The OFFICIAL Belo Horizonte Concert Thread - March 10, Brazil

Caroline

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just feel the crowd! AWESOME!!!

that's awesome

another amazing wttj video, just the beginning, but you can almost get the feeling of being jumping in the crowd rock3

Thanks!!! Lol! I was at front row, just 2 - 3 people in front of me. Jungle time was insane, I jumped all the time!!! Lol!!!

I think all the fans of GNR deserve a great concert. And I think Axl and the boys try there best to do that, but its a world tour and they cant be doing 3-4 hr. sets on every stop. Axl is a singer and cant afford to ruin his voice and possibly not play a show or two. I bet then you guys will start to say,why does he have to over do himself. A normal band hardly plays over 2 hrs anyways. Be grateful that your seeing an epic rock n roll show!

I'm sure it was great for most of the people there. If you take out the solos/jams,the setlist is pretty short.

I just saw Elton John/Billy Joel (who are in their 60's) play a nearly three hour and 45 minute concert with NO solos. Billy was up from behind the piano on guitar as well,so it isn't like they are just sitting. For the prices those fans paid,they should have got a longer show.

They were both playing for 3 hrs and 45 minutes non stop??

No but nearly 70 year old Paul McCartney plays 3-plus hour shows :thumbsup:

If you think a 15 song set is cool,then more power to ya.

Not to mention a 60 year old Springsteen plays 3 hour shows and runs around the stage like he was in his twenties.

Cue the GNR-educators telling you that those artists are the exceptions rather than the norm. But yeah,The Boss is a great example.

I forgot that you paid money to go see GNR in Belo Horizonte

I think all the fans of GNR deserve a great concert. And I think Axl and the boys try there best to do that, but its a world tour and they cant be doing 3-4 hr. sets on every stop. Axl is a singer and cant afford to ruin his voice and possibly not play a show or two. I bet then you guys will start to say,why does he have to over do himself. A normal band hardly plays over 2 hrs anyways. Be grateful that your seeing an epic rock n roll show!

I'm sure it was great for most of the people there. If you take out the solos/jams,the setlist is pretty short.

I just saw Elton John/Billy Joel (who are in their 60's) play a nearly three hour and 45 minute concert with NO solos. Billy was up from behind the piano on guitar as well,so it isn't like they are just sitting. For the prices those fans paid,they should have got a longer show.

They were both playing for 3 hrs and 45 minutes non stop??

Yes when I saw McCartney he played for 3 hours, no breaks, and played a 33 song setlist (no jams). It was amazing!!

Some people on here have developed some fucked up sense of entitlement that the shows are being played for them, for the internet forum dwellers. That is not the case, the set is based on what works best for the band and best for the audience, anyone who thinks otherwise is a complete moron. The band could play the same 2 hour set for the rest of tour because that is what delivers the best show. The only people who might walk out complaining will be the forum dwellers who are aware of the other setlists and that is a minimal amount of people.

Yup you're dead on the money. Other then the "sense of entitlement - stolen from Axl's posts" I agree wholeheartedly. The only people that know last night's show was shorter (15 songs - 1:56) are those that are dedicated forum members. If we didn't know how long previous shows, such as Osaka, Tokyo or Saskatoon have been, or never seen a GNR live show. We'd say we got our money's worth with 15 songs wouldn't we. 2 hours of GNR for $60... Ya just can't go wrong.

Next time, you "so called" fans wanna bitch... Ask yourself this!

Would ya rather have shorter shows, knowing Axl is alive and well and getting killer reviews. Not to mention, seeing footage on You Tube or Live Stream... Or, would ya rather the band finishes up the South America tour, heads beack to Los Angeles and never tours or records again?

Thought so. Now SHUT THE FUCK UP and stop criticizing the band, their actions and the format or duration or any particular show! Considerig those that attended these shows have had nothing but good things to say! Be happy GNR are touring at all. The dumbass forum members, not just here, that bitched... You're entitled to your opinion. Keep in mind though, after hearing of your comments, GNR could just cancel the whole fuckin' tour. They have no obligation, no money worries. Axl and the members (current and past - post UYI) have been through hell to bring us the new cd and the current tour. Be thankful, kiss your kids, or your ass... Whatever it is you gotta do to re-align yourself with reality.

Be a fan, not a critic.

It's really a good thing that forum/internet goers make-up a very small percentage of those that attend the shows. Cuz if it were the opposite... Axl would've gone home a long time ago!!!

rock3

Edited by MicEffecT

I just can't wait till sunday :xmasssanta:

I'm gonna smile all day all over again.

Just feel the crowd! AWESOME!!!

that's awesome

another amazing wttj video, just the beginning, but you can almost get the feeling of being jumping in the crowd rock3

Now I'm just smiling :D

elton john and most of artist young or old don't move as much as axl...

still a lame setlist!

Some people on here have developed some fucked up sense of entitlement that the shows are being played for them, for the internet forum dwellers. That is not the case, the set is based on what works best for the band and best for the audience, anyone who thinks otherwise is a complete moron. The band could play the same 2 hour set for the rest of tour because that is what delivers the best show. The only people who might walk out complaining will be the forum dwellers who are aware of the other setlists and that is a minimal amount of people.

Yup you're dead on the money. Other then the "sense of entitlement - stolen from Axl's posts" I agree wholeheartedly. The only people that know last night's show was shorter (15 songs - 1:56) are those that are dedicated forum members. If we didn't know how long previous shows, such as Osaka, Tokyo or Saskatoon have been, or never seen a GNR live show. We'd say we got our money's worth with 15 songs wouldn't we. 2 hours of GNR for $60... Ya just can't go wrong.

Would ya rather have shorter shows, knowing Axl is alive and well and getting killer reviews. Not to mention, seeing footage on You Tube or Live Stream... Or, would ya rather the band finishes up the South America tour, heads beack to Los Angeles and never tours or records again?

Thought so. Now SHUT THE FUCK UP and stop criticizing the band, their actions and the format or duration or any particular show! Considerig those that attended these shows have had nothing but good things to say! Be happy GNR are touring at all. The dumbass forum members, not just here, that bitched... You're entitled to your opinion. Keep in mind though, after hearing of your comments, GNR could just cancel the whole fuckin' tour. They have no obligation, no money worries. Axl and the members (current and past - post UYI) have been through hell to bring us the new cd and the current tour. Be thankful, kiss your kids, or your ass... Whatever it is you gotta do to re-align yourself with reality.

Be a fan, not a critic.

It's really a good thing that forum/internet goers make-up a very small percentage of those that attend the shows. Cuz if it were the opposite... Axl would've gone home a long time ago!!!

rock3

The band have been through hell to bring us the tour? Doing what? I don't think you are one to tell people to get with reality.

You can be a fan and a critic, you should see some of the U2 boards during their tours. I love this new band but that setlist wasn't great, that is just my opinion.

Then again you come across as someone who would be happy if Axl walked out, whistled the Patience intro then left.

Edited by Rose UK

Two details I forgot to mention about the gig:

* The venue has a terrible acoustic. It is like a church, definitely not a good fit for rock concerts;

* I was on the left side (bbf, 4tus) but walked away to the right during PC -- sound there was much heavier with a proper hmm 'speakers bar' that I couldn't hear well on the left;

Sorry if someone else mentioned it before. I think it may contribute to bashers calm down a bit.

Be a fan, not a critic.

rock3

The band have been through hell to bring us the tour? Doing what? I don't think you are one to tell people to get with reality.

You can be a fan and a critic, you should see some of the U2 boards during their tours. I love this new band but that setlist wasn't great, that is just my opinion.

Then again you come across as someone who would be happy if Axl walked out, whistled the Patience intro then left.

2 things...

1) U2 has a ton of albums and tix are overpriced

2) I'd be happy if Axl walked out, whistled patience, then tore off your nutsack and fed it to his cat.

My opinion only. I'm a true fan and yes as long as I get to hear the band, see the band and know things are going well. Not like I can't afford to go. If you find that you got ripped off, time for a new higher payin' job. Again IMO

* The venue has a terrible acoustic. It is like a church, definitely not a good fit for rock concerts;

* I was on the left side (bbf, 4tus) but walked away to the right during PC -- sound there was much heavier with a proper hmm 'speakers bar' that I couldn't hear well on the left;

Sorry if someone else mentioned it before. I think it may contribute to bashers calm down a bit.

Word to the wise... When buying tickets, stay to the right side :P

Be a fan, not a critic.

rock3

2 things...

2) I'd be happy if Axl walked out, whistled patience, then tore off your nutsack and fed it to his cat.

My opinion only. I'm a true fan and yes as long as I get to hear the band, see the band and know things are going well. Not like I can't afford to go. If you find that you got ripped off, time for a new higher payin' job. Again IMO

I was on the left side too. Lol! Fortus, DJ and Bumbles were there all the time. Agree about the acoustic, OMG, but they told me that acoustic was very good at regular floor. :)

Be a fan, not a critic.

rock3

2 things...

What's the point? Btw, I wanted to watch bbf playing this time. I will attend Rio and I am sure there is a much more appropriate sound setup there. I went to Roger Waters on the same venue in Rio a few years ago and sound was superb. ;-)

Be a fan, not a critic.

rock3

2 things...

What's the point? Btw, I wanted to watch bbf playing this time. I will attend Rio and I am sure there is a much more appropriate sound setup there. I went to Roger Waters on the same venue in Rio a few years ago and sound was superb. ;-)

The point is IT WAS A JOKE... But you forgot to laugh! :rofl-lol:

I was on the left side too. Lol! Fortus, DJ and Bumbles were there all the time. Agree about the acoustic, OMG, but they told me that acoustic was very good at regular floor. :)

Who? Are they able to tell the difference between w/ echo and w/o echo? violin.gif

The opening band before Bach had such a terrible sound setup for them that it was awesome. I mean, they suck so much that it was good to hear all that packed in a single blob of noise. My brain managed to ignore the mess after a few moments. If the genre exists, they were playing ultra speed hardcore punk. rofl-lol.gif

Edited by stratus

give GNR are fuckin break. so they played one shorter show than usual.

you were not there, all the fans there didnt seem to give a shit (see everyone in crowd screaming in every song) so look at the sig and go to your fridge.

The point is IT WAS A JOKE... But you forgot to laugh! :rofl-lol:

rofl-lol.gif pwned.

give GNR are fuckin break. so they played one shorter show than usual.

you were not there, all the fans there didnt seem to give a shit (see everyone in crowd screaming in every song) so look at the sig and go to your fridge.

Exactly... Plus they got In Darkened Room by Baz. In Toronto... We didn't get Scraped, Axl was an hour late etc etc etc... But as always, Axl left the fans wanting more. The second he walks onto that stage, people forget he was late.

15 songs is getting your moneys worth? On what planet? Weren't these tickets kind of expensive?

You make points about how there aren't many hardcore GNR fans anymore. Do you think 90% of the people at that show were sitting there going "*snort* HMMPHH IT WOULD APPEAR THAT AXL HAS GIVEN US A 15 SONG SET WITH ONLY FOUR TRACKS FROM THE CHINESE DEMOCRACY ALBUM...I AM OUTRAGED."

No. They dont give a SHIT. The only people that care are the people sitting on the computer reading the Guns N' Roses forums. Like you and I.

I'm willing to bet that most of them would say that their concert experience was AWESOME, rather than coming home and bitching that Axl only played for 2 hours. Yeah, it annoys me a bit, but I didn't pay to see the show. If they come to America and I pay to see them and they play a 3 hour setlist, that's fucking great. If they come to America and I pay to see them and they play a 2 hour setlist, I had a great 2 hours. Playing 3 hours is more of an unintentional favor.

If you didn't pay, Axl doesn't owe you. If you did pay, that was your choice, Axl owes you a show. But nothing more.

EDIT: And about the whole Paul Mccartney 239 hour show thing, Axl isn't Paul so I don't give a shit.

Edited by ItsSuchACrimeUKnowItsJAKE

Paul McCartney? That isn't a very good comparison at all. Paul McCartney may be 70 and put on 3 hour shows, but even when he was 20, he wasn't singing and running around the way Axl does at his age now. There isn't even a comparison here, so stop trying to reach. Axl's show is vocally and physically much tougher than 99% of musicians today I'm sure.

Be a fan, not a critic.

rock3

2 things...

U2 tickets are around $70, not really overpriced for the biggest rock band in the world.

You didn't answer my question, how have the band been through hell on this tour? Or would you rather just go off saying 'IM A TRUE FAN' rather than just answer a simple question.

I said nothing about getting ripped off, I only commented on the setlist. Why make arguments on behalf of the other person so you can argue with yourself?

I'd say that's a common thing.

Who? Are they able to tell the difference between w/ echo and w/o echo? violin.gif

The opening band before Bach had such a terrible sound setup for them that it was awesome. I mean, they suck so much that it was good to hear all that packed in a single blob of noise. My brain managed to ignore the mess after a few moments. If the genre exists, they were playing ultra speed hardcore punk. rofl-lol.gif

:wub: Do they have a web site or a MySpace page? Gimme a link please!

Taipei was the same as Belo but we got TWAT instead of Sorry. Still great, there's something to be said for a full on assault high energy show and then gtfo, it must have something to do with smaller shows, must have been hot in that gym.

Taipei was the same as Belo but we got TWAT instead of Sorry. Still great, there's something to be said for a full on assault high energy show and then gtfo, it must have something to do with smaller shows, must have been hot in that gym.

Hot, for sure!!!! ;) But, can anybody please estimate the room temperature?