Fucking Suits

ITW 2012

the label only cares about the money. And the way I see it they gave GNR the 14 mill based on the success of AFD/UYI, GNR were as succesful as the Bealtes/Stones and for that reason got the freedom of those bands, for a while anyway. But label didn't get the record when they wanted it, so at some point around 2000 they cut Axl off, from that point there's been no support. Considering the amount they put in in the last era, how would they make that back in this more hostile era? They weren't, so they washed their hands, plus the labels seemed to be all fucked up anyway/everything was a mess. They wanted CD to help them out of the hole they were in. They may have even wanted to put out Live Era and GH before CD, which they saw as not making enough money for them. Then after a few tours, they get close, but still it's a no go. Then finally Azoff gets involved and gets this Best Buy deal for GNR. However, the label has given up hope, may not give a shit anymore, they just want their money and thank their lucky stars. But still no support/ money for video, they let leave it to Best Buy. Label or someone still manages to fuck up the booklet which may have been the straw that broke the camels back, sending Axl AWOL, he doesn't do any face time for CD in media, talks about it on Billboard online, giving the impression that he's still pissed off from all the shit they've written over the years. maybe not caving at that point was just payback and sort of balances out having to sell out to Best Buy to get some freedom.

just how I see it as filtered through everything that I remember. basically fiction, but it makes sense to me.

This always gives me the impression that C.D was released without Axl's permission. Just look at the booklet. Wrong songtitles (Street of dreams), spelling errors and so on. Ok, Axl did some explanation about why the name The blues turned into Street of dreams but imo he just did that to cover up his back to not take responsibility about the mistake someone else made.

Right, so if the album was released without Axls permission, that wouldnt that mean it was Axl making it difficult to put out this album and not the label?

Who was responsible for the fact that the album was 15 years in the making?

Axl, GHs was released in 2004 because Axl missed the set deadline to release the album. Axl did not hand the album in so it was released.

It was Axls fault CD took so long and everyone knows that

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time Universal said something about Chinese Democracy selling numbers, they said it was +/- on the 6th million, now it's probably on the 7th.

It didn't fail. It didn't fail AT ALL!

What are you talking about? CD has sold about 3m word wide. Stop making up numbers.

It has not even sold 1m in the US, and dont give me that BS oh it was shipped platinum, that is because best buy bought 1.3m copies which gnr got credit for.

Shipped albums is not sold.

the label only cares about the money. And the way I see it they gave GNR the 14 mill based on the success of AFD/UYI, GNR were as succesful as the Bealtes/Stones and for that reason got the freedom of those bands, for a while anyway. But label didn't get the record when they wanted it, so at some point around 2000 they cut Axl off, from that point there's been no support. Considering the amount they put in in the last era, how would they make that back in this more hostile era? They weren't, so they washed their hands, plus the labels seemed to be all fucked up anyway/everything was a mess. They wanted CD to help them out of the hole they were in. They may have even wanted to put out Live Era and GH before CD, which they saw as not making enough money for them. Then after a few tours, they get close, but still it's a no go. Then finally Azoff gets involved and gets this Best Buy deal for GNR. However, the label has given up hope, may not give a shit anymore, they just want their money and thank their lucky stars. But still no support/ money for video, they let leave it to Best Buy. Label or someone still manages to fuck up the booklet which may have been the straw that broke the camels back, sending Axl AWOL, he doesn't do any face time for CD in media, talks about it on Billboard online, giving the impression that he's still pissed off from all the shit they've written over the years. maybe not caving at that point was just payback and sort of balances out having to sell out to Best Buy to get some freedom.

just how I see it as filtered through everything that I remember. basically fiction, but it makes sense to me.

This always gives me the impression that C.D was released without Axl's permission. Just look at the booklet. Wrong songtitles (Street of dreams), spelling errors and so on. Ok, Axl did some explanation about why the name The blues turned into Street of dreams but imo he just did that to cover up his back to not take responsibility about the mistake someone else made.

Right, so if the album was released without Axls permission, that wouldnt that mean it was Axl making it difficult to put out this album and not the label?

Axl, GHs was released in 2004 because Axl missed the set deadline to release the album. Axl did not hand the album in so it was released.

I heard somewhere that an album was ready to be released in 1999, but it was rejected for being too different from their previous work. At that point Axl hired Brain, Buckethead, etc. and started writing other songs like Catcher in the Rye, There was a Time, and I.R.S.

...and that's why the current Chinese Democracy took so long, or so I heard.

Also, has anyone noticed that Oh my God is pretty much a clone of Rhiad in the Bedouins?

I don't think it's fair to say it's ALL his fault, that's just going off the deep end.

It's mostly his fault, and you cannot blame the long wait for BH, Brain then Robin leaving for the delay, since its Axls fault they left in the first place.

It's not 100% Axls fault but most of the reason points to Axl. He is the one that kept firing the producers, he is the one who kept pushing back the date he was going to pass the album in.

He is the reason why members got fed up and left because they were in the band for years and had nothing to show for it. Axl is to blame for not promoting the album.

The other only person to blame are Axl's handlers who let him get away with all his antics. But of course the ones that try to speak to Axl like an equal and dont tell him what he wants to hear, he just fires them.

I heard somewhere that an album was ready to be released in 1999, but it was rejected for being too different from their previous work. At that point Axl hired Brain, Buckethead, etc. and started writing other songs like Catcher in the Rye, There was a Time, and I.R.S.

Also, has anyone noticed that Oh my God is pretty much a clone of Rhiad in the Bedouins?

I think this is true.

None of what you said is true, and the rejection rumor is BS.

People really need to learn the history of this band. Axl hired Brain and BH because Finck and Josh left.

Also TWAT and IRS were written BEFORE BH and BRAIN were in the band. Those 1999 versions of IRS and TWAT are without Brain and BH before they joined the band.

Those songs were already written and recorded. Brain even said he had to rerecord about 30 tracks that Josh already laid down.

When Robin left in 1999 for the first time he left because the album was no where near being released yet, that is also why Josh left they did not want tot wait around.

Finck said Axl was still working on vocals when he left, so when his two year contract was up, he decided to go on tour with NIN to wait until Axl finished up vocals.

There was never any quote from anyone that said the label rejected CD. And they never would reject it. Even if they did why would it take Axl 10 more years to put it out?

Axl even said in 2000 or 2001 he did not release the album because he did not like how the songs sounded live and wanted to rework them.

Edited by gnr-dave

Last time Universal said something about Chinese Democracy selling numbers, they said it was +/- on the 6th million, now it's probably on the 7th.

It didn't fail. It didn't fail AT ALL!

It was considered a failure here in the U.S....................

U.S.A= World. No.

13th biggest selling album in 2008 worldwide, it managed that in a space of 2 months. That's a big acheivement in my book.

In regards to the 2nd album, we won't know until it comes out I guess. There are a huge amount of variables involved, promotion, record company participation, a hit single, video etc. It makes it all the more exciting in my book.

Edited by plonker88

The usual suspects still copy pasting their lies and filth on this forum I see.

Arguing with them is pointless, they are too far away in their own negative fantasies about the band they claim to be a fan of.

Criticism is fair and a right...that should be done. But posting lies and attacks over and over again shows it's not just criticism, but being bitter and angry about th fact that their ex-husband Axl left them butthurt.

I should not do this but: at the present, CD has sold more than 5.7 million worldwide, at least 1.2 million in the USA. These are the official numbers. They sold more than many popular bands and acts who are on different media all the time.

Anyone who claims that the USA market is more important than the rest is still living in 1985. In fact, the opposite is true these days, especially if you include concerts which generate bigger profits outside the USA per show. The CD took close to 11 million to make and since 2001 GnR generated more than 70 million for the same investors (CD album sales and CD concerts). They got 7 times more back then they gave.

Therefore everyone involved financially considers it to be a huge succes, which is why they let Axl do it his way again.

Anyone who claims that the USA market is more important than the rest is still living in 1985. In fact, the opposite is true these days, especially if you include concerts which generate bigger profits outside the USA per show. The CD took close to 11 million to make and since 2001 GnR generated more than 70 million for the same investors (CD album sales and CD concerts). They got 7 times more back then they gave.

The US is important for touring purposes. GNR makes most of their money on tour and CD didn't do well enough in the US to guarantee a successful arena tour. That's why myself and lots of others believe it's critical that they release another album to help promote a US tour.

Edited by ITW 2012

Blame anyone but Axl, okay? This is brilliant.

Your sig is amusing. If I had something good going and if most of my mates left me why would I start over for something I contributed so much towards?

No, THATS amusing :lol:

The US is important for touring purposes. GNR makes most of their money on tour and CD didn't do well enough in the US to guarantee a successful arena tour. That's why myself and lots of others believe it's critical that they release another album to help promote a US tour.

No its not.

The US is important for relavancy purposes.

The United States #1 export, is pop culture (movie, music, fashion etc.).

I think when record company gave 14 mill it was for old Guns which at that point were selling like crazy. I don't think they were too excited by Axl's new band members. That contiuned probably even with Bucket.

Overall I don't think that record would have sold too well back in 1999/2000 even if it was ready. There seems like there were various reasons for it not to come out, record industry in melt down one of them, plus the media negativity making more difficult, the record not being ready.

It's only by 2008 where a Best Buy type deal was on the table. So I can see the label not offering much support to GNR over the years, definitely not same level as old guns. They must have just wanted a reunion.

Right now they must want to get CD 2 out because they paid for the making of it, GNR just had a hit and record company will just want to double the 6 mill worldwide sales, collect all the profit outside of the BB deal. I don't think they deserve it really. It's close to over for record companies, they do packaging and shipment. iTunes kind of makes the middleman redundant. suppose they can hunt for talent, offer them money to make music, but even that is getting easier to do with technology, kids can have studio in bedroom good enough.

Edited by wasted

I still don't get it. Chinese Democracy sold well, any new album sell would be profit due to the Best Buy deal, and Guns N' Roses are bigger and have a better image on the media and with the fans than it had in 2008. WHY IS UNIVERSAL HOLDING THE NEW ALBUM?!

I still don't get it. Chinese Democracy sold well, any new album sell would be profit due to the Best Buy deal, and Guns N' Roses are bigger and have a better image on the media and with the fans than it had in 2008. WHY IS UNIVERSAL HOLDING THE NEW ALBUM?!

Where do you come up with this stuff? CD did NOT sell very well esp for the amount it cost and how long it took to get made.

And Gnr have a better image on the media and are bigger? What are you talking about? The media does not care about this band and radio does not even play CD songs at all.

As for universal holding up the new album, what are you talking about? Axl is the one holding it up and not putting it out. Axl even said he wants to concenrate on CD right now.

Edited by gnr-dave

13th biggest selling album in 2008 worldwide, it managed that in a space of 2 months. That's a big acheivement in my book.

In regards to the 2nd album, we won't know until it comes out I guess. There are a huge amount of variables involved, promotion, record company participation, a hit single, video etc. It makes it all the more exciting in my book.

Even Ron said in his interview on this very board, that CD was a failure based on the number of sales it was projected to sell

Blame anyone but Axl, okay? This is brilliant.

Or be a clown who blames Axl for everything. Slash, duff and Izzy have moved on. Maybe you should as well. You've got velvet revolver and a slash solo album - be happy. Or you could whine and cry about the name of axl's band - which he in fact OWNS.

/thread

Even Ron said in his interview on this very board, that CD was a failure based on the number of sales it was projected to sell

My reason for deeming Chinese Democracy a failure had nothing to do with the number of units that were shifted. I considered it a failure because I can remember the quality of records that GN'R used to release.

"Well, it would have been impossible to sell the amount anyone was expecting, because after so many years, after so many talks, hypes and all the "boom", how could we manage to do that? Plus the fact that CDs don't sell today as they use to do in the past. Considering this and the fact that we didn't launch any clip, didn't go on any TV program, did only a few interviews and went on tour only a year after it was launched, the 3 or 4 million it sold is pretty good. Of course, if you compare to what was expected, it's a huge failure."

Twisting words.....What a shame, I thought you were better than that Dave.