THE SANTIAGO UPDATE THREAD - March, 20th

Mike Honcho

I don't believe it.

Were you at the show?

No.

Did anybody who was at the show complain about it having been too short a show?

No.

So, what is the problem? It's like watching people having great sex and complain one of them is not doing it good enough in your opinion. :crazy:

P.S.: Sorry for me mentioning the s-word again. I'm getting old ... :xmasssanta:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the prices they are paying and the fact that there were what,50,000+ at a show,that is a short set. You can spin it all,you want,compare it to VR, make all the (off topic) LOL SLASH! comments but the set is short. Nobody is saying that those people aren't having a great time. However the amount of songs is lacking (not counting the solos/jams)

Come on.

Length is not a measure of how good a show is.

For the prices they are paying and the fact that there were what,50,000+ at a show,that is a short set. You can spin it all,you want,compare it to VR, make all the (off topic) LOL SLASH! comments but the set is short. Nobody is saying that those people aren't having a great time. However the amount of songs is lacking (not counting the solos/jams)

Come on.

I guess xGNRxSTARx only loves nice huge paintings and only reads good thick books.

Come on.

Who said it was? Listen if people think $200 American or whatever those tickets were,for an 17-18 songs show, is a fair price then more power to them. I'm not going to bring in Pearl Jam or other bands I see (who are as old as GNR yet regularly play) 3 hour plus shows.because that is as irrelevant as when someone posted VR's song list.

What hold on buddy!

People pay 200 bucks American to see new GNR play?? Fuck u should be pissed old man.

Wtf is up with that?

Anyway back on subject....

Why dont u ask the people who were at the show if it was worth there money?? Instead of your fucking a person like urself who wasnt there?

Edited by Lose Your Illusions

[Guns N' Roses Setlist:

1. Chinese Democracy
  2. Welcome to the Jungle
  3. It's So Easy
  4. Mr. Brownstone
  5. Sorry
  6. Better
  7. Richard Fortus Solo (James Bond Theme)
  8. Live and Let Die
  9. If the World
  10. Rocket Queen
  11. Dizzy Reed Solo
  12. Street of Dreams
  13. Jam/ You Could Be Mine
  14. DJ Ashba Solo (The Ballad of Death)
  15. Sweet Child O' Mine
  16. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
  17. Jam (Including The Number of the Beast and Master of Puppets riffs)/ Another Brick In the Wall
  18. November Rain
  19. Axl Piano Solo (Someone Saved My Life Tonight)
  20. November Rain
  21. Jam/ Bumblefoot Solo (Pink Panther Theme)
  22. Nightrain
    Encore:
  23. Madagascar
  24. Shackler's Revenge
  25. Patience
  26. Paradise City

How many times they've played November Rain?

:P

Listen if people think $200 American or whatever those tickets were,for an 17-18 songs show, is a fair price then more power to them. I'm not going to bring in Pearl Jam or other bands I see (who are as old as GNR yet regularly play) 3 hour plus shows.because that is as irrelevant as when someone posted VR's song list.

Well, according to the Chile concert guide tickets in Santiago were between 45.000 CLP (85 USD) and 23.000 CLP (43 USD). Where does you figure come from?

A bunch of the people jumping in to defend the set list length btw, got comp (free tix) seats due to their "forum/gnr "connections" It's a lot easier to say how awesome it was when you didn't pay.

That's an empty allegation. Who of those defending the show length in this forum had free tickets to the show? And how do you know?

Edited by Granny

I payed 500 reais (+/- 250 dollars) to the PREMIUM tickets! Tickets here are very, very expensive, and even with that price, they still sell out fucking huge venues!

GREAT! I hope you had the time of your life and it sounds like you did. I personally,wouldn't pay those prices for that amount of songs.

A bunch of the people jumping in to defend the set list length btw, got comp (free tix) seats due to their "forum/gnr "connections" It's a lot easier to say how awesome it was when you didn't pay.

Hey! This wasn't the concert I went. I went to the São Paulo one, last week, which had a pretty long setlist, and even if it had a setlist small, I wouldn't care. People who went to the concerts don't give a fuck about this, but some forum members like you are always bitching around.

Edited by ManetsBR

Listen if people think $200 American or whatever those tickets were,for an 17-18 songs show, is a fair price then more power to them. I'm not going to bring in Pearl Jam or other bands I see (who are as old as GNR yet regularly play) 3 hour plus shows.because that is as irrelevant as when someone posted VR's song list.

Well, according to the Chile concert guide tickets in Santiago were between 45.000 CLP (85 USD) and 23.000 CLP (43 USD). Where does you figure come from?

That's an empty allegation. Who of those defending the show length in this forum had free tickets to the show? And how do you know?

I don't know what shows were the most expensive.I stand corrected, I should have said they PROBABLY got free tickets to the shows . I think it's reasonable to assume that some people have built up a (online) relationship with GNR/Associates etc. over the years and some are given comps.

And so the question is where you at this show? How much did you pay for it?

I payed 500 reais (+/- 250 dollars) to the PREMIUM tickets! Tickets here are very, very expensive, and even with that price, they still sell out fucking huge venues!

GREAT! I hope you had the time of your life and it sounds like you did. I personally,wouldn't pay those prices for that amount of songs.

Hey! This wasn't the concert I went. I went to the São Paulo one, last week, which had a pretty long setlist, and even if it had a setlist small, I wouldn't care. People who went to the concerts don't give a fuck about this, but some internet assholes like you are always bitching around.

Here we have another guy who can't have a discussion without breaking forum rules and insulting people. Asshole? Nice,Broham :thumbsup:

Here we have another guy who can't stand don't bitching with the band for a day.

Excellent show.

First GNR show in my life.

At last I could see the band live!!!

Now I can die in peace.

Some thoughts about the show:

1. Wating 3 hours is not nice, specially when you are in front row, many people pushing, smoking and trying to get to the front fence.

2. Axl has it. Comparing 2002 Mickey mouse shows vs 2010 shows really indicates his voice is back again. It's clear he doesn't have the same lung capacity but he sings the same way as the 90's

3. He got pissed just before KOHD because the interpreter did not show up.

4. Ashba is a small guy but he has great stage presence. It's those kind of guys that have a great chemistry with the crowd and great charisma.

5. Nice to see fortus. Only that he overacts. Sometimes too worried to appear cool to fans, cameras and videos.

6. Bumblefoot is a low profile guy but great at guitar skills and very close to people. Nice guy. He is original in his behaviour.

7. Tommy is like axl's closest band member. He looked worried when axl got pissed. Seems to be the guy that tries to repair things when they get broken.

8. Axl seems to have 0 tolerance to frustration and 0 concsiousness to his own acts . I mean how can he be pissed because an interpreter did not show up in a couple of seconds knowing that he was late to the show around 3 hours?????

9. Comparing 2001 AXL (fat) and Braided Axl with strange clothes(2002) he really looks good now.

10. Here in Chile media complained about his voice. Personally I thought he sounded great.

11. It's funny and at the same time pitiful how fans only look at Axl when he is on stage without looking a guitar player that could be closer to the crowd. I think Slash compensated this in a way.

Bottom line, a band with virtues and defects but in the end, the best band for me.

Peace!

I don't know what shows were the most expensive.I stand corrected, I should have said they PROBABLY got free tickets to the shows . I think it's reasonable to assume that some people have built up a (online) relationship with GNR/Associates etc. over the years and some are given comps.

Where did I say I was at the show? In that case why not limit the thread to posters who were there? The majority of people posting in the thread weren't there. Again,show me where I am criticizing anyone who went to the show? Oh wait,I'm not. All I said was I personally wouldn't pay a lot of money for that short of a set.

Did I touch a nerve with the "comp tickets" comment? GG?

Dude. Just shut up. We all know the reason your bitching is cuz you couldn't afford to go. Excuses, excuses... Why be jealous of those who got the chance to attend. Is it really fair to ruin their perception of a great show. I dunno who pissed in your Corn Flakes, but just sit in the corner and eat em' up like a good boy! Then if ya still crave unnesscessary attention... Go FUCK yourself!!!

Edited by MicEffecT

All I said was I personally wouldn't pay a lot of money for that short of a set.

You find the sets too short? You wouldn't pay the money others paid to see this show? Fine. Don't buy a ticket then, don't go. So YOU continue to have NO reason to complain about the set length.

BUT - may I cite you again? Thank you.

A bunch of the people jumping in to defend the set list length btw, got comp (free tix) seats due to their "forum/gnr "connections" It's a lot easier to say how awesome it was when you didn't pay. ... Unlike you ,I can do it without resorting to personal attacks on people I don't know in real life.

You are attacking people you don't know in real life in a more sophisticated way instead, don't you? It's personal attacks nonetheless. Based on nothing but unfounded assumptions.

Dude. Just shut up. We all know the reason your bitching is cuz you couldn't afford to go. Excuses, excuses... Why be jealous of those who got the chance to attend. Is it really fair to ruin their perception of a great show. I dunno who pissed in your Corn Flakes, but just sit in the corner and eat em' up like a good boy! Then if ya still crave unnesscessary attention... Go FUCK yourself!!!

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::thumbsup:

Edit:

all this because I said that I thought the setlist was short,

No, all this because you really behave like an ill-mooded little boy who likes to spoil things for others because he can't have them himself.

Edited by Granny

I said that I thought the setlist was short, I never criticized the band or anyone who said they had a great time.

The biggest problem is that the people who really cares about the short set, are the one who weren't there.

Edited by ManetsBR

Guest Sweet Tooth

You find the sets too short? You wouldn't pay the money other paid to see this show? Fine. Don't buy a ticket then, don't go. So YOU continue to have NO reason to complain about the set length.

I've paid for plenty of GNR shows in the past,Broham,thanks.

Until you've been to one on this tour, :sleeper:

Edited by Sweet Tooth

Last comment to you in this thread: There is a difference between having dissenting opinions and uttering a dissenting opinion in a nasty, subtly insulting way. That's what (little) girls like to do. They keep bitching and provoking just at the very limit to where you would be able to proof their deviousness. And when the provoked person lashes out in the end, they present themselves as the innocent angel who hasn't done anything wrong and the one who has lashed out is the bad one.

So, MicEffect was quite right with your characterisation. Over and out. :rolleyes:

Where did I say I was at the show? In that case why not limit the thread to posters who were there? The majority of people posting in the thread weren't there. Again,show me where I am criticizing anyone who went to the show? Oh wait,I'm not. All I said was I personally wouldn't pay a lot of money for that short of a set.

Did I touch a nerve with the "comp tickets" comment? GG?

Dude. Just shut up. We all know the reason your bitching is cuz you couldn't afford to go. Excuses, excuses... Why be jealous of those who got the chance to attend. Is it really fair to ruin their perception of a great show. I dunno who pissed in your Corn Flakes, but just sit in the corner and eat em' up like a good boy!Then if ya still crave unnesscessary attention... Go FUCK yourself!!!

LOL@couldn't afford to go. The show was on the other side of the world,Broham but nice try. It's no surprise that a guy who claims to have met (stalked) Axl at a recording studio would jump in.

Again,all this because I said that I thought the setlist was short, I never criticized the band or anyone who said they had a great time.

LOL@Go fuck myself! I get warnings on here for lesser things but you openly tell a forum member to "go fuck himself" when I didn't insult you. Now that deserves a warning.

Oh no... R U gonna tell on me? You jerkoff. You insult the entire fuckin' forum by what u say and you expect Eric to stick up for ya cuz you're a member that has been mistreated. SUCK IT!!!

guys i agree with you its a whinge but for godsakes this forum sucks you say one negative thing and you all cry like big babies, the setlists are on the poor side, but the shows still seem to be kickin ass so its all good, some of you need to grow up a touch, how can you be fans if you cant have a balanced view,.

I said that I thought the setlist was short, I never criticized the band or anyone who said they had a great time.

The biggest problem is that the people who really cares about the short set, are the one who weren't there.

I dont get that line of thinking. You didnt have to be there to have an opinion. Lots of people werent around when original Guns were a real band, not employees, wrote and played their own material not cover someone elses, and ruled the world, yet plenty of people voice their opinions on the topic.

Its good the couple of members who post here enjoyed the show. What was attendance, 50,000? Whos to say the other 49, 996 people didn't leave feeling slightly disappointed? Even if you were at the show, you cant speak for everyone there.

If ya want attention go find it somewhere else. All you've done is piss off everyone in the forum that cares about the fans. Don't patronize me or think, for one second, that you know who I am. Or think I'm scared of breaking the rules. Why don't ya go to Eric what I said to you. Can't wait til he replies to ya. LOL! Don't fuck with thos ya don't know. Take it for what it's worth. As for the insults, or as you say Axlisms... I won't call ya anything else, cuz ya truly don't deserve the recognition. 4500 posts of shit spewing. Makes sense now!

Oh no... R U gonna tell on me? You jerkoff. You insult the entire fuckin' forum by what u say and you expect Eric to stick up for ya cuz you're a member that has been mistreated. SUCK IT!!!

You aren't on Twitter,Broham. Do you have to parrot everything Axl does? I do expect you to follow Forum rules., So far you have told me to fuck off and suck it. Anything other words of wisdom? How the fuck did I insult the forum? By saying I thought the set was short? :shrugs:

I'm not expressing any of my opinions on the argument right now but could you ever stop to think that you're pissing everyone off? I know it and you know it, all you're doing here is pissing people off. Shouldn't that fact alone be enough reason to stop posting in this thread the way you've been posting?

Edited by ItsSuchACrimeUKnowItsJAKE

Ok, I'm just going to admit it. I am jealous. I couldn't afford to go to the show and I am damned jealous, but I am happy as hell for the ones that did get to go! Now, I want to hear from the ones who were actually there. How was it? Axl's voice? DJ's guitar? Bumble's playing? I am so jealous of you guys!!