THE SANTIAGO UPDATE THREAD - March, 20th

Mike Honcho

Ok, I'm just going to admit it. I am jealous. I couldn't afford to go to the show and I am damned jealous, but I am happy as hell for the ones that did get to go! Now, I want to hear from the ones who were actually there. How was it? Axl's voice? DJ's guitar? Bumble's playing? I am so jealous of you guys!!

Hidden in the sticky tape battle part of the last pages is this review.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said that I thought the setlist was short, I never criticized the band or anyone who said they had a great time.

The biggest problem is that the people who really cares about the short set, are the one who weren't there.

I dont get that line of thinking. You didnt have to be there to have an opinion. Lots of people werent around when original Guns were a real band, not employees, wrote and played their own material not cover someone elses, and ruled the world, yet plenty of people voice their opinions on the topic.

Its good the couple of members who post here enjoyed the show. What was attendance, 50,000? Whos to say the other 49, 996 people didn't leave feeling slightly disappointed? Even if you were at the show, you cant speak for everyone there.

What a logical post so of course prepare to be flamed.

That's pretty funny coming from you. That first paragraph in particular.

Edited by LightningBolt

Ok, I'm just going to admit it. I am jealous. I couldn't afford to go to the show and I am damned jealous, but I am happy as hell for the ones that did get to go! Now, I want to hear from the ones who were actually there. How was it? Axl's voice? DJ's guitar? Bumble's playing? I am so jealous of you guys!!

There's a fine line here. There's a difference between being jealous of those who went and being jealous because they went. Either scenario, it isn't fair to criticize the fans, band or setlist because of it. I know how ya feel tho.

I was trying to lighten the mood and bring us back on the topic of the show without saying "Back on topic, folks!", lol. Anyway, I am really happy for the people who have had the pleasure of seeing Guns N' Roses live so far and I hope that I am in the group that will be seeing them in the near future. Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!! Oh, and....HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING!!

If ya want attention go find it somewhere else. All you've done is piss off everyone in the forum that cares about the fans. Don't patronize me or think, for one second, that you know who I am. Or think I'm scared of breaking the rules. Why don't ya go to Eric what I said to you. Can't wait til he replies to ya. LOL! Don't fuck with thos ya don't know. Take it for what it's worth. As for the insults, or as you say Axlisms... I won't call ya anything else, cuz ya truly don't deserve the recognition. 4500 posts of shit spewing. Makes sense now!

I have no clue who you are other than you claim to have stalked Axl at the recording studio.Unless you are an employee where he records in which case that would be unprofessional. Wow, I'm jealous of your Forum connections :rolleyes:

Unless you are in GNR,you have to follow the same Forum rules as everyone else.

Again, I don't result to insults, I was just talking about the shows/setlists/ticket prices but it appears you can't do that.

I said that I thought the setlist was short, I never criticized the band or anyone who said they had a great time.

The biggest problem is that the people who really cares about the short set, are the one who weren't there.

I dont get that line of thinking. You didnt have to be there to have an opinion. Lots of people werent around when original Guns were a real band, not employees, wrote and played their own material not cover someone elses, and ruled the world, yet plenty of people voice their opinions on the topic.

Its good the couple of members who post here enjoyed the show. What was attendance, 50,000? Whos to say the other 49, 996 people didn't leave feeling slightly disappointed? Even if you were at the show, you cant speak for everyone there.

So,refute what that poster said . I'll wait.

Lemme give ya a bit of advice, whether ya want it or not. THINK b4 ya speak. Think of the other members ya might offend. I may be critical in my views but rest assured I always direct it at one person.I don't make comments to offend everyone. I make comments to make a point. You, unfortunately, didn't think before typing and blasted all the fans. As for who I am, keep guessing. It's irrelevant nonetheless. Flamed... You were scorched... Before the forum is done with ya. Expect 2 be burnt beyond any recognition! Buenos Aires get ready!!

Lemme give ya a bit of advice, whether ya want it or not. THINK b4 ya speak. Think of the other members ya might offend. I may be critical in my views but rest assured I always direct it at one person.I don't make comments to offend everyone. I make comments to make a point. You, unfortunately, didn't think before typing and blasted all the fans. As for who I am, keep guessing. It's irrelevant nonetheless. Flamed... You were scorched... Before the forum is done with ya. Expect 2 be burnt beyond any recognition! Buenos Aires get ready!!

I know you think you are Axl by parroting his Twitter posting style.

Are you Caram Castanzo? Rob Gardner? Dan Druff?

So I offended the Forum by saying I thought the set was short? Sound logic there,Broham :thumbsup: Show me where I "blasted" any fans? I'll wait.

I never said I was Axl. That is funny, really it is. You wish Axl would acknowledge you! Again, you don't know me. As for where? Just read the forum responses on the last 3 pages... It's not a matter of whether ya think u insulted the fans. It's a matter of whether they feel ya did.

Oh no... R U gonna tell on me? You jerkoff. You insult the entire fuckin' forum by what u say and you expect Eric to stick up for ya cuz you're a member that has been mistreated. SUCK IT!!!

You aren't on Twitter,Broham. Do you have to parrot everything Axl does? I do expect you to follow Forum rules., So far you have told me to fuck off and suck it. Anything other words of wisdom? How the fuck did I insult the forum? By saying I thought the set was short? :shrugs:

I'm not expressing any of my opinions on the argument right now but could you ever stop to think that you're pissing everyone off? I know it and you know it, all you're doing here is pissing people off. Shouldn't that fact alone be enough reason to stop posting in this thread the way you've been posting?

No,there are like 2 people in the thread who have some logic and can accept other opinions. Again,show what I said that was offensive other than I thought the set was short?

I agree and think that maybe some people should just ignore you because then they're pissing everyone off too. You're not insulting anyone but by saying you think there was a short set you're pissing mostly everybody off. If you wanna leave this world knowing that you pissed more people off than you made people happy (albeit on the internet) then so be it.

Even if you don't agree with how they're handling your opinions, to stop posting what you're posting would make you the better man. Being the older and more mature man (closer to 50, you said), you should try to be a role model to the younger folk on here.

Edited by ItsSuchACrimeUKnowItsJAKE

I know you think you are Axl by parroting his Twitter posting style.

Are you Caram Castanzo? Rob Gardner? Dan Druff?

So I offended the Forum by saying I thought the set was short? Sound logic there,Broham :thumbsup: Show me where I "blasted" any fans? I'll wait.

I never said I was Axl. That is funny, really it is. You wish Axl would acknowledge you! Again, you don't know me. As for where? Just read the forum responses on the last 3 pages... It's not a matter of whether ya think u insulted the fans. It's a matter of whether they feel ya did.

Hmm,so you have no examples of where I insulted a fan.As I thought. Fuck You/off (which you said to me) is an insult. Saying I thought the set was short is an opinion. Nice try,Brosef!

Keep talkin! Whatever helps ya think the forum forgives ya. Lay all the blame on me, it's cool. I feel sorry 4 u that ya dunno how to read. It is a growong problem, and I hope ya get the help u need. Could someone, be so kind, as 2 help him out?!

Keep talkin! Whatever helps ya think the forum forgives ya. Lay all the blame on me, it's cool. I feel sorry 4 u that ya dunno how to read. It is a growong problem, and I hope ya get the help u need. Could someone, be so kind, as 2 help him out?!

Just let it be, MicEffect. Those users are best ignored. Let him talk to himself, I'm sure your life time and energy is too precious to be wasted on endless, useless, self-repeating "discussion" spirals of this kind. :rolleyes:

I agree and think that maybe some people should just ignore you because then they're pissing everyone off too. You're not insulting anyone but by saying you think there was a short set you're pissing mostly everybody off. If you wanna leave this world knowing that you pissed more people off than you made people happy (albeit on the internet) then so be it.

Even if you don't agree with how they're handling your opinions, to stop posting what you're posting would make you the better man. Being the older and more mature man (closer to 50, you said), you should try to be a role model to the younger folk on here.

See,you were able to have an intelligent discussion without resulting to personal attacks. I guess some folks and I will just agree to disagree over the set list. Take another look at my profle pic, dude, I was kidding about being 50. Respect to you for not insulting me :thumbsup:

Now you speak for the whole Forum? :thumbsup: Get back to me when you can have an intelligent debate without the personal attacks/insults.

Yes, I am speaking for the forum. There's many members here that won't speak their mind. I am their voice. Maybe you should just listen, as opposed to talkin' Feel free to keep burying yourself. You have definitely made some enemies from what you have done. I'll let them bring it to your attention! It ain't my position to do so...

So,refute what that poster said . I'll wait.

That poster is right. But you saying this:

You didnt have to be there to have an opinion. Lots of people werent around when original Guns were a real band, not employees, wrote and played their own material not cover someone elses, and ruled the world, yet plenty of people voice their opinions on the topic.

You saying that has logic makes you look like a hypocrite since you brush off the opinions of those who weren't around daily.

Come on guys, head over to pm to fight with each other, Miceffect and I did so the other day, and instead of going back and forth we actually found a common ground in PM. This thread has turned to shit, not that my recommendations matter much but I am recommending action to be taken against users who continue to derail the topic at hand.

PM if you like to argue one on one which is what it seems here, everyone has a voice no one member takes that role btw...

thanks everyone for posting pics etc, I am looking forward to more reviews :)

Amen

Come on guys, head over to pm to fight with each other, Miceffect and I did so the other day, and instead of going back and forth we actually found a common ground in PM. This thread has turned to shit, not that my recommendations matter much but I am recommending action to be taken against users who continue to derail the topic at hand.

PM if you like to argue one on one which is what it seems here, everyone has a voice no one member takes that role btw...

thanks everyone for posting pics etc, I am looking forward to more reviews :)

I am most looking forward to Mike Honcho review of the show, it could even be here already but who would know?

sorry about posting this again, I messed something up when I posted it a few posts ago...

Edited by gunsguy

Is it possible that when the next show is discussed we can refrain from the following trends:

* Certain people acting as though you work for the band and your job is to clean up the forums or add a positive spin on everything regarding the tour.

* Accusing everyone of dissing the band when some of us just want to DISCUSS the setlists and shows or upcoming shows.

* lol slash remarks or anything that just takes up space/pages instead of adding to the conversation.

If you do not want to discuss the show stay out of the discussion. It is that simple and it needs to be said.