonight, this one is not for us. axl's not honest with gnr fanbase

I said the same thing. But unlike you, I'm willing to give Axl more time to actually have a couple non-pretentious gigs. They obviously all weren't going to be for the hardcore fans. Some are for shameless self-promotion, like these last two.

axl's not being honest with these gigs. he said the gigs are for us. yet, tonight, this one is not for us. axl's not honest with gnr fanbase

I said the same thing. But unlike you, I'm willing to give Axl more time to actually have a couple non-pretentious gigs. They obviously all weren't going to be for the hardcore fans. Some are for shameless self-promotion, like these last two.

what do you mean by shame less self promotion? i hope you mean shame less self promotion which gets the chinese democracy record finally to #1 on the album charts and not the shameless self promotion i think you're saying these shameless gigs are for