THE SANTIAGO UPDATE THREAD - March, 20th

Mike Honcho

19 songs is kind of weak considering what people paid for tickets to these shows. Considering how much this area of the world loves GNR (and that these shows are averaging alot more fans per show than anywhere else he's playing) I was expecting maybe some surprises or bigger setlists like December's shows, but Axl doesn't seem much in the mood to go above and beyond the bare minimum on his end.

I`m NOT reading this. :crazy:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to compare but, here a a couple of other shows I attended:

VR Air Canada Center: 15 songs YUP

Metallica Skydome: 16 songs YUP

VR Copps Colisium: 16 songs YUP

I could post many many more shows, those were random from what I can see of my tickets on my wall from where I sit

I paid for those shows, did anyone hear me screaming shitty setlists?? No, why I was entertained, and that is why you buy a ticket

Edited by gunsguy

You guys can call me a cupcake all you want. I was kind of hoping this leg of the tour might bring us some rarities given the passionate, huge crowd sizes as an inspiration. It is pretty clear that is not going to happen at this point I think.

I would also like to see them tour the states (I saw them 3 times in 06) but, if he brings the same act over here, (18-20 songs a night with only 2 more CD songs a night than he was playing in 06 before the album even came out) it is not going to do much to fire up the masses given these setlists are only 3-4 songs different than what we got in 06.

I would gladly pay to see the shows that they have been putting on for the rest of the world over here in the US. 19 songs sounds wonderful to me! I am sure the good people of Chile were entertained and satisfied with their dose of Guns N' Roses chaos. I know I would be!

I could post many many more shows, those were random from what I can see of my tickets on my wall from where I sit

I paid for those shows, did anyone hear me screaming shitty setlists?? No, why I was entertained, and that is why you buy a ticket

No one is talking about VR first of all, and second of all tickets for VR concerts were half the price of the average going rate of a GNR concert. At least as a fan my expectations for shows are different when I pay $30-40 a show ($35 for VR in 07) vs. $70-80 (which is what I paid for GNR in 06 if I remember correctly). That's just me though.

I think at this point Axl has figured out what he can perform the best vocally. Once again, as in '06, TWAT has disappeared from the setlist as well as a few others (Prostitute, Catcher In The Rye). I think another problem is that there is a lack of rockin' songs on the new album so the crowd will only deal with so many mid tempo songs/ballads.

Before I get called a hater CD stays in my car and iPod and I listen to it constantly, it is one of my favorite albums of all time.

People expect/want Pearl Jam type shows out of Axl N' Co. They set the bar really high at the start of the tour with the 3 hour plus shows. When you look at tonight's setlist for example: They only played 3 songs that they weren't playing back in 06/07. Of course people who follow these shows online are going to bitch. They follow these shows online in anticipation of some momentous setlist, and when it doesn't happen, they are left disappointed and feeling like they've wasted their time; which they have! If they were actually at the show though they would have had a great time.

Just came back from the venue. My head aches, I'm drunk, I'm tired, almost falling asleep... But there's one thing I am certain. Tonight show was one of the best fucking experiences in my whole life. I was totally blown away. I seriously can't find the words to describe it properly, maybe because I can't ever listen to myself thinking... I'll review the show tomorrow, I need some sleep.

And for the people complaining about the setlist or anything...

LOL SLASH

:lol:

Edited by Mike Honcho

How many times do I have to say this, they do not play to please the fan behind the computer, they play to please the crowd and judging from what people, who attended the show (key part there), have been saying, the band are doing just that.

Cant wait to see some pics and videos :D

19 songs is kind of weak considering what people paid for tickets to these shows. Considering how much this area of the world loves GNR (and that these shows are averaging alot more fans per show than anywhere else he's playing) I was expecting maybe some surprises or bigger setlists like December's shows, but Axl doesn't seem much in the mood to go above and beyond the bare minimum on his end.

19 songs is fucking great for all the G N' R fans in Chile who never had the chance to see them performing live before.

Just came back from the venue. My head aches, I'm drunk, I'm tired, almost falling asleep... But there's one thing I am certain. Tonight show was one of the best fucking experiences in my whole life. I was totally blown away. I seriously can't find the words to describe it properly, maybe because I can't ever listen to myself thinking... I'll review the show tomorrow, I need some sleep.

How was Axl's interaction with the audience?

How many times do I have to say this, they do not play to please the fan behind the computer, they play to please the crowd and judging from what people, who attended the show (key part there), have been saying, the band are doing just that.

Cant wait to see some pics and videos :D

People expect/want Pearl Jam type shows out of Axl N' Co. They set the bar really high at the start of the tour with the 3 hour plus shows. When you look at tonight's setlist for example: They only played 3 songs that they weren't playing back in 06/07. Of course people who follow these shows online are going to bitch. They follow these shows online in anticipation of some momentous setlist, and when it doesn't happen, they are left disappointed and feeling like they've wasted their time; which they have! If they were actually at the show though they would have had a great time.

Fuck there are a lot of bitch's on here (not the people I'm quoting :tongue2: )

I have been to a fucking shitload of concerts, only GNR and a couple other bands stand out from the rest. How many bands these days still use pyro or other stage props like that? Only a few. I'm not sure some people on here know how much work actually goes into organizing/ setting up concerts like these. With the exeption of Pearl Jam (God bless them :thumbsup: ) a 17 song set list is a solid concert and a lot of the time GNR goes that extra length and plays a few more than that. There are a few people on here who just don't know a good rock concert when they see one.

Edited by Vogstar90_G'N'R

Am I mistaken or do I read from everyone who has attended one of this tours live concert something like: "I had the best time of my life!" --? I cannot imagine all these people being virgins, so it must mean: GNR live concerts are better than sex! :xmasssanta: