The OFFICIAL Montevideo Thread - March 18, Uruguay

ManetsBR

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the information I had is that there were 50000 tickets available, and I think there were about 50000 ppl at the stadium, the tribuna olimpica's got capacity for about 18000 ppl and it was full, ppl at stairs, tribuna amsterdam and colombes weren't full because fans broke the fence and jumped into the field, but there were ppl, and in the field i think there were about 30000, but it wasn't sold out till the concert

best concert ever, sorry for my english

Can we please have people make these topics that will update the first post as the night goes on? Almost every South American show we've had to go searching just to find the selist. The point of these threads is ease of finding info on the show.

Anyways, decent setlist. Great to see Rosie played!

the information I had is that there were 50000 tickets available, and I think there were about 50000 ppl at the stadium, the tribuna olimpica's got capacity for about 18000 ppl and it was full, ppl at stairs, tribuna amsterdam and colombes weren't full because fans broke the fence and jumped into the field, but there were ppl, and in the field i think there were about 30000, but it wasn't sold out till the concert

best concert ever, sorry for my english

Your English is fine, certainly better than my Spanish, trust me! :)

Thanks for this info. Funny to see all these different figures floating around. :lol:

Can we please have people make these topics that will update the first post as the night goes on? Almost every South American show we've had to go searching just to find the selist. The point of these threads is ease of finding info on the show.

I agree it would be great if a mod could at least ad them to first post during the night or the am :)

I agree it would be great if a mod could at least ad them to first post during the night or the am :)

Agreed, it would save time scanning through multiple pages of random

(sometimes) comments :)

Or as Powerage5 said..."Can we please have people make these topics that will update the first post as the night goes on?"

It makes the most sense.

If someone is going to make an "OFFICIAL" concert thread...take charge of it.

Or as Powerage5 said..."Can we please have people make these topics that will update the first post as the night goes on?"

It makes the most sense.

I mean, it seems pretty obvious. I don't like to "name names", but Manets has made almost every single thread and magically disappears once he's made the topic. For almost every show, a mod has edited in the info, pics, etc. the next day.

It makes the most sense.

I mean, it seems pretty obvious. I don't like to "name names", but Manets has made almost every single thread and magically disappears once he's made the topic. For almost every show, a mod has edited in the info, pics, etc. the next day.

Completely agreed.

Set-list, pictures, should all be included in the first post. Zint is right also, TAKE CHARGE. I still don't even know the setlist from this gig.

I had a BLAST last night!!!!!

It was so fucking amazing, I can't even begin to describe it. Best night of my life. I was there, just a couple of metres away from the stage and I think about it and I don't believe it, it seemed like it was all a dream. It was so absolutely mindblowing. Here are some things I remember I want to share, both bad and good:

- Doors (at least for people with tickets for Campo A and B ) didn't open up until 9 PM. And they said they were going to be opened at 5 so we kinda started with the wrong foot.

- First opener Vendetta wasn't good at all - The girl started singing and the mic didn't work, and she sang like almost an entire song without knowing that. So we started yelling, "no se escucha!, no se escucha!" which means something like, "we can't hear!, we can't hear!", she heard us, stopped the song and the guitarist (a pretty hot blondie lol) left the stage really pissed off. Who does she think she is, Axl?, anyway I guess she was right, that must be pretty frustrating. They came back and performed 3 or 4 songs but man did that microphone cause them problems. Those songs weren't that good either. I don't know, not my style. Second opener Reytoro blew me away, I think people here would like them. I was talking to a guy there who told me those guys need to record in the USA or something, because the only problem with them are their records, they don't have good sound quality. But if they recorded with good equipment in a good studio, it would sound awesome.

- At around 10:30 PM Vendetta's singer told the crowd that Axl was STILL in Brazil. Short afterwards, we saw a little plane flight over the stadium and we started shouting "Axl, Axl, Axl!!!". We were SURE he was on that jet.

- Sebastian Bach (one of the greatest frontmen EVER, seriously) said he thought the crowd in Brazil was the best he saw in his life, but he gave the title to the uruguayan crowd now. Yeah, people went absolutely NUTS, including myself. Loud chants like "Sebastian, sebastian, sebastian!", and "uruguay, uruguay, uruguay!" blew him away. We were so tired after Bach ended, I was wondering how I was going to keep up the pace with the GN'R show. We really know how to go crazy. Anyway, Bach was AMAZING. I sang "Stuck Inside" and "Back in the Saddle" so loud I lost my voice. Of course, "18 and Life", "Monkey Business" and "I Remember You" were the highlights.

- People were thirsty. Really thirsty. And THEY DIDN'T SELL WATER AT THE SHOW. They just sold coke in little plastic glasses and it costed $50 uruguayan pesos each, that means 2,50 USD EACH GLASS! what a rip off. Anyway, there in Campo A (in front of the stage) some crew members gave out a couple of bottles of water to the crowd (I saw two, I was more or less in the third row -that can't be calculated-) and I couldn't reach them, they were absolutely destroyed within seconds, people almost eat them. And, well, all I'll say is that if there was to be a deathly riot that night, it would've been because of the lack of water and those bottles. People wanted them.

- I saw a young guy there with a 4 or 5 year old with him. There, in Campo. I don't know how the kid managed to stay alive in that amazing pogo. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogo_(dance)

- The GN'R show was absolutely fantastic. Best I ever saw, period. And like I said, it was probably the best night of my life. But, by the 15th song or so I was completely exhausted. And that wasn't just me. I jumped and sang so much I couldn't take it anymore. I needed air, I needed water. But I managed to stay alive and enjoy, and take a breath during songs like "November Rain" and "Patience". And I was so glad they played gems from Chi Dem like "Madagascar" and "This I Love". Only thing I disliked: Axl didn't talk to the crowd at all. He just said "thank you" a couple of times, "gracias" in spanish one time, and "we will see you again" at the end. He smiled several times too, I think he was happy with us. And I don't exactly know why he looked so angry during "Sorry" either, but it seemed to me it was all part of the performance.

- I didn't record any videos, I just went there to enjoy myself but I'm looking forward to some (I think I recognized right in front of me a forum member, one who took pics with some guys from the band and posted them here, I think he filmed the whole thing from beginning to end, he didn't let go off the camera). So we might have those. Please share!!!! I want everyone here to see the videos, and see how uruguayan crowd is.... one of the best without a doubt. We are fucking lunatics. Although by the last two songs we were all really, really tired. But Paradise City brought us all back to LIFE.

- I met some really cool people, including a fan from Argentina (who was also going to the show there and the one in Chile) and two other great guys while we were in the hotel waiting for the band to show up there (never happened). We went together to the show but unfortunately we were all in different places. While we were waiting on the line, we decided with the argentinan guy to meet on the stairs of the park in front of the stadium after the show, so we could go to the hotel. I went there, waited, everyone left the venue and he never showed up so I took a taxi and went home (I spent like 30 mins lookin for one). The show ended more or less at 4 A.M. so I guess he was really tired and had to leave the country, I get that. It's a shame I couldn't meet with the other two other guys (they were going to the hotel too), but I couldn't even walk and believe me, it was a long walk to the hotel. There weren't many buses and I had the exact amount of money to get home. So I lost touch with them, as we forgot to exchange mobile numbers and that SUCKS because they were great. I also met a girl and her brother there at the show, they were really cool. GN'R fans are just radically cool.

- That same girl told me that Radio Futura, a great uruguayan radio, broadcasted the whole show. A high quality radio broadcast, you know what that means! I truly, truly hope someone somewhere recorded this and is willing to share. I'm completely sure this is true, it has happened with other shows (they even broadcasted the Rolling Stones live from Argentina), so you know..... please! I'll begin my investigation.

- My body really hurts now. I had breakfast and it hurts swallowing! But I don't give a DAMN, this was unforgettable.

EDIT

- I've been reading on the news that there were sound problems and people couldn't hear well in some locations of the stadium. But I want to clear up I didn't hear anybody complaining about that after the show, and from where I was it sounded BAD ASS. And the fireworks, man, they were SO GOOD and such an excellent add to the epic GN'R music. Please do come back.

Edited by ruben122

I had a BLAST last night!!!!!

It was so fucking amazing, I can't even begin to describe it. Best night of my life. I was there, just a couple of metres away from the stage and I think about it and I don't believe it, it seemed like it was all a dream. It was so absolutely mindblowing. Here are some things I remember I want to share, both bad and good:

- Doors (at least for people with tickets for Campo A and B ) didn't open up until 9 PM. And they said they were going to be opened at 5 so we kinda started with the wrong foot.

- First opener Vendetta wasn't good at all - The girl started singing and the mic didn't work, and she sang like almost an entire song without knowing that. So we started yelling, "no se escucha!, no se escucha!" which means something like, "we can't hear!, we can't hear!", she heard us, stopped the song and the guitarist (a pretty hot blondie lol) left the stage really pissed off. Who does she think she is, Axl?, anyway I guess she was right, that must be pretty frustrating. They came back and performed 3 or 4 songs but man did that microphone cause them problems. Those songs weren't that good either. I don't know, not my style. Second opener Reytoro blew me away, I think people here would like them. I was talking to a guy there who told me those guys need to record in the USA or something, because the only problem with them are their records, they don't have good sound quality. But if they recorded with good equipment in a good studio, it would sound awesome.

- At around 10:30 PM Vendetta's singer told the crowd that Axl was STILL in Brazil. Short afterwards, we saw a little plane flight over the stadium and we started shouting "Axl, Axl, Axl!!!". We are SURE he was on that jet.

- Sebastian Bach (one of the greatest frontmen EVER, seriously) said he thought the crowd in Brazil was the best he saw in his life, but he gave the title to the uruguayan crowd now. Yeah, people went absolutely NUTS, including myself. Loud chants like "Sebastian, sebastian, sebastian!", and "uruguay, uruguay, uruguay!" blew him away. We are so tired after Bach ended, I was wondering how I was going to keep up the pace with the GN'R show. We really know how to go crazy. Anyway, Bach was AMAZING. I sang "Stuck Inside" and "Back in the Saddle" so loud I lost my voice. Of course, "18 and Life", "Monkey Business" and "I Remember You" were the highlights.

- People were thirsty. Really thirsty. And THEY DIDN'T SELL WATER AT THE SHOW. They just sold coke in little plastic glasses and it costed $50 uruguayan pesos each, that means 2,50 USD EACH GLASS! what a rip off. Anyway, there in Campo A (in front of the stage) some crew members gave out a couple of bottles of water to the crowd (I saw two, I was more or less in the third row -that can't be calculated-) and I couldn't reach them, they were absolutely destroyed within seconds, people almost eat them. And, well, all I'll say is that if there was to be a deathly riot that night, it would've been because of the lack of water and those bottles. People wanted them.

- I saw a young guy there with a 4 or 5 year old with him. There, in Campo. I don't know how the kid managed to stay alive in that amazing pogo. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pogo_(dance)

- The GN'R show was absolutely fantastic. Best I ever saw, period. And like I said, it was probably the best night of my life. But, by the 15th song or so I was completely exhausted. And that wasn't just me. I jumped and sang so much I couldn't take it anymore. I needed air, I needed water. But I managed to stay alive and enjoy, and take a breath during songs like "November Rain" and "Patience". And I was so glad they played gems from Chi Dem like "Madagascar" and "This I Love". Only thing I disliked: Axl didn't talk to the crowd at all. He just said "thank you" a couple of times, "gracias" in spanish one time, and "we will see you again" at the end. He smiled several times too, I think he was happy with us. And I don't exactly know why he looked so angry during "Sorry" either, but it seemed to me it was all part of the performance.

- I didn't record any videos, I just went there to enjoy myself but I'm looking forward to some (I think I recognized right in front of me a forum member, one who took pics with some guys from the band and posted them here, I think he filmed the whole thing from beginning to end, he didn't let go off the camera). So we might have those. Please share!!!! I want everyone here to see the videos, and see how uruguayan crowd is.... one of the best without a doubt. We are fucking lunatics. Although by the last two songs we were all really, really tired. But Paradise City brought us all back to LIFE.

- I met some really cool people, including a fan from Argentina (who was also going to the show there and the one in Chile) and two other great guys while we were in the hotel waiting for the band to show up there (never happened). We went together to the show but unfortunately we were all in different places. While we were waiting on the line, we decided with the argentinan guy to meet on the stairs of the park in front of the stadium after the show, so we could go to the hotel. I went there, waited, everyone left the venue and he never showed up so I took a taxi and went home. The show ended more or less at 4 A.M. so I guess he was really tired and had to leave the country, I get that. It's a shame I couldn't meet with the other two other guys (they were going to the hotel too), but I couldn't even walk and believe me, it was a long walk to the hotel. So I lost touch with them, as we forgot to exchange mobile numbers and that SUCKS because they were great. I also met a girl and her brother there at the show, they were really cool. GN'R fans are just radically cool.

- That same girl told me that Radio Futura, a great uruguayan radio, broadcasted the whole show. A high quality radio broadcast, you know what that means! I truly, truly hope someone somewhere recorded this and is willing to share. I'm completely sure this is true, it has happened with other shows (they even broadcasted the Rolling Stones live from Argentina), so you know..... please! I will begin my investigation.

- My body really hurts now. I had breakfast and it hurts swallowing! But I don't give a DAMN, this was unforgettable.

Amazing. 1 week ago I was like you. I hope we get to see this recording, keep us updated :thumbsup:

Ruben, thank you very, very much! Now we have an idea of what insanity was going on over there in Montevideo. The best possible reason for the abrupt silence: rock3

They really should deal with the thirst problem in these venues. I don't want them to sell tiny portions coke at outrageous prices while people one day might actually end up dying from thirst in there! Either greed or thoughtlessness - I don't care. They should hand out water XXL-bottle-wise during these packed concerts!

Ok....how can i describe my emotions? How can i tell you how great was, how emotional was... No, i cant. Im not Axl Rose. The reviews from here were pretty accurate. Ruben, i share 100% your review, i make mine your words. So, today i started to look my pcs and video and starting to cry! Man, i had to turn off the camera. I dont know what happens to me. One thing is sure, yesterday Axl change my life. Sorry folks, i still shocked...sorry