Festivals

Gods Favourite

Alright, Kasabian and Wild Beasts has been announced for Roskilde Festival. I'm hearing great things about Kasabian, can anyone recommend me some of their best albums? :P

EDIT: I see they only released 3, so I'm just gonna go ahead and download them all I guess.

West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum is beyond mortal comprehension.

After that the self titled, Empire's a good album (Stuntman, British Legion, Doberman, Empire) but not up to par with the others.

I listened through West Ryder.. a couple of times today and I must say that Kasabian's waay better than I thought! Fucking cool album, now I can't wait to see them :lol: Are they any good live?

Edited by Gods Favourite

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, Kasabian and Wild Beasts has been announced for Roskilde Festival. I'm hearing great things about Kasabian, can anyone recommend me some of their best albums? :P

EDIT: I see they only released 3, so I'm just gonna go ahead and download them all I guess.

After that the self titled, Empire's a good album (Stuntman, British Legion, Doberman, Empire) but not up to par with the others.

I listened through West Ryder.. a couple of times today and I must say that Kasabian's waay better than I thought! Fucking cool album, now I can't wait to see them :lol: Are they any good live?

Best gig I've ever been to was the west ryder arena tour last november, you'll have a great time. Who else is at Roskilde?

Best gig I've ever been to was the west ryder arena tour last november, you'll have a great time. Who else is at Roskilde?

They're yet to reveal the real headliners yet, but until now: Kasabian, Them Crooked Vultures, Alice in Chains, Florence and The Machine, Jack Johnson, Muse, Motörhead, Pavement, NOFX and then a bunch of smaller names that you probably wouldn't know :D Like some Danish acts(that I'm REALLY looking forward to): Nephew, Electrojuice, The Rumour Said Fire, Efterklang and C.V. Jørgensen etc.

See the full list here. http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/musik/bands/

• 2 weeks later...

I usually do Reading (boo at them getting GNR and Libs the first year I choose not to go) but I think some lovely men such as Angus Young and Steven Tyler and Scott Weiland and Lemmy and Slash and Josh Homme and John Paul Jone and Dave Grohl and Zach De La Rocha and Billy Idol may make Download just about tolerable for me instead.

Edited by JAC185

I usually do Reading (boo at them getting GNR and Libs the first year I choose not to go) but I think some lovely men such as Angus Young and Steven Tyler and Scott Weiland and Lemmy and Slash and Josh Homme and John Paul Jone and Dave Grohl and Zach De La Rocha and Billy Idol may make Download just about tolerable for me instead.

Holy crap, I just looked at the Sunday line-up and it looks fantastic.

Ottawa Bluesfest...its not really blues...many people play at this...saw KISS last year for the first time

Catch Maiden this year...well worth the price of a day pass. I love the Bluesfest, gonna try and make it up annually for at least one show. I've seen few shows top STP at the Bluesfest last year (And you can't beat $30 day passes!)

So almost all of the names for Roskilde Festival have been announced, only leaving about 10-15 left.

The general opinion is, that this years headliners are very weak compared to some of the former years. The overall programme is pretty awesome, but the headliners are .. meh. They're cool, but not as cool as they could've been. I mean, people were really expecting names like RATM, Daft Punk, Justice, Wolfmother etc. to be announced.

So, the headliners are: Gorillaz, Jack Johnson, Muse, Nephew, The Prodigy, Patti Smith and band, Them Crooked Vultures.

Rest: Alice in Chains, Motörhead, Paramore, NOFX, Porcupine Tree, Pavement, Kings of Convenience, Florence & The Machine, The National, Vampire Weekend, Robyn etc. See the full poster here:

26130_379946826705_10248811705_4273301_4473625_n.jpg

As said: The overall programme is good, but the headliners are :shrugs: compared to former years.

Edited by Gods Favourite