Slash calls Axl "fucking great"

Zint

We all know that both axl and slash are great! why all the fighting?

Quote of the year! They both are great--enjoy the music!

I wish I could but personally I think slash should've been a guitar-guru instead of a mediocre musician due to his affinity for the spotlight, playing with any and everybody,not improving his sound, playing the same tired riffs and having difficulties with more than one lead singer,

and I have difficulty believing anything he says is not self-serving in some way, I don't care what he says or how many tv shows or commercials he appears on, I have lost any and all admiration I may have once had for him. This is imo, not meant to start an argument.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know that both axl and slash are great! why all the fighting?

Quote of the year! They both are great--enjoy the music!

I wish I could but personally I think slash should've been a guitar-guru instead of a mediocre musician due to his affinity for the spotlight, playing with any and everybody,not improving his sound, playing the same tired riffs and having difficulties with more than one lead singer,

and I have difficulty believing anything he says is not self-serving in some way, I don't care what he says or how many tv shows or commercials he appears on, I have lost any and all admiration I may have once had for him. This is imo, not meant to start an argument.

I'm sure Slash doesn't care if he lost your admiration

But I find it difficult to understand GNR fan's who love AFD, Lies, Illusions and TSI

But then they are happy to criticize Slash any chance they get

Cockaroachsoup80 has it right they both are great and I'm enjoying both artists music

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

That is only imo, not meant to convert or change anybody's opinion-it's just the way I truly feel, Iv''e heard both sides and I'm not in the slash camp for the reasons I mentioned. I love Pink Floyd and listen to them even tho Rick Wright, isn't w/them, and Roger Waters-David Gilmour aren't together-same for Queen, The Who, VH, AC/DC, a large number of bands don't have the original lineup but I still enjoy the Albums. Slash WAS in GNR but I fully embrace the new lineup and think they sound better than ever!!! Ashba, Ron and Richard are phenominal musicians,as are Chris and Frank!! Gunner for Life!!!

Great??? It's obvious that Slash hasn't played with him in quite some time. :rolleyes:

wtf??

Translation......Axl's greatness = long gone.

That's what I think too. Ageing doesn't help anyone..

I don't think it's long gone

Axl is sounded great live and slash's new album sounds killer too

Great??? It's obvious that Slash hasn't played with him in quite some time. :rolleyes:

wtf??

Translation......Axl's greatness = long gone.

That's what I think too. Ageing doesn't help anyone..

I don't think it's long gone

Axl is sounded great live and slash's new album sounds killer too

Probably a matter of perception and self-deception... :shrugs:

????? Am I the only one that thinks Slash's "great," "admirable," "respectable" comments were nothing but pure horse shit? I think he says things like this to do nothing more than piss Axl off. After Slash pipes up with his usual "Oh yeah, Axl's great..." comments (that he KNOWS will get some bit of media attention, and thus his comments will eventually get back to Axl) to a large audience, everybody is all surprised and it's not uncommon to hear things afterward like, "Wow, see? Slash really does have respect for Axl. What a class act!" and "See! Axl really needs to move on and forgive..." However, as Axl told us himself, behind closed doors it is a MUCH different story than what everyone is used to. My guess is that to this day, the bullshit lawsuits and time consuming litigation rage on. Slash is probably responsible for Axl having to jump through many hoops to be able to give the concerts that he does, sell the merch that they do, etc. etc. etc. Bottom line: Slash loves to try and piss Axl off by making himself out to be such a saint, when only the opposite is true. I'm sorry, but I see right through Slash.

Amen. Exactly my impression.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
????? Am I the only one that thinks Slash's "great," "admirable," "respectable" comments were nothing but pure horse shit? I think he says things like this to do nothing more than piss Axl off. After Slash pipes up with his usual "Oh yeah, Axl's great..." comments (that he KNOWS will get some bit of media attention, and thus his comments will eventually get back to Axl) to a large audience, everybody is all surprised and it's not uncommon to hear things afterward like, "Wow, see? Slash really does have respect for Axl. What a class act!" and "See! Axl really needs to move on and forgive..." However, as Axl told us himself, behind closed doors it is a MUCH different story than what everyone is used to. My guess is that to this day, the bullshit lawsuits and time consuming litigation rage on. Slash is probably responsible for Axl having to jump through many hoops to be able to give the concerts that he does, sell the merch that they do, etc. etc. etc. Bottom line: Slash loves to try and piss Axl off by making himself out to be such a saint, when only the opposite is true. I'm sorry, but I see right through Slash.

jesus. retarded much?

Obviously.

We are not talking about planning sabotage. Just taking every chance to be the good guy in the public eye. It is a question of trust or no trust. Some choose to see Slash as the trustworthy one, some take Axl's side. My impression: Slash is a back-stabbing snake behind the scene. I repeat: that's my impression.

Edited by Granny

It's no secret that Slash is aware of how the public views him, as this cool, laid back, gentle rock and roll star, that's the image his career has been based on. If he came out and said, "Axl's a fucking piece of shit," then that image would be tarnished, he may well feel that way but he would never say it in the public domain.

Well written :thumbsup:

Slash calls Axl 'fucking great', Slash says he wouldn't want to fight Axl Rose.......

WTF? Let the music speak to promote your album, not media propaganda tactics. :thumbsdown:

Slash doesn't censor his interviews so obviously questions are going to come up about Axl/GNR

So what is Slash supposed to do ban all Axl/GNR questions from being asked?

Slash calls Axl 'fucking great', Slash says he wouldn't want to fight Axl Rose.......

WTF? Let the music speak to promote your album, not media propaganda tactics. :thumbsdown:

Slash doesn't censor his interviews so obviously questions are going to come up about Axl/GNR

So what is Slash supposed to do ban all Axl/GNR questions from being asked?

It's funny that you mention it, but that's exactly what he did some time ago (somebody got that youtube clip?). But as soon as he had to sell his autobiography, he got rid of the ban. Now when he has an album to sell, the Axl comments increase yet again. Come on man, it's obvious.

It's kind of going on a personal assumption to say Slash has an agenda or Slash is thinking this

How does anyone but Slash know what Slash is thinking

Absolutely. I don't know. That's why for example I wrote in bold letters: it's my impression. And on this impression I base my personal assumption that Slash is not such a straight-forward but a far less principled character as Axl seems to be.

one minute they are saying good things about one another then the next they bash each other

They make out they hate each other but i don't think they actually know how to feel about each other anymore

Theres been so much annimosity for so long that now they don't know how to feel anymore.

I think in a way they miss each other but know that coming together again would be asking for trouble and could create more problems.

They will either continue to feel this way or they might just one day get over it but thats a long shot!

Guess its just one of those things.

Edited by Drifter

The usual suspects again trying to bash Axl, current GnR and the ones who enjoy what they are doing now...even when their idol Slash said he's fucking great. They actually dared to disagree with their prophet Slash?

This is getting ridiculous now, I mean trolling in the lamest way, in every thread.

And you think comments like this are helping the situation? You're doing the exact same thing toward Slash right now. Someone starts a thread where Slash says something positive about Axl and, yes the anti-Axl people come out in full force, but the people on the opposite side of the crazy coin like you come out in full force as well. :thumbsup: Way to add something to the discussion.

Good for Slash.

Axl is great according to Slash. I think Slash is confusing his fans :rofl-lol: .

Or things like this. But again, look who's posting so not surprising in the slightest. :rolleyes:

one minute they are saying good things about one another then the next they bash each other

They make out they hate each other but i don't think they actually know how to feel about each other anymore

Theres been so much annimosity for so long that now they don't know how to feel anymore.

I think in a way they miss each other but know that coming together again would be asking for trouble and could create more problems.

They will either continue to feel this way or they might just one day get over it but thats a long shot!

Guess its just one of those things.

You have just described most marriage breakups I have witnessed.