My favorite PUNK RAWK bands!

Subtle Signs

Guest Len B'stard
The Adverts

The Wonders don't care, we don't give a damn!! AMAAAZINGGG baanndddd!!!

I only know their debut, but damn, that's a great fuckin' album... the whole thing is just fantastic.

Yeah, crossing the sea is fuckin amazing. They only made one other album i think, i'm pretty sure actually. Horrendously overlooked band really. Have you got the original debut or the reissue?

The Adverts

I only know their debut, but damn, that's a great fuckin' album... the whole thing is just fantastic.

Yeah, crossing the sea is fuckin amazing. They only made one other album i think, i'm pretty sure actually. Horrendously overlooked band really. Have you got the original debut or the reissue?

The reissue with Gary Gilmore's Eyes (which is amazing). They released a second album in '79 called Cast of Thousands.

Guest Len B'stard
The Adverts

The reissue with Gary Gilmore's Eyes (which is amazing). They released a second album in '79 called Cast of Thousands.

Yeah thats why i asked cuz the original don't have GGE on it and thats one of their bestest songs.

The Adverts

My friend had the Gary Gilmore's Eye's single years ago,that's I found out about them...great band!

Dead Kennedys

Operation Ivy

Ramones

Dropkick Murphys

The Damned

Beastie Boys

Rancid

NoFx

Bad Brains

Anti-Nowhere League

Black Flag

The Misfits

Minor Threat

Johnny Thunders

New York Dolls

Loaded

Meat Puppets

Edited by Death Star

Some of the best punk bands of all time? Really..?

Because I was thinking more along the lines of say...

The Damned, Sham 69, Patti Smith, The Slits, Dropkick Murhpy's, The Germs, The Clash, Billy Bragg, Social Distortion, Stiff Little Fingers, Blondie, Minor Threat, Operation Ivy (and early Rancid to an extent...) , New York Dolls, Propagandhi, Flogging Molly, The Buzzcocks, Bad Brains, Leftover Crack, The Adicts, MDC, The Undertones, Souixie and the Banshee's, The Vibrators and The Exploited..

Classic punk rather than pop/punk (not a slight, punk with elements of pop is commercially successful and nice to listen to, I'd hardly call it purist though!)

Its all good though, punk is my favourite genre along with rap and blues B)

Edited by CashCulture&Violence

not sure all would fall under the "punk rawk" category but anyway in no particular order

ramones

dead boys

misfits

sex pistols

new york dolls

the stooges

rancid

ebba grön

the distillers

social distortion

rocket from the crypt

raised fist

tiger army

transplant

turbonegro

the replacements

I think the OP really wanted to discuss "tru punx"...whatever that means....a think it's a tag given to the wannabe bands to feign legitimacy of their copycat status??

But it seems to have turned into a discussion about the real deal.

Back on topic people! :)

Can't believe I forgot to list The Distillers....

.....nvm, back on topic, I like The Offspring... Do they count as 'punk rawk'??

They're fun and bouncy, and they sell records because they have money for guitar lessons and instruments that stay in tune so their music is better. [=

They also have one of the best songs ever....

[Wait For It]

WHY DON'T YOU GET A JOB?

Lovesit.

I think the OP really wanted to discuss "tru punx"...whatever that means....a think it's a tag given to the wannabe bands to feign legitimacy of their copycat status??

But it seems to have turned into a discussion about the real deal.

Back on topic people! :)

I'll stick to the actual punk discussion. :thumbsup: