Slash discusses Axl and "Chinese Democracy"

Estranged Reality

The cancer remark show how classless that Axl really is. Slash's mom had just died of cancer and Axl uses that term to describe Slash. Definitely a low blow even for someone of Axl's ilk.

Axl's Cancer comment was in February 2009. Ola Hudson died (suddenly) 4 months later.

GNR-Fact Checker TM

Either way, I am sure that Axl knew Ola's situation and planned for his words to maximize the pain for Slash. No class!!

Slash, her own son, didn't even know about it until a month before she died so there is no way Axl would have known about it. Stop trying to spread shit, you sound like a sad individual.

Excuse the fuck out of me. Sorry that I don't have every little detail of Slash and Axl's lives memorized. I assumed that it was common knowledge that Slash's mom had cancer and that word would spread quickly because LA in some ways is just like a gossipy small town. You sound as classless as your boy Axl.

:o

You should have checked your facts before making assumptions about someone you don't even know.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The cancer remark show how classless that Axl really is. Slash's mom had just died of cancer and Axl uses that term to describe Slash. Definitely a low blow even for someone of Axl's ilk.

Axl's Cancer comment was in February 2009. Ola Hudson died (suddenly) 4 months later.

GNR-Fact Checker TM

Either way, I am sure that Axl knew Ola's situation and planned for his words to maximize the pain for Slash. No class!!

Slash, her own son, didn't even know about it until a month before she died so there is no way Axl would have known about it. Stop trying to spread shit, you sound like a sad individual.

Excuse the fuck out of me. Sorry that I don't have every little detail of Slash and Axl's lives memorized. I assumed that it was common knowledge that Slash's mom had cancer and that word would spread quickly because LA in some ways is just like a gossipy small town. You sound as classless as your boy Axl.

:o

You should have checked your facts before making assumptions about someone you don't even know.

I don't know how Axl would know Slash's mother had cancer. Axl and Slash hadn't talked to eachother in years. To be honest, I don't think the "cancer' comment was meant to be a personal stab to Slash and his family, I think it was more to shut down reunion rumors.

so her pointing out the truth makes you pissed? so you have to attack her personally?

truth is the truth hurts dont you agree?

She herself said it wasn't universal truth.

There are several things that make me believe slash is a liar. he denied having gone to Axl's house which finally turned out to be true, people made objections to what he said in his book (basically saying slash has lied in some parts), and I find really weird that he can keep talking about someone who called him a cancer and be cool with it, that makes me think of a commercial purpose... again it's my opinion, only the parties involved know the truth.. we can only speculate

I guess people that say stuff like that just think they're protecting and defending Axl against Slash and his 'motives', but they're not really doing that at all.

It's only a debate and no, I don't think Axl needs people to defend him (and if someone thinks he does, take a look @ my avatar)

I am sure that Slash has been called a lot worse than cancer over the course of his life. As I said earlier, I think Slash is making a run at getting GnR back together. To do this he will have to eat a certain amount of shit from Axl, i.e. the Cancer remark.

No, the cancer remark was made before slash's mom died,and she told nobody what she had. Axl's mom died of cancer in 1996, so let's stop the

wrong facts. I want to steal gunns remark at the end of his posts,I do not think Album is very good. :no:

Yeah,I'll knock off a phrase that isn't an insult while blatant "fuck you's" and things that are actually against Forum rules stay :thumbsup: Please show me where that phrase is considered an insult or against forum rules?

Yeah,it's really trolling, ya got me there :rolleyes: I offer constructive opinions not smiley faced posts.I don't post in threads to shit on them. My opinion may differ with popular sentiment in threads but that isn't trolling, Bro.

There are perfectly logical refutations to all of those things. PM me or another mod if you have concerns with this, because it doesn't belong in this topic, "bro."

Anyway, I agree that it's a good interview and it's cool that he liked Axl's album.

You mean GNR's album.

Yes!!! I second this :D

GNR-Fact Checker TM

someone just doesn't die from cancer within a few weeks of being diagnosed, it's a long suffering drawn out period.

then again, Axl probably didn't know about it. But still when you use grotesque destructive words like that, nothing good is going to come from them.

I thought the Slash interview was cool, the way he's humourously looking at matters is something to pick up on.

GNR-Fact Checker TM

someone just doesn't die from cancer within a few weeks of being diagnosed, it's a long suffering drawn out period.

then again, Axl probably didn't know about it. But still when you use grotesque destructive words like that, nothing good is going to come from them.

I thought the Slash interview was cool, the way he's humourously looking at matters is something to pick up on.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I know people who were diagnosed and they died a week or two later. I know others who beat it. It all depends on when you get diagnosed and if you receive any treatment.

GNR-Fact Checker TM

No axl is straightforward and may be outspoken but slash is an opportunistic Liar, and a spotlight lover,I have no respect for him anymore or his music.

I don't see why this needs to be in another forum. Slash will always be an integral part of Guns N' Roses. Even though he isn't an employee of Axl's. Hell, Axl plays more Slash influenced songs now than he does off his new album.

Because, as much as you love Sweet Child O' Mine, he's not in Guns N' Roses anymore. That's a fact.

I don't see why this needs to be in another forum. Slash will always be an integral part of Guns N' Roses. Even though he isn't an employee of Axl's. Hell, Axl plays more Slash influenced songs now than he does off his new album.

Because, as much as you love Sweet Child O' Mine, he's not in Guns N' Roses anymore. That's a fact.

Slash is in every single one of Guns N' Roses' videos.

Slash is in every single one of Guns N' Roses' videos.

Each of which was made more than 15 years ago. Slash isn't on the latest GNR album.

>>>Former Gunners

Slash isn't on the latest GNR album.

Neither is Ca$hba. Your point?

Currently touring as a member of the band "Guns N' Roses". Go home.

Did his job as the manager of Hot Topic not work out? Or did he save his vacation days for the tour?

Did his job as the manager of Hot Topic not work out? Or did he save his vacation days for the tour?

Cut this shit out, please and thank you.

Edited by Estranged Reality

and is doing wonderful job, surpassing $la$h in talent, and he does not have man-boobs when he takes his shirt off. Ashba>slash. :nod:

My GNR-Educator point of view:

Cool interview, brosef.

:thumbsup:

I hear that,Broham. I continue to think (as would most rational folks) that there is no conspiracy involved when Slash speaks about Axl. I don't think he is doing it to get publicity,etc. Slash just answers what is asked of him in these interviews.

exactly, people will always ask those questions because he was a big party of the biggest band in the early '90

So it's OK to bash Slash and spell his name with dollar signs but not Ashba? Why the double standard?

So it's OK to bash Slash and spell his name with dollar signs but not Ashba? Why the double standard?

Same reason I got warned for bashing Slash in the Former Gunners section.

It's the politically correct thing to do. Answer questions on Axl/his band/CD in a quick honest fashion, then go on to talk about stuff you are actually promoting and affiliated with. I'd suggest everyone drop the "insane conspiracy theories". He is not building up anticipation of a reunion, like some of you morons are implying. He is saying that he is not expecting a reunion to happen, ever, but that everything is possible.

How can anyone spin that to reunion talk? Get real, seriously.

It's the politically correct thing to do. Answer questions on Axl/his band/CD in a quick honest fashion, then go on to talk about stuff you are actually promoting and affiliated with. I'd suggest everyone drop the "insane conspiracy theories". He is not building up anticipation of a reunion, like some of you morons are implying. He is saying that he is not expecting a reunion to happen, ever, but that everything is possible.

How can anyone spin that to reunion talk? Get real, seriously.

You are correct. I don't think he is building anticipation but I do think he is trying to mend some fences with Axl.

and is doing wonderful job, surpassing $la$h in talent, and he does not have man-boobs when he takes his shirt off. Ashba>slash. :nod:

So far the best joke on this forum in 2010.

Name one thing (a song, solo or wathever) that, that men wrote wich I (or someone in general) knows...