Official Bergen, Norway may 31'st thread

-Sephiroth-

@Powerage

You GNR-Educated me there, Brosef. Wow, someone call CNN, they switched the order of a few songs! Whoop-dee-fucking-do. Maybe they threw in TIL instead of Shackler's. I hope all that changing up of the show doesn't take a toll on the band.

@GUNSGUY

So? We can't constructively criticize the set? Pearl Jam and Bruce Springsteen change up the set like crazy and that is why they have the attendances they do. NEWSFLASH-they are also doing it for themselves and to keep it fresh. Who thinks we are not on the Internet? I'll make a note that we are not to make comments about the setlist in a concert discussion thread :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Pretty lame for THE MOST DANGEROUS BAND IN THE WORLD.

Oh shut up. And quit using the word GNR-Educated. Nobody even know what that means, nor do we care. God, I would love for Axl to call you out, on here, and disown you for all of the shit talking that you do.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Powerage

You GNR-Educated me there, Brosef. Wow, someone call CNN, they switched the order of a few songs! Whoop-dee-fucking-do. Maybe they threw in TIL instead of Shackler's. I hope all that changing up of the show doesn't take a toll on the band.

@GUNSGUY

So? We can't constructively criticize the set? Pearl Jam and Bruce Springsteen change up the set like crazy and that is why they have the attendances they do. NEWSFLASH-they are also doing it for themselves and to keep it fresh. Who thinks we are not on the Internet? I'll make a note that we are not to make comments about the setlist in a concert discussion thread :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Pretty lame for THE MOST DANGEROUS BAND IN THE WORLD.

Sigh. Same old B.S. I've seen Pearl Jam live. Great show. But it wasn't three hours long, and the setlist was relatively predictable. The key difference - Pearl Jam does not have any many "hits" they feel obligated to play live, and have more albums to pull the "filler" songs from, thereby keeping hardcore fans happy. GN'R has Jungle, SCOM, YCBM, NR, PC, and arguably KOHD and LALD (both big singles even if they were covers) and even Nightrain and It's So Easy. That's half your set list right there.

Quit your crying.

Seeing them live, Pearl Jam played one or two songs off their new CD. GN'R played six tonight.

Quit your crying.

You're not happy in any thread regarding this lineup. It has nothing to do with the setlist tonight.

Quit your fucking crying already. What are you hoping to accomplish? There are lots of bands who play the EXACT same set the entire tour. I saw two shows in January and was very glad I did. Got TWAT one night, Catcher in the Rye the other, and I've now heard every song of CD live that I want to. Well worth the money.

There's saying "wow I wish they would play Don't Cry more than twice a tour" and "How about Estranged some day" - and then there's the endless negativity you contribute.

And this GNR-Educated crap that I've seen thrown around by you (and a few others) - get a fucking life. No one wants to educate you, they just want you to shut up about the same tired complaints already. You're making comparisons about shows you haven't even been to. Get off the computer once in a while.

@Powerage

@GUNSGUY

Not trying to be an educator, just making a point.

Totally off topic, but since your thread has probably disappeared into the abyss of page 10 of Anything Goes...did you have fun at Alice Cooper/Rob Zombie? And did your friend win?

@Powerage

@GUNSGUY

Not trying to be an educator, just making a point.

Totally off topic, but since your thread has probably disappeared into the abyss of page 10 of Anything Goes...did you have fun at Alice Cooper/Rob Zombie? And did your friend win?

It's all good. You are a pretty much quality poster that actually adds to discussions. I was waiting for you to make a review thread. She didn't win ( a heavy set girl did, I have my conspiracy theories, but I thank you guys for your votes) I had a blast at the concert and thought Cooper stole the show. You should make a review thread for it so we can post our thoughts :thumbsup:

I'm going to in the next day or so...I thought it was the best Cooper show I've seen of the 8 I've been to so far, but I enjoyed Rob a lot more than I thought I would.

Why they are using the old stage layout (2006/07)?

They're not dude, it's the same stage from what I can tell, the floor is anyway. Looks like those big screens might be missing though, hard to tell with pictures I've seen.

@Powerage

@GUNSGUY

Sigh. Same old B.S. I've seen Pearl Jam live. Great show. But it wasn't three hours long, and the setlist was relatively predictable. The key difference - Pearl Jam does not have any many "hits" they feel obligated to play live, and have more albums to pull the "filler" songs from, thereby keeping hardcore fans happy. GN'R has Jungle, SCOM, YCBM, NR, PC, and arguably KOHD and LALD (both big singles even if they were covers) and even Nightrain and It's So Easy. That's half your set list right there.

Quit your crying.

Seeing them live, Pearl Jam played one or two songs off their new CD. GN'R played six tonight.

Quit your crying.

You're not happy in any thread regarding this lineup. It has nothing to do with the setlist tonight.

Quit your fucking crying already. What are you hoping to accomplish? There are lots of bands who play the EXACT same set the entire tour. I saw two shows in January and was very glad I did. Got TWAT one night, Catcher in the Rye the other, and I've now heard every song of CD live that I want to. Well worth the money.

There's saying "wow I wish they would play Don't Cry more than twice a tour" and "How about Estranged some day" - and then there's the endless negativity you contribute.

And this GNR-Educated crap that I've seen thrown around by you (and a few others) - get a fucking life. No one wants to educate you, they just want you to shut up about the same tired complaints already. You're making comparisons about shows you haven't even been to. Get off the computer once in a while.

You are straight up confused if you think PJ don't have that many hits. I should post some recent long ass sets they played but I'll do that in MY WORLD if you are interested. My point is that since GNR ONLY HAVE FOUR FULL FUCKING ORIGINAL ALBUMS , they should be able to bust out songs on a moments notice but they don't. Coma? I see why that isn't played but not bothering to learn Dead Horse? Why not play Perfect Crime once in a blue moon? Shit, they probably aren't this sensitive about setlist discussion on the Yanni board. I'm sure the people who went tonight had a blast and God bless them. Again I will now refrain from discussing the setlist in the setlist thread for the MOST DANGEROUS BAND IN THE WORLD. Peace to you, Broham.

No pal, I'm not confused at all. Hits to the mainstream from Pearl Jam are basically Alive, Even Flow, Black, and Do the Evolution. The other one would be Jeremy which they refuse to play live. I grew up a Pearl Jam fan. When they stopped doing videos, they became this generation's Grateful Dead by the time Yield came out. Airplay for them was nil.

Oh, arguably their other hit would have been the Last Kiss cover, but people are NOT going to be upset at missing that they way someone going to a GN'R show would be over missing SCOM.

Yes they've played some long sets but they don't do it every night, just like GN'R doesn't. They also don't truck out a huge stage show with pyro etc. Pearl Jam is a massive jam fest really. They don't need to worry about timing song cues with fireballs. There's a lot you don't seem to understand about what goes into some of these productions.

Keep in mind that it's unlikely certain songs will be played based on who wrote them. You're not getting Coma, and you may not get some others. But to hear you complain about how you're spending 80$ a night is laughable, since you aren't going to shows. You want to bring up setlists? Fine, but like I said, there's constructive, and there's bitching.

I noticed you saw Alice Cooper/Rob Zombie - I hit the Toronto show on that tour. Decent show. I agree with you about Cooper stealing it.

Now, should I feel robbed because they played basically the same setlist in Buffalo the next night? Should I go on forums and bitch that they played the same set in another city?

Or should Buffalo feel robbed because Toronto got a second rendition of School's Out with Zombie/Cooper doing a duet and they didn't?

Or maybe, just maybe, the answer is - it only matters if you were actually at both shows. And even then, bands all have their reason for playing what they do - personal preference, production, length, wanting to push certain songs and win over fans, etc.

The number of bands that really mix the setlist up night after night are usually limited to bands with extensive catalogs and minimal production values. Pearl Jam is the exception, not the rule. They are awesome live. I'm sure Spingsteen is a similar taste. But what they bring to the table is very, very different, and in the end, listening to Black live, and listening to This I Love live are both very haunting experiences (in a good way).

They're not dude, it's the same stage from what I can tell, the floor is anyway. Looks like those big screens might be missing though, hard to tell with pictures I've seen.

It's the smaller set-up, with shorter ego ramps and a different lighting rig.

Yes, they are:

GunsRoses_169_648881b.jpg

31843_406228396906_694316906_4225617_1738897_n.jpg

I stand corrected, the drum/keyboard risers are definitely from '06. The rest is the '09-'10 small stage set up.

Yes, they are:

GunsRoses_169_648881b.jpg

31843_406228396906_694316906_4225617_1738897_n.jpg

I stand corrected, the drum/keyboard risers are definitely from '06. The rest is the '09-'10 small stage set up.

I'm pretty sure it's just the small stage set up, but whatever... looks fucking cool anyway! rock2

Guest Apollo

@Powerage

@GUNSGUY

He isn't saying that you can't criticize the band. It's just that you do it ALL THE TIME. It gets tiring. Seriously.

I'm 39 years old. I first heard GnR back when I was a junior in high school, when appetite just came out. At my school, only the metal heads were listening to them at the time. Much before they broke. I grew up on GnR. I still remember the first time I heard Illusions. My college radio station played the two complete albums. November Rain was the second song my wife and I danced to after the wedding at the after-party. So I'm not one of the "youngsters" that you seem to hate so much on this forum. GnR ARE my band. I listen to GnR more than I listen to all other bands combined. And I think it sucks the old band split up. I think it's bad that Axl has ran off so many people, that he has treated people poorly, that he is constantly in lawsuits with people, etc. I wish the old band would have put out a couple more albums. I wish that over the last 10 years Axl would have put out 3-4 more albums. BUT fuck-me dude, what is the point of coming to a GnR message board and posting negative after negative after negative after negative after negative post about Axl and the new band????? Do you think that Axl is reading the forum and feels bad when he reads your messages? I completely understand criticizing some of the things Axl does. But you do it almost on a daily basis ---- why????

To summarize, people aren't saying you shouldn't criticize Axl. They just get tired of you doing it every fucking post.

Whats the fucking full setlist, the first post should be updated with it, where is it?

Main Set:

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Welcome To The Jungle nachspiel

3. It's So Easy

4. Mr. Brownstone

*Richard Fortus Solo James Bond*

5. Live And Let Die

6. Sorry

7. This I Love

8. Rocket Queen

*Dizzy Reed Solo*

9. Street Of Dreams

10. You Could Be Mine

*DJ Ashba Solo*

11. Sweet Child O' Mine

*Axl Piano Solo Goodbye Yellow Brick Road*

12. November Rain

*Pink Panther THEME*

13. KOHD

14. Nightrain

Encores:

15. Madagascar

16. Better

17. Paradise City

SHOW END

Lame setlist imo. 2 hours waiting for this?? :lol:

Guest gunns5

its ok slashite , I wouldnt want you to paste it, after all you would probably only c+p Brownstone, ISE and sweet child :rolleyes::sleeper: