Fucking Suits

ITW 2012

Stop being such a hater gnr-dave. Seriously.

Again, how am I being a hater? If you think I am wrong then tell me how it was the labels fault not Axls why there was no promotion.

Doesnt the label need Axl to promote the album? So if Axl was no where to be found except for doing a few little chats on a message board then what can they do exactly?

Release a video? Oh wait they need Axl for that one? Have Axl tour? Oh wait they need Axl for that one too? Radio or Magazine interviews? Oops need Axl for that one too.

So what exactly made it the suits fault for there not being any promotion?

Guess what pal. You don't know jack shit about the situation behind closed doors. Neither do I. Yet you are the one negative here, hence you are the hater.

Kisses!

Enjoy your weekend being negative.

I wouldn't call it being it negative.

I would call it being realistic.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that NuGnR could have been one of the biggest bands in the world if promoted right, and that as soon as 2002.

Now they are just big.

And I'm ok with that, I mean it's not my business after all !

However, I think it's just sad for the players.

I think I'd be fucking depressed in between tours, if I were part of that band.

Why is the record company making things so difficult for Axl? They got their money back from Best Buy. I don't understand why they can't help Axl release and/or promote the music. The man still makes the best rock music out there and these clowns do nothing to help him. My theory is that they don't want him to do well because it'll make all the shit they normally peddle look bad.

You should be asking why is Axl making it hard for the record label. He took 10 years to put out the album, then when its finally released he does not promote the album.

They cannot force Axl to promote CD, Axl went into hiding after it was released. That is all on Axl

The labels are evil greedy SOBs, I don't think anyone can dispute that.

However, I do think it's odd that bands like Bon Jovi, Metallica, AC DC, Slash etc. have absolutely no problem getting the labels to release and promote their new music. Wonder why they're singling Axl out. :rolleyes:

Unless (gasp!) he is being a tad bit difficult. ;)

Exactly, they were so greedy to axl they gave him about 13m to make CD and waited ten years for him to put it out *sarcasm*

Then you expect them to pay for the promotion of the album too when axl goes awol after its released? How any interviews did he hear Axl do BEFORE CD came out to promote it?

ZERO

How many interviews did he hear Axl do after CD came out to promote the album?

ZERO

The label promoted the album by getting it on myspace did they not? Then Axl did NOTHING with it.

Axl didnt even tour off the album, how is that the labels fault?

I love how Axl is never at fault here (not saying you btw)

He did an interview with Del James and he came to the board and answered fan questions. I thought that was way cooler than appearing on jimmy fallon or some shit.

Those "chats" were not promotion, Only people on these boards saw them, and those were not the people you needed to sell albums, we were already going to buy it regardless.

How did those "chats" promote the album? They didnt. And how is it pointing out Axl did ZERO promoting being negative? Its called a FACT.

Yeah big deal he answered board members questions, how did that get people that dont read message boards to buy CD?

Oh thats right it didnt because they didnt even know about them.

Sure it was "cool" of Axl but it wasnt promotion of the album. Do you even know what promotion is? An example of promotion would be Axl doing a tour soon after the album drops or Axl doing a Kurt Loder or RS interview where it gets out into the mainstream.

Yeah Axl hiding behind is computer was really promoting this album. He didnt need to sell US on the album. He need to sell the world on it, and you really think he did a good job at doing that?

You also need to learn what the world wrong means. I am not wrong when I say Axl did not promote this album and he went awol.

He was not out there promoting this album or touring the album. That is awol, no one but members of this board even knew Axl was speaking.

And most of the stuff he answered didnt even have to do with the album. It was random stuff.

So you claim I am wrong? Show me the tour Axl did right after CD was released to promote the album, and I dont mean a YEAR after it was put out.

Show me all the radio, and magizine interviews he did to promote the album.

What did Axl do to promote the album to the public?

I never said he promoted the album when it came out, he is promoting it now though - "the Chinese Democracy world tour", why doesn't that count? Because it's a year on makes no difference to anyone but you. If it isn't done the way YOU want it, you shit on it. Every single post, every single thread... same shit different toilet.

I really find it hard to move past your posts without correcting you on your fallacies, cos I think you're a cunt.

What is my fallacy exactly? You even admitted Axl did not promote the album when it was first released.

So you agree with me then, but you still claim its a fallacy.

And the OP in the thread is trying to blame the label for there being no promotion of CD, so I am not allowed to point out why would they if Axl was not promoting it.

You know you cannot dispute what I am saying, so that is why you are getting personal. I have every right to dispute what the OP claims and I even gave examples.

And waiting over a year to tour for your album is not promoting since the album has already come and gone and it wont help album sales.

It would have been a much bigger help to actually tour soon after the album came out like they did with UYIs. Dont you think???

Axl still is not doing any interviews now, so I hardly would call this tour promoting the album since the album was out over a year and half ago.

That would be like having a trailer come out for a movie that was released last summer.

Too little too late.

It's nothing like having a trailer come out a year later! The album is still on sale, it hasn't come and gone... they don't ONLY expect to make sales during the first week, appetite didn't. The tour is in support of the album... how can you argue with that? What else are they promoting?

You're just hater who comes here to argue with everyone, praying to god that maybe one day, Dexter will come here and call you out... your crowning fucking glory!

The album has come on gone, its not even in the billboard top 200 anymore, how is that not gone? And the majority of the sales are made in the first few months, that is why bands PROMOTE their albums when it first comes out.

The tour is not revitalizing album sales, it didnt even improve them. If it did then CD would have been jumped way up in the charts.

Radio stations are still not playing CD songs they tried at first then they just stopped. No band starts their promotion a year after the album comes out. They do it all a few months BEFORE to a few months AFTER the album comes out because they know that is when they will make the majority of the album sales. Then since the album is out it will make people want to go see them on tour.

Axl had zero promotion for the album save a few online ads but that was BB not Axl and he did not tour to promote the album when the album dropped.

What they are doing now its not promotion, its just touring, just like it was in 2002 when they toured and there was no album in site.

And what can axl even say, everything I said is right.

But course he would make up some excuse to pass the blame and people like you would eat it up and believe it.

In order to be realistic about something you have to have some sort of concrete knowledge to base your point of view. Nobody is a hater if they say GNR comes on late and i think it's lame, etc...

Yet here, to have some sort of "realistic" viewpoint, you would have to actually have looked through a contract or two, sat through a meeting, etc. This is a business side of things which NONE of us have ANY concrete knowledge to, so i don't see how someone could have such a negative view on something he knows NOTHING about.

In order to be realistic about something you have to have some sort of concrete knowledge to base your point of view. Nobody is a hater if they say GNR comes on late and i think it's lame, etc...

Yet here, to have some sort of "realistic" viewpoint, you would have to actually have looked through a contract or two, sat through a meeting, etc. This is a business side of things which NONE of us have ANY concrete knowledge to, so i don't see how someone could have such a negative view on something he knows NOTHING about.

Ok, so what concrete knowledge does anyone have to blame the "suits" and say its their fault?

Oh that is right, if its passing the blame off of Axl that is ok when you do it that way.

I dont see you making these comments to the people that are blaming the label for there being no promotion.

Why is that?

All I am doing is pointing out how Axl did not do anything for promotion when the album was released.

Is that not true? I am pretty sure I have concrete knowledge that Axl did not promote CD.

How do I have that concrete knowledge you may ask, um because that is how it happened and we all lived it.

Are you going to try and claim Axl promoted CD by touring and doing public interviews right after CD was released????? (and no the chats dont count since the general public did not see or hear them).

Edited by gnr-dave

That is not what I asked, if you are going to try and call me on not having concrete knowledge for saying Axl did not promote CD (which I actually do have concrete knowledge that he did not), then why are you not calling the OP for not having concrete knowledge that is why their fault?

What did they make difficult for Axl? Was giving him ten years and 13m making things difficult?

Edited by gnr-dave

I think both yours and OP's have no merit. Yet you are habitually negative on GNR, thus my inclination is to direct the lameness at you. See i believe IF there was evidence that the SUITS were being jerks, you would still say it was somehow Axl's fault.

If i'm wrong and you are a fair dude, i'm sorry. But your history proves otherwise....

The album has come on gone, its not even in the billboard top 200 anymore, how is that not gone? And the majority of the sales are made in the first few months, that is why bands PROMOTE their albums when it first comes out.

The tour is not revitalizing album sales, it didnt even improve them. If it did then CD would have been jumped way up in the charts.

Radio stations are still not playing CD songs they tried at first then they just stopped. No band starts their promotion a year after the album comes out. They do it all a few months BEFORE to a few months AFTER the album comes out because they know that is when they will make the majority of the album sales. Then since the album is out it will make people want to go see them on tour.

Axl had zero promotion for the album save a few online ads but that was BB not Axl and he did not tour to promote the album when the album dropped.

What they are doing now its not promotion, its just touring, just like it was in 2002 when they toured and there was no album in site.

But course he would make up some excuse to pass the blame and people like you would eat it up and believe it.

When did the majority of sales for Appetite for Destruction come in? You'd do best to not compare guns n roses to most other bands.

What they are doing now is promotion for the album, anyway you cut it, that's what it is. It isn't like 2002, they have a product, they're playing songs from it, that's promotion. There was nothing to promote in 2002, except the promise of a new album and the shows themselves.

Do you have the sales figures for Chinese Democracy in South America after the recent shows? I assume that you've checked your facts, there was zero increase in sales?

I've never claimed that Axl promoted the album when it came out, you're just arguing about anything and everything that doesn't fit your skewed via of reality.

Edited by axl8302

You're just hater who comes here to argue with everyone, praying to god that maybe one day, Dexter will come here and call you out... your crowning fucking glory!

When did the majority of sales for Appetite for Destruction come in? You'd do best to not compare guns n roses to most other bands.

What they are doing now is promotion for the album, anyway you cut it, that's what it is. It isn't like 2002, they have a product, they're playing songs from it, that's promotion. There was nothing to promote in 2002, except the promise of a new album and the shows themselves.

I've never claimed that Axl promoted the album when it came out, you're just arguing about anything and everything that doesn't fit your skewed via of reality.

Do you have the sales figures for Chinese Democracy in South America after the recent shows? I assume that you've checked your facts, there was zero increase in sales?

You have to be kidding me you are going to compare this band to AFD.

AFD was lightening in a bottle, and Gnr was a new band back then.

The gnr name is now established so that will never happen again. AFD had a bunch of hits on them, CD does not.

People already know what to expect from the name Gnr and CD is not what they expect thus why it will never do what AFD did.

I wont even go into this isnt gnr either because that would be too easy.

Its laughable you would even compare the release of CD and how AFD took off.

And again like I said too little too late, you cannot start promotion over a year after CD was released. Its time has already come and gone.

The only thing Axl can do now is drop the next album and give it proper promotion when the album is released.

The facts are all on my side, you can choose to believe them or not. But to claim CD can take off like AFD did, I really hope you dont believe that.

Because even some of the biggest Axlites on this board wont back you on that one.

I think both yours and OP's have no merit. Yet you are habitually negative on GNR, thus my inclination is to direct the lameness at you. See i believe IF there was evidence that the SUITS were being jerks, you would still say it was somehow Axl's fault.

If i'm wrong and you are a fair dude, i'm sorry. But your history proves otherwise....

If you are really been an active poster since 2003 then you should know my history since you have been here almost as long as I have been.

I am not even close to being a hater, I just call Axl on his antics and can actually admit when he is wrong unlike most posters on this board.

I posted this article I wrote on this board too but could not find it, but for all the newbies that claim im a hater should take a read.

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/forum/index.php?topic=18345.0

I can't quote your post because somehow you've screwed it all up, but this is for you davey boy!

I never said it would take off like appetite. I was simply making a comparison, it doesn't have to be like you say.

Are you going to answer any of my questions? Was there a sales increase for chinese in south america after the shows?

I can't quote your post because somehow you've screwed it all up, but this is for you davey boy!

I never said it would take off like appetite. I was simply making a comparison, it doesn't have to be like you say.

Are you going to answer any of my questions? Was there a sales increase for chinese in south america after the shows?

Reread my post about AFD again. You cannot compare an unknown band like gnr back in the day, and a band that has a back catalog and fans know what to expect.

If CD was going to take off it would have.

As for the sales increase in SA, have you heard anything about CD jumping back up in those charts back in the top 5 or even top 10?

I have not, and I am sure if it did give huge boost someone would have posted it by now.

Could it have sold a few hundred or thousand albums, Im sure it did but keep in mind AFD still sells about 2000-5000 a week with no promotion even when Axl was not touring.

Reread my post about AFD again. You cannot compare an unknown band like gnr back in the day, and a band that has a back catalog and fans know what to expect.

As for the sales increase in SA, have you heard anything about CD jumping back up in those charts back in the top 5 or even top 10?

I have not, and I am sure if it did give huge boost someone would have posted it by now.

Could it have sold a few hundred or thousand albums, Im sure it did but keep in mind AFD still sells about 2000-5000 a week with no promotion even when Axl was not touring.

Oh I'm sorry Dave, for a minute I thought you had some facts to back up what you were saying. So you have no idea whether or not the tour is helping the album?

The album is now number 15 in the Finnish chart, just jumped up there after the date in Helsinki was announced, any correlation? Only an idiot would think that this tour is not promoting the album and that it wont increase sales.

http://acharts.us/finland_albums_top_50

Edited by axl8302

I wonder what would happen if we organized a protest in front of the Universal building in New York. Is that legal or would people get arrested? A free Axl and Chinese Democracy II campaign would be kind of cool.

I doubt they'd even bother to go to the window to take a gander...

Axl is tied to the company for a while, he has obligations while he wants nothing to do with them. Contracts cannot be breached.

And of course the record company is in it for the money, everyone knows and accepts this. That's just the way it is...which is the main reason the music industry will implode this decade, record companies will be things of the past after that.

The problem is that the things that need to be done are ignored by the company because they do not believe they can get their investment back fully (although they have made a very reasonable profit on CD thanks to the worldwide sales and of course the concerts) and Axl's people are not squeezing everything out of it.

The way I see it, the company made false promises which were not fulfilled, however on Axl's side mistakes were made too, he will be the first to admit, as he actually has done in interviews. He refuses to sell out, and that is something that you won't find much in the business. That also works against him.

Guns N' Roses will go the way Radiohead did, after the obligations are not in place anymore.

Radiohead, like them or not, gave a huge middle finger to the industry and they actually made more money this way (although they used 2 labels later on to distribute the album too). I had a conversation with Thom about this and even though they don't need the money anymore (and it is not an issue in any way), he was surprised it made that much money (huge part was donated to charities), while they were giving out the album for free on their own site, with no one telling them what to do, how to do it, when to do it.

The irony.

This thread could have been something quite beautiful.

Yeah if people didn't give the actual facts instead of always blaming everyone but Axl for something that is Axls fault.

Yeah lets blame the suits for Axl not promoting CD after it came out. LOL

I know Axlites dont like logic on this board but someone has to use it once in a while.

Oh I'm sorry Dave, for a minute I thought you had some facts to back up what you were saying. So you have no idea whether or not the tour is helping the album?

The album is now number 15 in the Finnish chart, just jumped up there after the date in Helsinki was announced, any correlation? Only an idiot would think that this tour is not promoting the album and that it wont increase sales.

You may want to get a map out Finland isnt in SA is it?

And Finland? That is the best you can do? You found one place where it went up a bit. But what about every other country in the world where it did not do jack?

Oh those are called FACTS.

Once again another thread derailed by GnR Dave! The Derailer man!

epicFAIL.jpg

Yeah I am sorry I derailed this thread with the truth.

Go figure.

Edited by gnr-dave

This thread could have been something quite beautiful.

Yeah if people didn't give the actual facts instead of always blaming everyone but Axl for something that is Axls fault.

Yeah lets blame the suits for Axl not promoting CD after it came out. LOL

I know Axlites dont like logic on this board but someone has to use it once in a while.

You may want to get a map out Finland isnt in SA is it?

And Finland? That is the best you can do? You found one place where it went up a bit. But what about every other country in the world where it did not do jack?

Oh those are called FACTS.

Once again another thread derailed by GnR Dave! The Derailer man!

epicFAIL.jpg

Yeah I am sorry I derailed this thread with the truth.

Go figure.

I don't know where to get sales figures for SA, and yes I'm aware Finland isn't in SA. You said that the tour wouldn't help album sales, that it wasn't promotion, it obviously is. I'm sure if you take a look at the charts in the places they've recently played, you'll see that album sales have gone up.

I can't talk to you anymore about this, it's like talking to a retard! Have a nice life Dave!