Guns N' Roses - Metallica Tour

duff_mckagan21

I was just wondering how they fitted three bands on the bill with the setlist each band had.

What time did Faith No More start the show and what time did Metallica follow? All I keep reading on this tour is that after Metallica finished Guns could come out at any given time.

duff21

Don't remember the start time,but I remember it was still light out for Faith No More.

In fact,it was still light when Metallica started.

FTM and Metallica were pretty punctual both times I saw that tour...Guns were the loose canons for start times.

Metallica's set was fairly formulated and didn't stray from form...in fact...the exact same banter ensued both times (you guys are fuckin louder than last night,you guys are the loudest fuckers on this tour yet...it all seemed pretty scripted).

Guns was just as chaotic as always...playing whatever song they were in the mood for.Which I always loved about them,keeps it fresh and interesting.

But yeah,I'd say FTM probably started around 7 or 7:30 (just a guess).

I know Metallica was on stage not too long after...the changeover was pretty quick.

That's my semi-sober take on events and I'm sticking to it! :tongue2:

The show I saw was in Kansas City, MO. Body Count was the opening act. I think they came on around 4:30pm, Metallica came on around 6:00, played for 2 hours. GnR came on about 2 1/2 hours after Metallica ended. GnR ended around midnight. Something like that. I heard it took some time to get rid of Metallica's stage set-up. Which didn't matter because Axl was gonna come on only when he was ready.

I saw Guns and Metallica in Pittsburgh, PA. As far as my memory serves Faith No More came on while it was light out as did Metallica. It didn't take Guns long at all to come on after Metallica. I don't ever remember being tense or worried that Guns wouldn't take the stage. It was THE best concert I have or will ever have gone to.

I didn't catch FTM.. We walked in as Metallica were opening with Creeping Death.. Metallica put ona Blistering set and they were phenominal... They played for 3 hours and kicked peoples asses..

there wasa THREE HOUR wait until Guns came on. People were restless as hell, there was shit flying everywhere and alot of fights... I believe there were 250 arrests that day. Anyway Guns finally came on and people were tried... I loved it because I was an Uber fan but the overall census was that Metallica blew them away... No one wanted to hear Axl whine and rant or hear songs like November Rain at that point... Out of the 3 shows I saw back in the day that was my least favorite,

• 1 year later...

Don't remember the start time,but I remember it was still light out for Faith No More.

In fact,it was still light when Metallica started.

FTM and Metallica were pretty punctual both times I saw that tour...Guns were the loose canons for start times.

Metallica's set was fairly formulated and didn't stray from form...in fact...the exact same banter ensued both times (you guys are fuckin louder than last night,you guys are the loudest fuckers on this tour yet...it all seemed pretty scripted).

Guns was just as chaotic as always...playing whatever song they were in the mood for.Which I always loved about them,keeps it fresh and interesting.

But yeah,I'd say FTM probably started around 7 or 7:30 (just a guess).

I know Metallica was on stage not too long after...the changeover was pretty quick.

That's my semi-sober take on events and I'm sticking to it! :tongue2:

@zint61 Me too. Lol! You remember it about like I do.. 7-7:30 I would guess.. Wasn't MotorHead there too? I don't remember. I think they were supposed to be.. But we got in late.

I can remember this was about the same time I plunged my soul into the Grunge Seen There were about 15 or 16 of us that went to this show. I remember F.T.M. playing as we got in. It was a rainy, cloudy, and MUGGY summer Pittsburgh evening. Four of us were under the first deck near where first base/right field would have been, (DRY). The rest of us were in the front row of that section [about 6 rows in front of our friends].. We were soaked, drunk/stoned any having a blast in the rain!! I remember partying in the parking lot for hours beforehand.. Metallica came on at about dusk in a light rain mist and played into the night.. Guns was on not that long after Metallica, and put on a GREAT show.. They were usually late though back then. I don't remember too much from that point, but I remember GnR stole the show.. Good times man.. good times! If I remember right Metallica and Guns would switch as the headliner every other concert.. or something like that.. This was the tour where people got crushed and died at one of the shows. I think it was in Canada?? Not sure..

If anyone was there, I live in Irwin PA, it's 20 miles east of Pittsburgh.. :).

**I am looking for ANY KIND of video or audio from this SHOW!! It's hard to find these older concert's because we didn't have cell phones... Heh

Contact me @(Mrwirez at gmail dot com)

I am glad I stumbled onto this site!!

Thanks,

Jim [Mrwirez]

Edited by Mrwirez

I never went to these shows but as I remember the shows started early like 4 or 5 because of the setup time and wait between the acts.

I hear of a 2 or 3 hour wait for Guns. It musta' been an awsome show but to make people wait that long in a jam packed arena is ridiculous.

I saw Guns and Metallica in Pittsburgh, PA. As far as my memory serves Faith No More came on while it was light out as did Metallica. It didn't take Guns long at all to come on after Metallica. I don't ever remember being tense or worried that Guns wouldn't take the stage. It was THE best concert I have or will ever have gone to.

I was at that one in the 4th row! Unbelievable...

It pissed down rain during Metallica adding to the mayhem. I don't remember start times, but it was still daylight when Metallica finished.

I went to the Indy show. 20 years after the fact I remember Mike Patton lying down for a few songs, Metallica absolutely killing it, a nice titty show during the 3 hour wait for Guns, Axl being pissy, and me locking my keys in the car at Denny's at 3 in the morning.

For the folks that saw the Pittsburgh GnR/Metallica show I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS. :)

1-How old were you then?

2-How old are you now?? Haha

Me first... it will be 20 years in July. o.O

25 then ... 45 now.. Boo!!

First of all, I have to say that that concert will never be topped. 15 then and 35 now. I can remember sitting on the bridge across from Three Rivers Stadium In a traffic jam listening to Faith No More opening. It was an unbelievable concert.

For the folks that saw the Pittsburgh GnR/Metallica show I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS. :)

1-How old were you then?

2-How old are you now?? Haha

Me first... it will be 20 years in July. o.O

25 then ... 45 now.. Boo!!

I was 18 then. I wish I knew then that it would be the last time I'd see Axl, Slash, and Duff together.

I was 14 when I saw them In Wheeling. I would love to rewind time to see that one again. I had no idea what I was really seeing. The original lineup in all their glory. Damn!