Slash calls Axl "fucking great"

Zint

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen this version of the band live yet. But I have seen the original 5, the Gilby version, the 1st Vegas show, and the 2002 version. Each had their strengths and their weaknesses. The current line up does nothing for me. DJ Ashba looks like he should be working at Hot Topic and there was a reason that no one had heard of Bumble before he became the newest hired gun. It's really sad if you think about it. GnR could have been the next Stones now they are a glorified cover band.

Just cause' u think so doesn't make it fact. BBF was reccomended highly by a guy named Steve Vai, ever heard of him? You haven't been to a gig by self-admission, I have and they are completely extraordinary killer onstage. If you aren't a fan why r u here?

And the same to you. You can say all day long that this is GnR but that doesn't make it so. It's the Axl Rose project. GnR died when Izzy left. Axl kept the name for the sake of money, no more, no less. I am here because despite all that Axl does the music is still good, it's just not Guns.

I have not seen this version of the band live yet. But I have seen the original 5, the Gilby version, the 1st Vegas show, and the 2002 version. Each had their strengths and their weaknesses. The current line up does nothing for me. DJ Ashba looks like he should be working at Hot Topic and there was a reason that no one had heard of Bumble before he became the newest hired gun. It's really sad if you think about it. GnR could have been the next Stones now they are a glorified cover band.

Just cause' u think so doesn't make it fact. BBF was reccomended highly by a guy named Steve Vai, ever heard of him? You haven't been to a gig by self-admission, I have and they are completely extraordinary killer onstage. If you aren't a fan why r u here?

And the same to you. You can say all day long that this is GnR but that doesn't make it so. It's the Axl Rose project. GnR died when Izzy left. Axl kept the name for the sake of money, no more, no less. I am here because despite all that Axl does the music is still good, it's just not Guns.

That's ONLY your opinion, not a fact.

If Axl was so interested about money he would have done a lot of things he refused to do because he has integrity IMO

This is one of thsoe instances where there is no right or wrong answer, it's all personal opinion. It comes with music being a medium that envokes such an emotional response. You can argue until you're blue in the face, you're still not right, then again you're not wrong either.

If Axl was so interested about money he would have done a lot of things he refused to do because he has integrity IMO

Like force his best friend Izzy (the band's primary songwriter) to take a pay cut?

Source for that?

Stop spreading bullshit, Izzy left because he wanted to stay away from the drugs and he didn't like how everything got so big.

inb4 you quote a journalist

Edited by RocketKing99

the GnR name is very valuable...

This is right, since valuable doesn't only mean money-wise.

If Axl only cared about money he'd have done a shitload of promotion for his album, no?

In the U.S., Chinese Democracy was sold exclusively through Best Buy .

Why did Axl opt for such a seemingly limited release for one of the most anticipated albums of all time?

For a guaranteed pay-day.

Axl didn't feel the need to do any promotion, and answer the inevitable questions about Slash and why the album took so long.

He took his bag fat check and hid from the public for 18 months.

Like force his best friend Izzy (the band's primary songwriter) to take a pay cut?

Source for that?

Stop spreading bullshit, Izzy left because he wanted to stay away from the drugs and he didn't like how everything got so big.

Does a quote from Izzy count?

Q: What was the last straw that made you leave GNR?

Izzy: After the first leg of the UYI tour, Axl wanted to make me sign a

contract which meant that I was less involved and less paid. I couldn't

believe it. This contract was coming from someone I grew up with for fuck's

sake. We always considered GNR as a best friend band, and now Axl was

telling me:" now we are doing business." Why should I carry on? Where was

the fun? That was the last drop. But other things happen before like in

Donnington where to kids died during the show. What the fuck is that? Is

that rock n' roll? To read in an airport newspaper that kid died during

one of your gig? What the fun to play in stadium every night and to start

a riot in Saint-Louis because your singer is fucked up? You come to a point

when none of all this is funny anymore. Axl wasn't doing his front man job

anymore. As for the others, there were all stoned and wasted, I wasn't

even able to make them learn covers: We could have play covers while Axl

was away waiting for him to come back, entertaining the kids. No. We came

up with drum solo. What's more boring than a drum solo???

http://www.snakepit.org/izzyart1.txt

Edited by John Bonham

How dare you burst her fantasyland bubble with reality!

Oh and to those who like to reward Axl in their mind for "not caring about money," you should realize that while that's possibly true in some cases, he cares about "power" and attaining it all costs (whether it fucks over other people, fans or even himself, which it inevitably does in the end) and to me that's a lot worse than wanting to make a few bucks.

Man you really have drunk the Axl koolaid Chicky......the GnR name is very valuable...If Axl did not do it for the money please explain why he was so mercenary and ruthless in making sure he gained complete control of the brand name and screwed his ex bandmates to get that control? and why has he continued to record and tour under that name if it was not for the money? Do you really think he would have sold near as many ChiDems or sold as many concert tickets if he had called the band the Axl Rose band do you?

IMO, he took the name control because he saw how the band he created was going downfall with drugs etc and he was the one who could and the one who had to keep things going. Axl kept the name because he wanted to go on with the band he was one of the founders of, and he never left that band so imo he is right if he wants to go on and keep the name. He is the soul of GNR anyways.

If I am not wrong, the best buy deal was made by management and not by Axl or the band. And if Axl was in this for the money, we would have 150 cd´s by now and he would be selling himself all over the media...etc. And, if he had decided to go on solo, I bet he would still sell the same he does with the current band because, talented musicians and great persons they are aside, most people follow the band because of Axl.

Source for that?

Does a quote from Izzy count?

Q: What was the last straw that made you leave GNR?

Izzy: After the first leg of the UYI tour, Axl wanted to make me sign a

contract which meant that I was less involved and less paid. I couldn't

believe it. This contract was coming from someone I grew up with for fuck's

sake. We always considered GNR as a best friend band, and now Axl was

telling me:" now we are doing business." Why should I carry on? Where was

the fun? That was the last drop. But other things happen before like in

Donnington where to kids died during the show. What the fuck is that? Is

that rock n' roll? To read in an airport newspaper that kid died during

one of your gig? What the fun to play in stadium every night and to start

a riot in Saint-Louis because your singer is fucked up? You come to a point

when none of all this is funny anymore. Axl wasn't doing his front man job

anymore. As for the others, there were all stoned and wasted, I wasn't

even able to make them learn covers: We could have play covers while Axl

was away waiting for him to come back, entertaining the kids. No. We came

up with drum solo. What's more boring than a drum solo???

http://www.snakepit.org/izzyart1.txt

Damn you and the truth!! lol You're going to make people's heads explode.

Axl may not be about the money but as someone else said, he is ALL about the power.

Axl parties at private clubs, drinks top shelf wine, flies in luxury private planes, walks around in a mink coat etc...etc.....

But no, he's not about the money. :rolleyes:

Hasn´t he earned that ?

I don´t see that as "being about the money" but as a result of his work. Oh, wait, if you were as rich as Axl is I bet you wouldn´t like to live the good life :rolleyes:

Axl parties at private clubs, drinks top shelf wine, flies in luxury private planes, walks around in a mink coat etc...etc.....

Hasn´t he earned that ?

I don´t see that as "being about the money" but as a result of his work. Oh, wait, if you were as rich as Axl is I bet you wouldn´t like to live the good life :rolleyes:

Keep ignoring the notion that Axl is a power freak at the expense of friends, bands and fan enjoyment. We won't notice...

Hasn´t he earned that ?

Keep ignoring the notion that Axl is a power freak at the expense of friends, bands and fan enjoyment. We won't notice...

And you keep talking as if you knew stuff of a dude we know nothing about. Axl is, Axl does...bla bla bla

Hasn´t he earned that ?

And you keep talking as if you knew stuff of a dude we know nothing about. Axl is, Axl does...bla bla bla

Keep ignoring statements like the one Izzy Stradlin (someone who does "know the dude") made above....We won't notice...

Hasn´t he earned that ?

Keep ignoring statements like the one Izzy Stradlin (someone who does "know the dude") made above....We won't notice...

And you keep ignoring that years ago Izzy changed his mind and is now friends with "the dude" again...

Hasn´t he earned that ?

And you keep ignoring that years ago Izzy changed his mind and is now friends with "the dude" again...

Keep making asinine arguments like since Izzy let bygones be bygones for awhile that it means he "changed his mind" on past events that actually happened...

Hasn´t he earned that ?

Keep making asinine arguments like since Izzy let bygones be bygones for awhile that it means he "changed his mind" on past events that actually happened...

If you don´t know what I am talking about don´t call it asinine. Izzy referred to that statement and retracted his words.

Hasn´t he earned that ?

Fact: Guns N' Roses exists and is touring, Like it or not with the new line up. It is 2010 not 1991.

Fact: Slash signed the name over as did Duff.

Fact: The turmoil in the band was due to a Power Struggle-with Slash.

Fact: slash has gone through a few bands and lead singers as well.

Fact: slash lied about visiting Axl at 530 one morning and complaining about the VR members to beta.

Fact: slash quit,as did duff-their loss

Fact: GUNS N' ROSES ARE TOURING!!!

so give it up,get over it, this is a GNR forum, ,stop yr bitchin' and stating your opinions as if they were fact, Mr. Cancer,Mr.Spineless, and Mr. I hate Matt are not any part of GNR.

That lineup is DEAD, so stop griping or carry this to the alumni section.

It is what it is.

Hasn´t he earned that ?

If you don´t know what I am talking about don´t call it asinine. Izzy referred to that statement and retracted his words.

Keep acting as if you don't know what "letting bygones be bygones" means...you're asinine

Hasn´t he earned that ?

Keep acting as if you don't know what "letting bygones be bygones" means...you're asinine

And you keep acting as if you didn´t understand what I said.

It would be so easy to tell you to fuck off and how retarded you sound but I´m not going to downgrade myself to your level :sleeper:

Edited by Black Horse