Estranged Reality

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash isn't on the latest GNR album.

Neither is Ca$hba. Your point?

Currently touring as a member of the band "Guns N' Roses". Go home.

and is doing wonderful job, surpassing $la$h in talent, and he does not have man-boobs when he takes his shirt off. Ashba>slash. :nod:

So far the best joke on this forum in 2010.

Name one thing (a song, solo or wathever) that, that men wrote wich I (or someone in general) knows...

November Rain.

Some of you people are funny. Really.

Slash mentions Axl to get attention, but Axl mentions Slash because he's "setting the record straight"? Gimme a break. Axl's not an angel, niether is Slash. They're both pretty fucked up individuals, so making out that one is 'better' than the other is fucking stupid.

and is doing wonderful job, surpassing $la$h in talent, and he does not have man-boobs when he takes his shirt off. Ashba>slash. :nod:

Name one thing (a song, solo or wathever) that, that men wrote wich I (or someone in general) knows...

November Rain.

He meant Ashba.

November Rain.

He meant Ashba.

Oops.

Don't know what I was thinking. I guess I just associate saulhudson88 with Axl trolling and RocketKing with Axl glorifying and assumed he was talking about Axl?

As for Ashba, nah. He still sucks. Cool personality though.

Edited by bacardimayne

Jabroni - A loser, poser, lame-ass.

One who talks shit and does not back it up.

A fuckin 'tard.

Bill: "Hey Bob, you're a big pussy!"

Bob: "oh yeah, well..(breaks Bill's face in half)...who's the fuckin' pussy now you fuckin Jabroni?!"

Damn Jabroni's, I'm always breaking my foot off in they asses.

I miss The Sopranos so bad.

God bless Paulie...

Paulie Walnuts: Lower your voice! I got neighbors!

Christopher Moltisanti: F**k your neighbors! When you gonna pay me?

Paulie Walnuts: When you suck the money outta my ass! Now get the f**k out!

From what I gather, reading many of Slash's recent comments, he seems to have found peace and a healthy perspective on his and Axl's relationship. Moreover, I gather that he wants to work with Axl again..in fact, he has implicitly indicated how much he would enjoy it, without saying it literally. I am probably unique as far as a Guns fan goes. I didn't get into the original band until 1991, as I was a die-hard alt. rock fan--into The Replacements, Janes, The Stone Roses, Joy Division, Massive Attack, The Pixies, Happy Monday's, and Dinosaur Jr. back in the day. I then discovered how brilliant GNR were with the Illusions, worked backwards through the catalog, and became an instant die-hard. When Tommy Stinson was announced as a new member, I went nuts, as he was already one of my favorite musicians. I have seen the new band over 25 times, and love em, and love CD. I also appreciate Duff, Izzy, and Slash's solo work---I did not dig VR as much as their solo work, but appreciate all of the musicians from the GN'R family tree, including Gilby.

was on txt msg talking with friends, just came back, Ashba did "Beautiful Creatues" and contributed greatly to Sixx AM, He does Slash's solos better than slash !!! heard it live :) He is a very good musician.

was on txt msg talking with friends, just came back, Ashba did "Beautiful Creatues" and contributed greatly to Sixx AM, He does Slash's solos better than slash !!! heard it live :) He is a very good musician.

Why would you post that?

I mean why do it if not to try and provoke an argument?

Im glad your friends enjoyed themselves but if they were having such a great time why even think about Slash?

LOL, that reminds me how in '01 people said Buckethead played Slash's solos better than Slash, then in '06 people were saying how Finck played them better <----that always made me laugh, now in '10 its DJ. Thats cool and all, Axl is paying his employees good $ to cover someone elses material, they should do a good job dontcha think. The one thing all those dudes have in common though.......... besides taking a paycheck.......... is that none have them have ever wriiten material as good as what they were paid to copy.

Why would you post that?

Im glad your friends enjoyed themselves but if they were having such a great time why even think about Slash?

No, have heard both and it's the truth, saw original lineup and prefer Ashba to Slash better musician imo, Why put the old members in this portion at all? Don't care what slash does, I'm a GNR fan! :)

Why would you post that?

No, have heard both and it's the truth, saw original lineup and prefer Ashba to Slash better musician imo, Why put the old members in this portion at all? Don't care what slash does, I'm a GNR fan! :)

It defies logic to say you're a GnR fan and not like Slash. No Slash: No GnR. Or, if you like, no Slash: no tunes for Hired Guns to play.

Why would you post that?

It defies logic to say you're a GnR fan and not like Slash. No Slash: No GnR. Or, if you like, no Slash: no tunes for Hired Guns to play.

You have already shown your lack of knowledge saying that Axl knew about

Slash's mom when he made cancer comment. I liked GNRs music when slash was in the band, but I have seen the new lineup recently and Ashba is better than Slash imo. Slash did not even want to play songs like Estranged or NR,

he plays one type of music and limits himself, I don't care for snakepit, or VR or what I've heard on his new Album. This is my opinion and nobody else need agree, just how I feel about it. :)

Why would you post that?

You have already shown your lack of knowledge saying that Axl knew about

Slash's mom when he made cancer comment. I liked GNRs music when slash was in the band, but I have seen the new lineup recently and Ashba is better than Slash imo. Slash did not even want to play songs like Estranged or NR,

he plays one type of music and limits himself, I don't care for snakepit, or VR or what I've heard on his new Album. This is my opinion and nobody else need agree, just how I feel about it. :)

I have more to do in my life than keep a GnR timeline in my head.

I have seen several versions of the band. From the original 5 up through the 02 line up. Slash, while in his prime, would destroy all of the others. He had presence and great chops. Bucket just had the chops. I grew to like Robin. From what I have seen of Bumble and cASHBAr they are OK. I guess my point is that it takes 2 to replace the one and only Slash.

I don't see why this needs to be in another forum. Slash will always be an integral part of Guns N' Roses. Even though he isn't an employee of Axl's. Hell, Axl plays more Slash influenced songs now than he does off his new album.

then why even have an "ex-members" section, or an "original lineup" section? Why not just merge everything into one giant section?

I assume those sections were created to discuss former members and past lineups. Why not use them for that purpose? many of us are tired of the Axl vs (insert former member here) arguments that come out of stuff like this.

then why even have an "ex-members" section, or an "original lineup" section? Why not just merge everything into one giant section?

Because those sections are for discussing those artists, and this section is for discussing stuff pertaining to Axl and GN'R.

When someone noteworthy talks about Axl - whether it's Tommy Hilfiger, Bret Michaels or a "former gunner" - it's relevant to this section of the forum.

If he hadn't discussed Axl in the interview, then it wouldn't be pertinent to post it here.

Of course, as stuff veers off topic (as this seems to be), then they often get locked or moved elsewhere.

Edited by Estranged Reality

Because those sections are for discussing those artists, and this section is for discussing stuff pertaining to Axl and GN'R.

When someone noteworthy talks about Axl - whether it's Tommy Hilfiger, Bret Michaels or a "former gunner" - it's relevant to this section of the forum.

If he hadn't discussed Axl in the interview, then it wouldn't be pertinent to post it here.

Of course, as stuff veers off topic (as this seems to be), then they often get locked or moved elsewhere.

That makes sense, but unfortunately any topic like this only ends up in one direction.

Funny how everyone Axl hires plays Slash's solos better than Slash, but not can come up with their own epic solos. How ridiculous.

The solos on TWAT, Sorry and If The World disagree with this statement.

Funny how everyone Axl hires plays Slash's solos better than Slash, but not can come up with their own epic solos. How ridiculous.

The solos on TWAT, Sorry and If The World disagree with this statement.

No, that's your opinion.

Its music. ALL of it is opinion.

People should be able to like what they like without getting harassed by the bitter stuck in the 80s crowd that cupcakes here.