There's still some hope for "Estranged"

realpoti

Question by @EverythingZen on twitter: "ESTRANGED, you know everyone wants to hear it, right? I'm just sayin"

Answer: "I'm so down! Just gotta get the man onboard with that one. IMO, the quintessential Guns track"

Discuss.

Edited by marlon_brando15

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does Axl not want to play that song anyway?

Because it is the musical equivalent of Axl and Slash making sweet manlove together and producing John Lennon as a child from their holy union.

Well..... If Slash is in Axl's ass then what's the problem !?!?!?

Because it is the musical equivalent of Axl and Slash making sweet manlove together and producing John Lennon as a child from their holy union.

nice analogy but, its more like rape considering one did not like to play it?

nice analogy but, its more like rape considering one did not like to play it?

Can it with the propaganda - don't make me put you on ignore.

Question by @EverythingZen on twitter: "ESTRANGED, you know everyone wants to hear it, right? I'm just sayin"

Answer: "I'm so down! Just gotta get the man onboard with that one. IMO, the quintessential Guns track"

Discuss.

the full "twitter chat" its here

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=157169&st=1080

another quote, maybe we can hope it for the US tour?

So the man knows that everyone wants to hear it, right?

@EverythingZen the man knows all

Because he would be a hypocrite.

Why would playing Estranged make him a hypocrite

It wouldn't. That was an idiotic thing to say by Mr. Dre. It's an Axl song, clearly. It would be no more "hypocritical" for him to play that than it is for him to play "November Rain", another Axl song.

Ali

Edited by Ali

Guest King Of Spades

It's probably just really emotional. I feel like Don't Cry was an emotional song also thats why they don't play the full version especially with Mr. Hoon passed away (RIP).

Does anyone else think that Axl is "saving" the Illusions songs (Dust N' Bones, Don't Cry, Perfect Crime, Double Talkin' Jive, Dead Horse, Coma, Civil War, 14 Years, Yesterdays, Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive, So Fine, Estranged, etc. ) for in case there's ever a reunion?

Does anyone else think that Axl is "saving" the Illusions songs (Dust N' Bones, Don't Cry, Perfect Crime, Double Talkin' Jive, Dead Horse, Coma, Civil War, 14 Years, Yesterdays, Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive, So Fine, Estranged, etc. ) for in case there's ever a reunion?

Good point, but I doubt it. I think he just sing what he wants, when time is right for him. Remember 'Down On The Farm' in 2006 and 'Catcher' in 2009 ??

I've hoped it... But he doesn't sound like he really thinks in those terms.

Guest Sweet Tooth

If the other bandmembers have any sort of influence over Axl, they should be able to get him to play it.

Which concert do you think it should've/would be(en) played at? I was thinking Rio was the chance to play it, I can't see them playing it in the U.S.... that leaves somewhere in Europe..

That would contradict EVERYTHING Axl has said about playing with the old band again

Better question...why is everyone pushing so hard for them to play this song? It's like if they dont ever play it again people in here are gonna commit suicide..the band doesn't play it for good reason just leave it alone already

Better question...why is everyone pushing so hard for them to play this song? It's like if they dont ever play it again people in here are gonna commit suicide..the band doesn't play it for good reason just leave it alone already

What's the "good reason" know it all?

What reason ?

Because he would be a hypocrite.

Why would playing Estranged make him a hypocrite

That would contradict EVERYTHING Axl has said about playing with the old band again

Thank you Chris and John.

You two pretty much sum it up.

Edited by SunnyDRE