Fucking Suits

ITW 2012

You guys do realize that Axl put some of his own money (reportedly a few million) into CD? Don't you think he has a right to be pissed about how things were handled? The record company didn't even respect him enough to release CD with the proper artwork.

Edited by ITW 2012

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys do realize that Axl put some of his own money (reportedly a few million) into CD?

Revisionist history.

Source?

Dude, I'm not fucking Clark Kent. It's common knowledge that Axl put his own money in to complete the album.

Edited by ITW 2012

You guys do realize that Axl put some of his own money (reportedly a few million) into CD? Don't you think he has a right to be pissed about how things were handled? The record company didn't even respect him enough to release CD with the proper artwork.

It was entirely Axl's fault he had to put his own money into finish the album. If he didn't have an album's worth of finished tracks to hand over after plowing through the original $13 million, then he has no one to blame but himself.

It was not unreasonable at all for the label to make him pay to get them a finished product because he was showing through his actions that there was no urgency/motivation to finish it when the blank check policy was in place. It obviously took having him share some of the cost burden to get him off his ass and into a studio to do what should have been done years previously which was stop being lazy and finish the album.

Why is the record company making things so difficult for Axl? They got their money back from Best Buy. I don't understand why they can't help Axl release and/or promote the music. The man still makes the best rock music out there and these clowns do nothing to help him. My theory is that they don't want him to do well because it'll make all the shit they normally peddle look bad.

You should be asking why is Axl making it hard for the record label. He took 10 years to put out the album, then when its finally released he does not promote the album.

They cannot force Axl to promote CD, Axl went into hiding after it was released. That is all on Axl

Why is the record company making things so difficult for Axl? They got their money back from Best Buy. I don't understand why they can't help Axl release and/or promote the music. The man still makes the best rock music out there and these clowns do nothing to help him. My theory is that they don't want him to do well because it'll make all the shit they normally peddle look bad.

You should be asking why is Axl making it hard for the record label. He took 10 years to put out the album, then when its finally released he does not promote the album.

They cannot force Axl to promote CD, Axl went into hiding after it was released. That is all on Axl

The labels are evil greedy SOBs, I don't think anyone can dispute that.

However, I do think it's odd that bands like Bon Jovi, Metallica, AC DC, Slash etc. have absolutely no problem getting the labels to release and promote their new music. Wonder why they're singling Axl out. :rolleyes:

Unless (gasp!) he is being a tad bit difficult. ;)

However, I do think it's odd that bands like Bon Jovi, Metallica, AC DC, Slash etc. have absolutely no problem getting the labels to release and promote their new music. Wonder why they're singling Axl out. :rolleyes:

Here's your answer:

Slash did his album independently

AC/DC puts out the same album every time

Bon Jovi is a slut who will do whatever it takes to remain popular with his large fan base of Cougars

Metallica is willing to go the AC/DC route and rehash their old material in order to keep everyone happy

Axl is a genuine artist who isn't willing to compromise his artistic vision for anyone

Edited by ITW 2012

Exactly, they were so greedy to axl they gave him about 13m to make CD and waited ten years for him to put it out *sarcasm*

Then you expect them to pay for the promotion of the album too when axl goes awol after its released? How any interviews did he hear Axl do BEFORE CD came out to promote it?

ZERO

How many interviews did he hear Axl do after CD came out to promote the album?

ZERO

The label promoted the album by getting it on myspace did they not? Then Axl did NOTHING with it.

Axl didnt even tour off the album, how is that the labels fault?

I love how Axl is never at fault here (not saying you btw)

Edited by gnr-dave

Exactly, they were so greedy to axl they gave him about 13m to make CD and waited ten years for him to put it out *sarcasm*

Then you expect them to pay for the promotion of the album too when axl goes awol after its released? How any interviews did he hear Axl do BEFORE CD came out to promote it?

ZERO

ZERO

The label promoted the album by getting it on myspace did they not? Then Axl did NOTHING with it.

The way Axl up and disappeared during its release was just mind blowingly odd. All the promotion in the world couldn't make up for the artist going completely AWOL. If I were a Geffen exec. I might be slightly hesitant to give Axl the money he wants for the next album. And this is coming from a fan who'd do pretty much anything to hear CD2. It's just reality.

Axl does not need money for the next album, it was made with CD. So unless he wants to add DJ, its done.

They could just release it, and would just need money for promotion. If Axl is actual going to tour and do interviews, then I could see the label promoting the album.

Since CD paid for the cost of three albums, the follow is basically gravy.

ZERO

ZERO

He did an interview with Del James and he came to the board and answered fan questions. So as usual Dave, you're wrong.

Don't you get tired of being so negative?

Oh and he's touring now, in support of that album.

Edited by axl8302

ZERO

ZERO

He did an interview with Del James and he came to the board and answered fan questions. I thought that was way cooler than appearing on jimmy fallon or some shit.

Those "chats" were not promotion, Only people on these boards saw them, and those were not the people you needed to sell albums, we were already going to buy it regardless.

How did those "chats" promote the album? They didnt. And how is it pointing out Axl did ZERO promoting being negative? Its called a FACT.

Yeah big deal he answered board members questions, how did that get people that dont read message boards to buy CD?

Oh thats right it didnt because they didnt even know about them.

Sure it was "cool" of Axl but it wasnt promotion of the album. Do you even know what promotion is? An example of promotion would be Axl doing a tour soon after the album drops or Axl doing a Kurt Loder or RS interview where it gets out into the mainstream.

Yeah Axl hiding behind is computer was really promoting this album. He didnt need to sell US on the album. He need to sell the world on it, and you really think he did a good job at doing that?

You also need to learn what the world wrong means. I am not wrong when I say Axl did not promote this album and he went awol.

He was not out there promoting this album or touring the album. That is awol, no one but members of this board even knew Axl was speaking.

And most of the stuff he answered didnt even have to do with the album. It was random stuff.

So you claim I am wrong? Show me the tour Axl did right after CD was released to promote the album, and I dont mean a YEAR after it was put out.

Show me all the radio, and magizine interviews he did to promote the album.

What did Axl do to promote the album to the public?

Edited by gnr-dave

Why is the record company making things so difficult for Axl?

What makes you think they are?

Jarmo's thoughts on HTGTH in their CD II release thread:

The record companies all think they run the show. When they realize they work for the artists and not the other way around, things will get better...

To be able to get Chinese Democracy out to us, there were all kinds of obstacles that needed to be cleared. I'm not sure if it's any easier to put new music out today than in 2008.

The record company didn't seem to have any idea of what they were doing in 2008. Not sure if anything has changed....

Yeah they didnt know what they were going yet they can seem to get every other artists albums out on their label easily right?

When dont you blame Axl for anything? You really think it was the labels fault it took axl ten years to put out the album?

The only obstacle is Axl, and under most you realize this you are never going to "get it".

I guess it was all the produces and ex band members faults too why they left too right?

What is the one constant in this equation?

Could it be Axl?

It sure does seem all those producers get other bands albums finished.

It seems the label gets all their other bands albums released.

It seems all those other band members get their albums out.

Yet its all their faults and not axls for CD?? Really?

Edited by gnr-dave

The record companies all think they run the show. When they realize they work for the artists and not the other way around, things will get better...

To be able to get Chinese Democracy out to us, there were all kinds of obstacles that needed to be cleared. I'm not sure if it's any easier to put new music out today than in 2008.

The record company didn't seem to have any idea of what they were doing in 2008. Not sure if anything has changed....

Yeah they didnt know what they were going yet they can seem to get every other artists albums out on their label easily right?

When dont you blame Axl for anything? You really think it was the labels fault it took axl ten years to put out the album?

The only obstacle is Axl, and under most you realize this you are never going to "get it".

When did ITW say he didn't blame Axl? Nowhere.

He was merely posting Jarmo's thoughts on it.

Why do you always have to try and attack people rather than adding anything to the thread.

For the record I do believe Axl had alot to do with the album not being released but people could argue that it was the company who also helped delay it by allegedly attempting to "force" Axl to release something. It was Axl's fault for not doing it, but also the company could be seen as bad guys when they were trying to get it released.

Dave, when don't you blame Axl for everything?

When its not his fault.

Its never Axls fault in gnr land. And that is why he gets away with so much BS.

And when people call Axl on his antics they get fired, or on this board they get called haters.

All the riots, canceled shows, late starts, axl walking off stage, album delays, fighting in airports or bars etc those in your eyes, Axls eyes and his yes men eyes are NEVER Axls fault right????

This thread just proves it blaming the label for CD taking 10 years to come out, they were trying to get Axl to release it for ever. Thats why they released GHs because they gave Axl a date CD had to be handed in by and if he did not they were going to put it out, he missed said date, and it was released.

So how was that the labels fault?

Edited by gnr-dave

ZERO

ZERO

He did an interview with Del James and he came to the board and answered fan questions. I thought that was way cooler than appearing on jimmy fallon or some shit.

Those "chats" were not promotion, Only people on these boards saw them, and those were not the people you needed to sell albums, we were already going to buy it regardless.

How did those "chats" promote the album? They didnt. And how is it pointing out Axl did ZERO promoting being negative? Its called a FACT.

Yeah big deal he answered board members questions, how did that get people that dont read message boards to buy CD?

Sure it was "cool" of Axl but it wasnt promotion of the album. Do you even know what promotion is? An example of promotion would be Axl doing a tour soon after the album drops or Axl doing a Kurt Loder or RS interview where it gets out into the mainstream.

Yeah Axl hiding behind is computer was really promoting this album. He didnt need to sell US on the album. He need to sell the world on it, and you really think he did a good job at doing that?

You also need to learn what the world wrong means. I am not wrong when I say Axl did not promote this album and he went awol.

He was not out there promoting this album or touring the album. That is awol, no one but members of this board even knew Axl was speaking.

And most of the stuff he answered didnt even have to do with the album. It was random stuff.

So you claim I am wrong? Show me the tour Axl did right after CD was released to promote the album, and I dont mean a YEAR after it was put out.

I never said he promoted the album when it came out, he is promoting it now though - "the Chinese Democracy world tour", why doesn't that count? Because it's a year on makes no difference to anyone but you. If it isn't done the way YOU want it, you shit on it. Every single post, every single thread... same shit different toilet.

I really find it hard to move past your posts without correcting you on your fallacies, cos I think you're a cunt.

When did ITW say he didn't blame Axl? Nowhere.

He was merely posting Jarmo's thoughts on it.

Why do you always have to try and attack people rather than adding anything to the thread.

For the record I do believe Axl had alot to do with the album not being released but people could argue that it was the company who also helped delay it by allegedly attempting to "force" Axl to release something. It was Axl's fault for not doing it, but also the company could be seen as bad guys when they were trying to get it released.

He made a comment when dont I blame Axl for something and I was simply asking him the same thing question.

Since if he agreed with me, he would not have made that comment.

So he must think its the labels fault or he would have said it was Axls fault, no??

Edited by gnr-dave

ZERO

ZERO

I never said he promoted the album when it came out, he is promoting it now though - "the Chinese Democracy world tour", why doesn't that count? Because it's a year on makes no difference to anyone but you. If it isn't done the way YOU want it, you shit on it. Every single post, every single thread... same shit different toilet.

I really find it hard to move past your posts without correcting you on your fallacies, cos I think you're a cunt.

What is my fallacy exactly? You even admitted Axl did not promote the album when it was first released.

So you agree with me then, but you still claim its a fallacy.

And the OP in the thread is trying to blame the label for there being no promotion of CD, so I am not allowed to point out why would they if Axl was not promoting it.

You know you cannot dispute what I am saying, so that is why you are getting personal. I have every right to dispute what the OP claims and I even gave examples.

And waiting over a year to tour for your album is not promoting since the album has already come and gone and it wont help album sales.

It would have been a much bigger help to actually tour soon after the album came out like they did with UYIs. Dont you think???

Axl still is not doing any interviews now, so I hardly would call this tour promoting the album since the album was out over a year and half ago.

That would be like having a trailer come out for a movie that was released last summer.

Too little too late.

Edited by gnr-dave

Stop being such a hater gnr-dave. Seriously.

Again, how am I being a hater? If you think I am wrong then tell me how it was the labels fault not Axls why there was no promotion.

Doesnt the label need Axl to promote the album? So if Axl was no where to be found except for doing a few little chats on a message board then what can they do exactly?

Release a video? Oh wait they need Axl for that one? Have Axl tour? Oh wait they need Axl for that one too? Radio or Magazine interviews? Oops need Axl for that one too.

So what exactly made it the suits fault for there not being any promotion?

Stop being such a hater gnr-dave. Seriously.

Again, how am I being a hater? If you think I am wrong then tell me how it was the labels fault not Axls why there was no promotion.

Doesnt the label need Axl to promote the album? So if Axl was no where to be found except for doing a few little chats on a message board then what can they do exactly?

Release a video? Oh wait they need Axl for that one? Have Axl tour? Oh wait they need Axl for that one too? Radio or Magazine interviews? Oops need Axl for that one too.

So what exactly made it the suits fault for there not being any promotion?

Guess what pal. You don't know jack shit about the situation behind closed doors. Neither do I. Yet you are the one negative here, hence you are the hater.

Kisses!

Enjoy your weekend being negative.

Edited by ohmygod

ZERO

ZERO

What is my fallacy exactly? You even admitted Axl did not promote the album when it was first released.

So you agree with me then, but you still claim its a fallacy.

And the OP in the thread is trying to blame the label for there being no promotion of CD, so I am not allowed to point out why would they if Axl was not promoting it.

You know you cannot dispute what I am saying, so that is why you are getting personal. I have every right to dispute what the OP claims and I even gave examples.

And waiting over a year to tour for your album is not promoting since the album has already come and gone and it wont help album sales.

It would have been a much bigger help to actually tour soon after the album came out like they did with UYIs. Dont you think???

Axl still is not doing any interviews now, so I hardly would call this tour promoting the album since the album was out over a year and half ago.

That would be like having a trailer come out for a movie that was released last summer.

Too little too late.

It's nothing like having a trailer come out a year later! The album is still on sale, it hasn't come and gone... they don't ONLY expect to make sales during the first week, appetite didn't. The tour is in support of the album... how can you argue with that? What else are they promoting?

You're just hater who comes here to argue with everyone, praying to god that maybe one day, Dexter will come here and call you out... your crowning fucking glory!