Guns N Roses Management????

jacdaniel

I've always thought that Sharon Osbourne would be a good manager for GNR.

nah she should manage Slash - he and her husband have so much in common

They are both legends?

+ both like to be mocked in Guitar Hero as cartoon character , being on TV, doing stupid commercials, not to mention individual ways of selling out their legend status.

This should be enough for Axl to fire Doc. Hire Sharon!

How can he be fired if he never worked for him in the first place?

This is a chicken or the egg situation. I don't really like Doc anyway and Sharon fucking rocks. She egged Iron Maiden.

Edited by ITW 2012

Don't read too much into it. It's just media tryin' to start drama. If they didn't have a manager, they wouldn't be on tour.

this.

i would also bet that classic rock is not giving the full story here and our confusion is due to their article.

also, i don't understand how doc wouldn't be able to manage more than one band. i don't think it's uncommon for some managers to have multiple acts, is it? Didn't Merck M. manage both Guns AND Maiden at the same time, and perhaps others in addition?

I've always thought that Sharon Osbourne would be a good manager for GNR.

nah she should manage Slash - he and her husband have so much in common

They are both legends?

+ both like to be mocked in Guitar Hero as cartoon character , being on TV, doing stupid commercials, not to mention individual ways of selling out their legend status.

I concur :thumbsup: and both their wives keep their balls in their purses :lol:

Exactly. There's no need for a manager. Axl self manages for a long time. A music lawyer and a booking agent are sufficient to keep the ball rolling.

Axl is managing gnr, and he has been for the last 15 years or so.

I saw Doc the Minneapolis airport on the way home from the Edmonton and Calgary concerts in January. He went to watch them but that's because he's managing Sebastian Bach, I think. Perhaps they struck a deal there or had something tentative worked out but never signed. I met him while in the Chile's Too bar. I immediately recognized him and said hello.

I saw Doc the Minneapolis airport on the way home from the Edmonton and Calgary concerts in January. He went to watch them but that's because he's managing Sebastian Bach, I think. Perhaps they struck a deal there or had something tentative worked out but never signed. I met him while in the Chile's Too bar. I immediately recognized him and said hello.

I think this is the most likely scenario. They had some type of talk and tentative agreement that may not have been fully understood and communicated clearly by both parties.

Ali

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so Doc *is* managing them

from the general's twitter

good times at the craps table last nite!!! Axl,myself and our manager Doc all walked away winners!!!yahoo!!! lookin forward to tonight in pr

Bands make most of their money from touring and merchandise and apparently can take up to 15% cut of turnover..a lot of money. We only have 4 "official dates" for Europe so I wonder if GNR still has official and agreed management.

good times at the craps table last nite!!! Axl,myself and our manager Doc all walked away winners!!!yahoo!!! lookin forward to tonight in pr

Bands make most of their money from touring and merchandise and apparently can take up to 15% cut of turnover..a lot of money. We only have 4 "official dates" for Europe so I wonder if GNR still has official and agreed management.

If that number (15%), and their cache is really U$1.300.000, the band is making almost 3 million dollars with the Latin America tour, am I right?

If that number (15%), and their cache is really U$1.300.000, the band is making almost 3 million dollars with the Latin America tour, am I right?

Don't have info or evidence of tour logistics and figures with this band or any other. Anyone have any breakdowns?!? Bon Jovi. Mratliica are touring. I wonder how it works fro them?

Don't have real info or details on touring economics/logistics and management cuts but interesting though. Anyone ? How does it work for Metallica and Bon Jovi as they are touring right now? The longer the tour and number of venues the better.

I´d say yes, you are right. I think those numbers are right

I doubt we're going to find out contractual specifics regarding what cut Axl (the band) gets.

I doubt it's as high as the other bands you mentioned though for a variety of reasons. A few being currect level of popularity/touring success and I wouldn't be surprised if promoters get more for the risk of promoting a GNR concert that has a reputation of having live problems and late starts.

Edited by Johnny Utah