The Most Stupid GNR related thing you've ever done

cocoscum

I recall one time at 6 flags. They were having a "fear factor"-esque contest for 2 all day line cutting passes. All i had to do was eat a live madagascar hissing cockroach. Im on stage, toss it in, and start chewing. I thought i was going to throw up when my buddy screams "Dont give up Rich! Do the Axl dance." So I do the classic snake dance, and swallow. They gave me the microphone and all I could say was "I'd like to thank Axl Rose for helping me through this"

And for the record: Yes I was drunk at the time.

What is the most stupid GnR related thing you've done?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done a few random things, but I'm planning on doing a spoken word version of SCOM for my speech. It won't be to music, so it'll just be me saying the lyrics in a very articulated way. I'm even going to do the "whoa whoa whoa" bit in speech format.

I'm thinking I might even do the guitar solo. Vocally, of course.

Guest siliconmessiah

Ah...thinking back to being 18-19 years old...totally flipping of Axl-style on a nightclub when I didn´t got to play the piano. No riot though...I stormed out of the place after a nice little rant. I blame the whiskey.

If we go to more positive things, I have made a couple of karaoke-arrangements with G&R songs. Those have been pretty spectacular (throwing mic stands) and people in their 40´s and 50´s even came talking to me and praising me in the street the day after doing You Could Be Mine and Paradise City on Gran Canaria...=)

Edited by siliconmessiah

4th grade:

Me: "Mom, what does the word 'cunt' mean?"

Mom: "WHAT?! Where did you hear that word????"

Me: "Ah just like, you know, on TV and stuff" (totally lying, while the image of UYI 1 liner notes/Bad Obsession lyrics are clear as day in my brain)

Mom: "THEY DO NOT SAY THAT WORD ON TV... DID YOU HEAR THAT ON SOME CD YOU HAVE?"

hahaha lied my way out of it; I knew that if I gave up that it was from Illusion I, she'd confiscate it and I'd be raging like a maniac hahahaha. Honestly didn't know what it meant back that.

Good times, good times...

I once had one of those boring business communication subjects we had to do 4 oral presentations

For one of them I spent 10 minutes talking GNR to a bunch of Indian Computer science students

Hilarious because none of them cared at all about GNR

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

In 1998, pro wrestler Shawn Michaels suffered a horriifc back injury and was told he could never wrestle again.

Around 2000, my brother had grown tired of hearing me talk about 'Chinese Democracy' and bet me $5 that Shawn Michaels would wrestle again before it came out. I gladly took the bet.

You can imagine what haappened. Shawn came back in 2002 and I didn't get 'Chinese Democracy' until 2008. That's right, MEDICAL SCIENCE beat Axl Rose, by 6 fucking years.

My brother still has the $5 in a frame hanging on his wall. I took a lot of shit over that one.

hands down shacklers revenge rockband vocals halloween 2009.

but my favorite was some guy here, forget who it was, he was having an awkward moment with some girl he liked but who 'freinds zoned' him. he was driving her home and put on this i love.

thats helmet stupid right there.

Edited by Jackie Moon

In fall of '06 I went into my local FYE and asked the dude at the counter when they would be getting their shipment for "Far Downs", with a wink I might add.

The guy obviously had no fucking clue what I was talking about and was further confused when I tried to explain I was talking about a Guns N' Roses album.

I've done a few random things, but I'm planning on doing a spoken word version of SCOM for my speech. It won't be to music, so it'll just be me saying the lyrics in a very articulated way. I'm even going to do the "whoa whoa whoa" bit in speech format.

please record that on video :P

kkkkkkkkkkkkkk :rofl-lol: please vid!

I think the most stupid thing I did was drawing the new logo in everywhere I saw if I had a pencil in hands.