Slash calls Axl "fucking great"

Zint

source: Toronto Sun

quote from article:

Slash gave CMW delegates what they wanted during his keyote address at Canadian Music Week on Thursday morning in Toronto: Sex, drugs, rock’n’roll ... and Axl.

Being interviewed by CNN anchors and real-life couple John Roberts (a Toronto native) and Kyra Phillips, the former Gun N’ Roses/Velvet Revolver guitarist was surprisingly complimentary of his onetime bandmate and GNR’s lead singer, one Axl Rose.

“You have to attempt to understand him as a human being and where he’s coming from. I see things very black and white. That’s just me. And that doesn’t necessarily mean that that’s right. And he sees things in a very colourful kind of way, and I can’t really knock it, ’cause that’s just him. So I try not to sit there and say derogatory things about his personality, because it’s his personality that makes him so f---ing great, and just difficult to deal with.”

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great??? It's obvious that Slash hasn't played with him in quite some time. :rolleyes:

wtf??

Translation......Axl's greatness = long gone.

Umm...No. He's writing great music, he's doing a great tour and he sounds as good as ever. I'm not sure what you think he's lost; If anything he's on top of his game at the moment.

Yeah...you would totally keep saying that if there was a reunion.

In 2002 his voice was pretty nasal, in 2006 it was hit & miss, in 2010 it's "fucking great".

:shrugs:

I agree with you except for the "fucking great" part. It's better, but I wouldn't call it fucking great.

From the stuff I've seen he sounds pretty good, but it seems like he can't hold notes for very long,etc

Yeah...you would totally keep saying that if there was a reunion.

In 2002 his voice was pretty nasal, in 2006 it was hit & miss, in 2010 it's "fucking great".

:shrugs:

I don't think I've ever heard Slash say anything negative in terms of his songwriting ability or his talent as a singer or a frontman; he's always consistently thought he was among the best he's ever heard or worked with; his problem's have always been "other" issues

See, Slashites? Even Slash agrees that Axl's personality is what makes him awesome.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW.

:rolleyes:

Slash is just trying to be nice. He's really just saying "Yeah, we were quite successful together because of our different personalities coming together, but then it reached a point of diminishing returns and it wasn't worth it anymore to deal with the asshole."

Edited by BMo13

See, Slashites? Even Slash agrees that Axl's personality is what makes him awesome.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW.

:rolleyes:

Slash is just trying to be nice. He's really just saying "Yeah, we were quite successful together because of our different pesonalites coming together, but then it reached a point of diminishing returns and it wasn't worth it anymore to deal with the asshole."

I liked "coridal" better. You shouldn't have edited that.

And I guess you're right. You must be Slash's lawyer.

This Carne dude tries way too hard

I never liked him.

No one does. Not even his own mother. As soon as she gave birth to him she tossed him away quicker than you could say jack rabbit just because she saw what kind of loser he was gonna turn into..and it happened