The Most Stupid GNR related thing you've ever done

cocoscum

I changed the picture on my student ID from a pic of myself to a pic of duff. It was awesome.

Somehow the editor missed a photo that I had made of Slash and I that I had snuck the yearbook. It's now immortalized forever :lol:

wow...that one is a lot better than mine.

i did get through about 2 weeks of school before i got in trouble.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't done anything ridiculously stupid, but being a senior in High School I usually find a way to work a GnR song or event into most of my major assignments. Recently we had this poem-type-thing to write, my first two lines are "On an ordinary day, not in an ordinary way/ All at once the song I heard, no longer would it play" No one around here knows anything about GnR, or most rock bands for that matter. I'm also known to burst into song in the middle of class, but nothing too serious. And I can think of more than two other assignments that I wrote based on GnR.

Also I bought this stupid pointless ChiDem "Track Pack" for Rock Band 2... Its like 20 dollars. Fun at first then totally lame.

Speaking of poems, I remember in 7th grade when my english teacher assigned us to create our own short poem, I figured, hey, she's really old, she won't know who GnR are, so I just took the last few lines from Rocket Queen "I see you standing, standing on your own, it's such a lonely, place for you, for you to be, if you need a shoulder, or if you need a friend, I'll be here standing, until, the bitter end" and to my surprise, she submitted it into some state poetry contest because she liked it so much, and I ended up coming in the top 10 in the state :rofl-lol: hahahaha

HAHAHA, that is hilarious!

Hm, well mine is more like embarrassing. This chick knew I loved GN'R, and so she would always say thing to piss me off .. Trying to get a reaction. I obviously didn't see that at the time, but I just fucking went off the handle on her. Teacher had to interfere. I wouldn't get that mad now .. Oh wait, yeah I would.

Speaking of poems, I remember in 7th grade when my english teacher assigned us to create our own short poem, I figured, hey, she's really old, she won't know who GnR are, so I just took the last few lines from Rocket Queen "I see you standing, standing on your own, it's such a lonely, place for you, for you to be, if you need a shoulder, or if you need a friend, I'll be here standing, until, the bitter end" and to my surprise, she submitted it into some state poetry contest because she liked it so much, and I ended up coming in the top 10 in the state :rofl-lol: hahahaha

LMFAO!!!

Jesus Christ, well a few years ago I went to a bar after work on a Friday, like most of the stories here......I got drunk. So this was after the RAR show, June I think. Needless to say, I was fucking pumped for GnR. Well anyway, I was well above the limit, so I couldn't drive. I somehow remembered that I needed to go somewhere after work at around 7. It was about 7:45, I was drunk, and I REALLY needed to go to this place. I my friend offers to drive me to this location. I say "Dude.......maybe.....actually you know what, Yea, drive me". While I was in the car I found a black bandanna in his glove box. So I put the bandanna on and pretend i'm Axl.......but when your drunk you don't pretend. I finally get to the place, sit down in a seat, and keep quite for about 10 minutes. So to give you a visual, I'm drunk, wearing a bandanna and a really casual dress shirt........at this place. I see a mic and since I'm Axl, I HAVE to sing into it. I go up in front of about 150 people and scream "DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU AARRRREEEEEE!!!". But that's not the worst part, the bad part was that I was at my friends mother's funeral. :no:

100% true.....unfortunately.

Edited by Cdlove

Jesus Christ, well a few years ago I went to a bar after work on a Friday, like most of the stories here......I got drunk. So this was after the RAR show, June I think. Needless to say, I was fucking pumped for GnR. Well anyway, I was well above the limit, so I couldn't drive. I somehow remembered that I needed to go somewhere after work at around 7. It was about 7:45, I was drunk, and I REALLY needed to go to this place. I my friend offers to drive me to this location. I say "Dude.......maybe.....actually you know what, Yea, drive me". While I was in the car I found a black bandanna in his glove box. So I put the bandanna on and pretend i'm Axl.......but when your drunk you don't pretend. I finally get to the place, sit down in a seat, and keep quite for about 10 minutes. So to give you a visual, I'm drunk, wearing a bandanna and a really casual dress shirt........at this place. I see a mic and since I'm Axl, I HAVE to sing into it. I go up in front of about 150 people and scream "DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU AARRRREEEEEE!!!". But that's not the worst part, the bad part was that I was at my friends mother's funeral. :no:

Lmaolmaolmaolmaolmao .. Omg .. haaaaaahaha

hahahahahaha.....'Ya gonna diiiieeee....oh wait...that's the wrong speech...let me get the right one, ....I see you lying there, you think you're so cool...nope, wrong one again..." lol

sleep in the snow for three nights with bums in line for tickets....got a huge fucking cold from that one. - guess it wasn't stupid, got 2nd row center.

i dont understand why people show up so early to shows when they're on the floor. i went to the ottawa show this past january, we got to the floor halfway through danko jones' set and were about 10 rows back. by the time GN'R hit the stage we were 5-6 rows back and during the encore we were 2-3 rows back

sleep in the snow for three nights with bums in line for tickets....got a huge fucking cold from that one. - guess it wasn't stupid, got 2nd row center.

i dont understand why people show up so early to shows when they're on the floor. i went to the ottawa show this past january, we got to the floor halfway through danko jones' set and were about 10 rows back. by the time GN'R hit the stage we were 5-6 rows back and during the encore we were 2-3 rows back

He was waiting on line for tickets to the show.

oh

either way, i dont get it. it's better to get them on the internet now adays

oh

either way, i dont get it. it's better to get them on the internet now adays

This was in 1993...no fucking internet...of course I got my tickets to the Canadian shows on the net this time around...but back then, we had to camp out with our bottles of Jack and our ghetto-blasters with GnR Lies playing all night long in the fucking cold! and BTW - it wasn't General Admission back then either.

Edited by AxlCorp

Had a fight w/ a girlfriend in college - telling her I wanted to have a November Rain style wedding.

Meaning, i wanted the song to be played during the ceremony and my buddy to act like he doesn't have the ring - but, hoozah! Another buddy in the audience has it on his pinky and hands it over.

Then I wanted to buy a stunt man to jump into the cake at the reception.

She angrily opposed this idea, and said that this meant I wanted her to die like the girl in the video.

Thank God we broke up shortly after that spat.

We DID have November Rain at our wedding. It was even in a church. We aren't church goes (AT ALL) but it was winter and it was cheap (we're bad)....he wanted to know what music we where thinking of......we told him the only one we cared about was an instrumental.....so my sister played NR on the piano!

I wanted to sing......THAT was opposed!

Bet you're not still friends, huh?

you can't get a cold by being cold. although perhaps....a mental disease ;)

funny stories on here. I hate the friggin' snow....one more month of it....then beer and bikinis.

holy shit! HAHAHAHA!

Spot on......

Spot on......

just curious, how did you think you sounded? did you hit the note at least? lol

Spot on......

just curious, how did you think you sounded? did you hit the note at least? lol

I really don't remember.....but I would bet money that I sounded like Axl circa 2002.