The OFFICIAL Belo Horizonte Concert Thread - March 10, Brazil

Caroline

I'm annoyed by the short setlists but I'm not going to complain and neither should most of you if you're not actually there at the show. For those who DID go to the show, I feel sorry for you as I'm sure alot of you were expecting much more than what you got. In the end, I'm sure you had alot of fun anyways.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only four Chinese Democracy songs. lolz. Other than that, I don't think people should really be complaining. The standard length of time for a concert or show is about 90 minutes. You can't expect Guns to go on and put in twice that every night.

If you just count the actual songs and take away the solo spots (Dizzy, Ashba, 4tus, Bumble) last nights show was less than 90 minutes.

Only four Chinese Democracy songs. lolz. Other than that, I don't think people should really be complaining. The standard length of time for a concert or show is about 90 minutes. You can't expect Guns to go on and put in twice that every night.

If you just count the actual songs and take away the solo spots (Dizzy, Ashba, 4tus, Bumble) last nights show was less than 90 minutes.

And on the solo spots, there was some other band playing on stage, that's why you don't count them?

That's hardly a fair thing to say. If you take out the time between songs, all concerts would be a lot shorter.

And on the solo spots, there was some other band playing on stage, that's why you don't count them?

And how many of the people attending a Guns N' Roses concert do that to see Bumble perform Pink Panther? Everyone goes to see Axl and it's a FACT he was OFF STAGE for 1/4 of yesterday's showtime. 15 songs were played, two of them covers. That's 13 original songs. For some band that's about a non-headlining festival job in the afternoon. For Bruce Springsteen or Pearl Jam that's an extended soundcheck.

I think all the fans of GNR deserve a great concert. And I think Axl and the boys try there best to do that, but its a world tour and they cant be doing 3-4 hr. sets on every stop. Axl is a singer and cant afford to ruin his voice and possibly not play a show or two. I bet then you guys will start to say,why does he have to over do himself. A normal band hardly plays over 2 hrs anyways. Be grateful that your seeing an epic rock n roll show!

I'm sure it was great for most of the people there. If you take out the solos/jams,the setlist is pretty short.

I just saw Elton John/Billy Joel (who are in their 60's) play a nearly three hour and 45 minute concert with NO solos. Billy was up from behind the piano on guitar as well,so it isn't like they are just sitting. For the prices those fans paid,they should have got a longer show.

They were both playing for 3 hrs and 45 minutes non stop??

I think all the fans of GNR deserve a great concert. And I think Axl and the boys try there best to do that, but its a world tour and they cant be doing 3-4 hr. sets on every stop. Axl is a singer and cant afford to ruin his voice and possibly not play a show or two. I bet then you guys will start to say,why does he have to over do himself. A normal band hardly plays over 2 hrs anyways. Be grateful that your seeing an epic rock n roll show!

I'm sure it was great for most of the people there. If you take out the solos/jams,the setlist is pretty short.

I just saw Elton John/Billy Joel (who are in their 60's) play a nearly three hour and 45 minute concert with NO solos. Billy was up from behind the piano on guitar as well,so it isn't like they are just sitting. For the prices those fans paid,they should have got a longer show.

LOL Yeah sure

i've heard gnr was booed a few times during the concert. so maybe axl was pissed and cut the show short.

never heard that at all, where you get that from?

Edited by gunsguy

i've heard gnr was booed a few times during the concert. so maybe axl was pissed and cut the show short.

Tottaly wrong. I was there. You can see all the brazilians foruns and people say just positive things. Me, stratus, Helen luna and axlbrazil and others were there.

Edited by Caroline

I'm annoyed by the short setlists but I'm not going to complain and neither should most of you if you're not actually there at the show. For those who DID go to the show, I feel sorry for you as I'm sure alot of you were expecting much more than what you got. In the end, I'm sure you had alot of fun anyways.

That is right....I am not really annoyed though, but I reckon if you were actually at the concert you could have wanted more, but the most important thing is that the fans had a good time.

But that's two acts with two different singers.

And how many of the people attending a Guns N' Roses concert do that to see Bumble perform Pink Panther? Everyone goes to see Axl and it's a FACT he was OFF STAGE for 1/4 of yesterday's showtime. 15 songs were played, two of them covers. That's 13 original songs. For some band that's about a non-headlining festival job in the afternoon. For Bruce Springsteen or Pearl Jam that's an extended soundcheck.

Wrong. I think a lot of people are going to see the whole band, not everyone are attending the show ONLY to see Axl. When I'm going in June, I'm going for everyone.. And solos between the songs are always great. Can't wait to hear the Pink Panther theme and The Ballad Of Death.

some quotes a this link, portuguese:

Terra

Lol! Let me explain. A lot of people was throwing flags on the stage. But one of these flags was with a local soccer team logo inside the brazilian flag. Axl didn`t see the logo and he put the flag thinking that flag was Brazil`s flag. So people that don`t cheer to that team (LIKE ME) started to scream. Some of them booed THE FLAG AND NOT AXL. :thumbsup:

Wrong. I think a lot of people are going to see the whole band, not everyone are attending the show ONLY to see Axl. When I'm going in June, I'm going for everyone.. And solos between the songs are always great. Can't wait to hear the Pink Panther theme and The Ballad Of Death.

+1 :thumbsup:

Edited by Caroline

Terra

Lol! Let me explain. A lot of people was throwing flags on the stage. But one of these flags was with a local soccer team logo inside the brazilian flag. Axl didn`t see the logo and he put the flag thinking that flag was Brazil`s flag. So people that don`t cheer to that team (LIKE ME) started to scream. Some of them booed THE FLAG AND NOT AXL. :thumbsup:

i know that but you do understand that axl is not aware of brazilian teams. and maybe he did not understand why people were doing that. anyhow i saw also regarding during the song Sorry part of the crowd booed.

anyway seems you had a great time and thats what really matter. congrats. :thumbsup:

Some people on here have developed some fucked up sense of entitlement that the shows are being played for them, for the internet forum dwellers. That is not the case, the set is based on what works best for the band and best for the audience, anyone who thinks otherwise is a complete moron. The band could play the same 2 hour set for the rest of tour because that is what delivers the best show. The only people who might walk out complaining will be the forum dwellers who are aware of the other setlists and that is a minimal amount of people.

Terra

i know that but you do understand that axl is not aware of brazilian teams. and maybe he did not understand why people were doing that. anyhow i saw also regarding during the song Sorry part of the crowd booed.

anyway seems you had a great time and thats what really matter. congrats. :thumbsup:

Lol! I was just explaining the situation. In fact, what happened was funny. People started to scream and jump and some others like me saying him "Noooo nooooo nooooo this flag nooooooooo" :rofl-lol::rofl-lol: and then he seemed lost "WTF" is this?? :rofl-lol:

Edited by Caroline

No but nearly 70 year old Paul McCartney plays 3-plus hour shows :thumbsup:

If you think a 15 song set is cool,then more power to ya.

Not to mention a 60 year old Springsteen plays 3 hour shows and runs around the stage like he was in his twenties.