GnR covering Whole Lotta Rosie in 1987

AGS

The original was included in some rare b-sides. The Edmonton 2010 ROCKS!!! This was actually one of the performances that proved fans wrong sayin "his voice isn't as strong" They were OWNED!!!

The newer version is more intense!!!

Edited by MicEffecT

Great footage of New GnR - Thanks Argentina Roses - hadn't seen that before :) I gotta say I prefer the 2010 version. The band looked like they were having a great time playing it. Axl's voice was fuckin' superb! Nothing wrong with the older version though.

Old one. More organic and angst driven.

I like the older one because the general style is bluesier and grittier. Axl sounds like a booze-guzzlin' bluesman.

The new one's good, too, and shows off how his higher range has improved, but I'll always prefer that more bare-bones, gritty edge. To me, that was the essence of the old band.

No matter what anyone says, Axl kicks some serious ass on both of those versions.

Either way, Axl was obviously born a natural vocalist and blessed with an absurd amount of talent.

I think it's pretty apparent that the Gods most definitely did smile upon Mr. Axl.

The dude is 48 years old and still singing fucking amazingly.

I'm truly glad he's out there showing all the others, how it's supposed to be done.

There's plenty of so-called singer/vocalists out there, that are half of Axls age and they can't sing worth a shit.

They can't hold a candle to Axl and should hang their heads in shame and just fucking retire.

Their voices sucked to begin with and to add to that, there voices are already burned-out and shot to pieces.

I think those kind of guys are called, wanna-bes and posers.

I'd start naming names (Chad and Adam and many, many others) but, I'm sure that anyone with half an ear, could figure out who these idiots are.

Good for you Axl. Put them to shame please and thank you.

I'm sincerely glad that you're back man. :thumbsup:

Or putting it simply, they have the rock star attitude but not the talent to back it up.

I won't say any of them are wannabes or posers - if you think you can do a better job, feel free to give it a shot - but there's no short supply of people who lack originality and take chances that the recording industry loves marketing because they look a certain way. To me, there are rock stars and there are artists, but few are able to truly be both. It's a whole other league that few find themselves in. Rolling Stones? Nope. Rock band. The Beatles - yes. Rock band and artists. Aerosmith? Rock band... same with Bon Jovi. They just put music out and try to appeal to as many people as possible. Mostly about performance.

Van Halen - both rock stars and artists, if you're talking classic era. Rock band - Hagar era. Metallica - falls short of being artists, more rock star. AC/DC - rock band, and proud of it. GNR? Definitely both. A rock band doesn't normally do music on an epic scale the way they did and still do. Metallica might do long songs.

No matter what anyone says, Axl kicks some serious ass on both of those versions.

Either way, Axl was obviously born a natural vocalist and blessed with an absurd amount of talent.

I think it's pretty apparent that the Gods most definitely did smile upon Mr. Axl.

The dude is 48 years old and still singing fucking amazingly.

I'm truly glad he's out there showing all the others, how it's supposed to be done.

There's plenty of so-called singer/vocalists out there, that are half of Axls age and they can't sing worth a shit.

They can't hold a candle to Axl and should hang their heads in shame and just fucking retire.

Their voices sucked to begin with and to add to that, there voices are already burned-out and shot to pieces.

I think those kind of guys are called, wanna-bes and posers.

I'd start naming names (Chad and Adam and many, many others) but, I'm sure that anyone with half an ear, could figure out who these idiots are.

Good for you Axl. Put them to shame please and thank you.

I'm sincerely glad that you're back man. :thumbsup:

I think they're both better than AC/DC's:)

Eh? No way better than Bon Scott on the original but Axl comes very very close :) . Long time AC/DC fan and I have to say that he is better than Brian Johnson on this rock3

AC/DC and GNR should do the song together if they happen to be in the same area. Brian and Angus are VERY cool and would prob. do it if the logistics worked out.

Heard it said on an AC/DC forum that Brian Johnson made a remark about not being very appreciative of Axl's late starts and the effect that that kind of thing has on fans :( , so I doubt that it would happen. Axl and Slash and GNR old and new have been big fans of AC/DC. This i do know :)

Edited by The Archer