Festivals

Gods Favourite

Topic says it all. What festivals, what names, where etc.?

I'm definitely going to Roskilde Festival this year. I've been to a minor festival the last two years and finally my parents gave their permission for me to go to Roskilde Festival and I'm already excited as fuck, even though only a handful of names have been revealed as of yet. Florence and the Machine, Motörhead, Jack Johnson (yes, I love the guy), Muse, Nephew, Them Crooked Vultues (SO fucking awesome) and Dizzy Mizz Lizzy are the biggest names yet.

Edited by Gods Favourite

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I'm only going to Sweden Rock Festival in south east Sweden, outside a small-town called Sölvesborg.

So far these bands are announced:

poster_big.jpg

There will be about 25 more bands.

T In The Park. Kasabian are the only confirmed so far, but their my favourite band and that so that's fine. Also been told by Simon Neil that Biffy are playing as well.

Mental as Balado is like 20 mins from me but I've never gone to T as there's never been enough folk playing that would make me want to go.

T In The Park. Kasabian are the only confirmed so far, but their my favourite band and that so that's fine. Also been told by Simon Neil that Biffy are playing as well.

Mental as Balado is like 20 mins from me but I've never gone to T as there's never been enough folk playing that would make me want to go.

Aye I'm just a 10 minute journey from T, my first time at it this year. Muse are supposedly playing as well. I'm not into many of their songs but I'd stop by for the hits and sheer theatricalness of it all.

Is Browno playing this year?

Ian? Saw him up the hmv in edinburgh last year, mentioned he might. I heard Charlatans, Primal Scream, Manics, Courteeners, View should be as well. And Wellers might be doing festivals for his new record.

Aye. His voice is utter pish these days but still got some mega choons. Charlatans, Primal Scream, Manics would also be decent. Don't know the Courteneers.

• 2 weeks later...

Topic says it all. What festivals, what names, where etc.?

I'm definitely going to Roskilde Festival this year. I've been to a minor festival the last two years and finally my parents gave their permission for me to go to Roskilde Festival and I'm already excited as fuck, even though only a handful of names have been revealed as of yet. Florence and the Machine, Motörhead, Jack Johnson (yes, I love the guy), Muse, Nephew, Them Crooked Vultues (SO fucking awesome) and Dizzy Mizz Lizzy are the biggest names yet.

Names like Alice in Chains and Tech N9ne have been revealed. It's getting better, but there's a alot of names left.

Looks like Maiden is playing the Ottawa Bluesfest this year, so I'll be heading up for that again (And that makes 7 Maiden gigs this year now!)

6/10-6/19 - Rochester International Jazz Fest (I will be at all 10 days)

7/6 - Ottawa Bluesfest (For Iron Maiden)

8/7 - Sonisphere Sweden

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, Kasabian and Wild Beasts has been announced for Roskilde Festival. I'm hearing great things about Kasabian, can anyone recommend me some of their best albums? :P

EDIT: I see they only released 3, so I'm just gonna go ahead and download them all I guess.

Edited by Gods Favourite

First day of Hard Rock Calling festival, on Hyde Park. For Pearl Jam.

Not sure yet. So far I'm planning on going to Bospop in Weert (The Netherlands) because John Fogerty and Crosby, Stills & Nash are performing. For the rest, no festival plans yet this year.

I'd love to see John Fogerty live! Have ou got his Long Road Home dvd?

Alright, Kasabian and Wild Beasts has been announced for Roskilde Festival. I'm hearing great things about Kasabian, can anyone recommend me some of their best albums? :P

EDIT: I see they only released 3, so I'm just gonna go ahead and download them all I guess.

West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum is beyond mortal comprehension.

After that the self titled, Empire's a good album (Stuntman, British Legion, Doberman, Empire) but not up to par with the others.