Official Bergen, Norway may 31'st thread

-Sephiroth-

Why they are using the old stage layout (2006/07)?

They're not dude, it's the same stage from what I can tell, the floor is anyway. Looks like those big screens might be missing though, hard to tell with pictures I've seen.

It's the smaller set-up, with shorter ego ramps and a different lighting rig.

When was the last time they did Shacklers?

Wasn't it a staple at the beginning of the tour?

Edited by Towelie

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its ok slashite , I wouldnt want you to paste it, after all you would probably only c+p Brownstone, ISE and sweet child :rolleyes::sleeper:

Were it not for Slash's songs, the place would be half empty as would the setlist. Quit bashing Slash, Axl isn't gonna see your posts and bring you backstage.

So fucking TRUE!!!!!

its ok slashite , I wouldnt want you to paste it, after all you would probably only c+p Brownstone, ISE and sweet child :rolleyes::sleeper:

Were it not for Slash's songs, the place would be half empty as would the setlist. Quit bashing Slash, Axl isn't gonna see your posts and bring you backstage.

So fucking TRUE!!!!!

lol

Slash's songs? So now they belong solely to him?

Edited by bacardimayne

So fucking TRUE!!!!!

lol

Slash's songs? So now they belong solely to him?

They're not only his songs, of course.

Okay. So this was crazy! Did you guys know that gnr rocks? :D

I was all prepeared for a long wait, so I didn't mind the late start. It had to be like that. Unfortunately the sound was a bit off in the start, mosnly on CD, but after that everything was okay. Axl sounded SO good, you who have yet to see them this tour will be blown away. The highlight was This I Love. I've never heard him go so in for it from the start. He just sang that song perfect, and DJ's solo was great. Hope they play that one again tomorrow. I think they did every song very well, people were singing with them on all of them. Not so much on the CD songs though, but that was expected.

Ron carried the rose I throw him with his mouth. That was amazing. He throw it back afterwards, but of course some girl right behind me grabbed it. My rose! I stood in front of Tommy, which was the best place ever. I'll go for that one again. He made all these funny poses all the time. Like a bird flying etc. He also smiled at me e few times when I sang his backround lines with him on CD songs. God, he's awesome. Chris seemed like he'd a lot fun, and I loved his outfit! Dizzy played this great piano solo. Everyone in the crowd seemed to appreciate it very much, and he'd this big smile when he was finish. Frank is an amazing drummer! And if there's a break of more than 10 seconds, he saved it with making up some beats. DJ and Axl were running all over the stage all the time, which was cool. And DJ was down on the floor for Nightrain, running in front of everyone.

Doh, Madagascar was fantastic. I'm happy they saved it for the encore, good second opener. And I met Hejanne and D.. from here, both such nice people! Later today I'm off to Oslo, can't wait for tomorrow. Don't know if I'll go that early queuing, as we sat alone for over 3 hours yesterday before anyone showed up. But I guess I'll go early, can't take the risk. I thought of make a poster with "There Was A Time" or "Tommy, please sing My Generation", as those are my biggest hopes. Tried to scream for TWAT, but no result. Oh well, more gigs to come :D

Here's a translation I recently did and put on AFD (http://gunsnroses.lefora.com/2010/05/31/may-31-2010-bergen-norway/#post5):

The concert organiser, Frank Nes from Bergen Live, apologises that the concert started two hours late, but blames everything on Axl Rose.

- It's well known that Guns N' Roses starts their concerts late so nobody should be surprised. (...) Still, it is sad when one man can make everyone wait.

- Everybody (else) [in the band] was ready to go on as scheduled. And I know Axl Rose could have if he wanted. But there's not much Bergen Live can do, although we tried to hasten the process. Of course we could have cancelled the show, but then the consequences would have been even greater.

He points out that the start time (9 pm) was set by management in Los Angeles a long time ago. They confirmed this starting time again just a few days ago.

- Of course we plan after this. Now we get lots of extra costs. Buses were hired to a set time. They had to wait for hours. We needed to employ many hundred people on over time. There is a lot of extra work.

- Guns N' Roses is not a profitable project for Bergen Live. So it is annoying when we get lots of extra work for nothing. Some concerts we earn money from, other we don't.

- We can stop inviting this type of artists. Fortunately, there are almost none of them left, those that don't give a shit and are unable to accept information.

Full text here:

http://www.ba.no/puls/musikk/konsert/storkonserter/article5140070.ece

I really hope Axl doesn't come on late at Reading, it wont end well for anyone involved. I remember back in 2008 when Slipknot and Avenged Sevenfold pulled out, they were both on the same day and Mindless Self Indulgence seemed to get lumbered with filling in the slot and the amount of shit that got thrown both physical and verbal was insane. We know Axl stops songs if anything hits him, he will be doing that almost every other song if he turns up late, lets not forget that most of the music world is against him and the new band so some stuff will probably be thrown regardless.

Anywho, back on topic, awesome to have these guys back again and I'm glad This I Love seems to be getting more action live. Bring on the youtube videos.

I really hope Axl doesn't come on late at Reading, it wont end well for anyone involved. I remember back in 2008 when Slipknot and Avenged Sevenfold pulled out, they were both on the same day and Mindless Self Indulgence seemed to get lumbered with filling in the slot and the amount of shit that got thrown both physical and verbal was insane. We know Axl stops songs if anything hits him, he will be doing that almost every other song if he turns up late, lets not forget that most of the music world is against him and the new band so some stuff will probably be thrown regardless.

Anywho, back on topic, awesome to have these guys back again and I'm glad This I Love seems to be getting more action live. Bring on the youtube videos.

It is strange because festival start times are usually between 8-9pm for the headliner which is earlier then normal venues yet in 06 he managed to be ontime for festivals and not late atall.

- It's well known that Guns N' Roses starts their concerts late so nobody should be surprised. (...)

Then stop bitching so much about it, fool.

yep but still they have to defend themselves for noob gunners

anyways theres no chance of axl being late at reading cuz the punishment for that is a thousand times bigger than a small venue like in bergen.

Main Set:

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Welcome To The Jungle nachspiel

3. It's So Easy

4. Mr. Brownstone

*Richard Fortus Solo James Bond*

5. Live And Let Die

6. Sorry

7. This I Love

8. Rocket Queen

*Dizzy Reed Solo*

9. Street Of Dreams

10. You Could Be Mine

*DJ Ashba Solo*

11. Sweet Child O' Mine

*Axl Piano Solo Goodbye Yellow Brick Road*

12. November Rain

*Pink Panther THEME*

13. KOHD

14. Nightrain

Encores:

15. Madagascar

16. Better

17. Paradise City

SHOW END

Great to see This I love in the setlist!

- It's well known that Guns N' Roses starts their concerts late so nobody should be surprised. (...)

I assume the organizer "bicthes" about it because they lose money on such egoistic behaviour.

Egoistic behavior?

The note you have translated says the start time was set by management a long time ago, so Bergen Live should blame the former manager not Axl, IMO.

I assume the organizer "bicthes" about it because they lose money on such egoistic behaviour.

Egoistic behavior?

The note you have translated says the start time was set by management a long time ago, so Bergen Live should blame the former manager not Axl, IMO.

It was Axl Rose that either didn't communicate to his management that he would not start at 9 pm but rather at 11 pm, or that failed to start at the scheduled time. The blame lies with Axl Rose, no one else. He had plenty of time to correct a false start time or to get his ass on stage on time.

GN'R get shit thrown at them everywhere, often without valid reasons. But Axl does NOTHING to get the non-believers over to his side.

Simply showing up on time could change a good deal of the perception, but he refuses.

Very frustrating for us, idiots who spend way too much time defending GN'R. And the band, who don't get the appreciation they deserve.

GN'R get shit thrown at them everywhere, often without valid reasons. But Axl does NOTHING to get the non-believers over to his side.

Simply showing up on time could change a good deal of the perception, but he refuses.

Very frustrating for us, idiots who spend way too much time defending GN'R. And the band, who don't get the appreciation they deserve.

Yes, nothing new in this. The reason I took the time to translate the article is the fact that the organiser points out that they lose money on GNR, and added costs from not delivering on time adds to their loss. Hence, they might not invite Guns N' Roses again (!). I find this rather interesting and discomforting. We might be okay with waiting for a few hours, we are die-hard fans and know about mr. Rose' eccentricities, but that's not worth two shits if organisers refuse to book the band.

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Welcome To The Jungle

3. It's So Easy

4. Mr. Brownstone

*Instrumental Jam*

5. Live And Let Die

6. Rocket Queen

axl slams the mic-stand in the floor in a true rock spirit. the band is delivering and the sound is right! :xmasssanta:

That's some Chinese Democracy promotion there :D

Wanker. You forgot to quote the whole setlist in which 6 CD songs were played. 6, as in 1 more than $lash is playing off his piece of shit album.

Go back to Former Gunners.

Guest gunns5

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Welcome To The Jungle

3. It's So Easy

4. Mr. Brownstone

*Instrumental Jam*

5. Live And Let Die

6. Rocket Queen

axl slams the mic-stand in the floor in a true rock spirit. the band is delivering and the sound is right! :xmasssanta:

That's some Chinese Democracy promotion there :D

Wanker. You forgot to quote the whole setlist in which 6 CD songs were played. 6, as in 1 more than $lash is playing off his piece of shit album.

Go back to Former Gunners.

just quoted incase he missed your post, +1 :xmasssanta:

yep but still they have to defend themselves for noob gunners

anyways theres no chance of axl being late at reading cuz the punishment for that is a thousand times bigger than a small venue like in bergen.

I hope you're right, but the same penalties surely applied at Leeds in 2002 and he didn't seem to care much then! rock3