Fucking Suits

ITW 2012

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can be a harsh critic of Axl at times, but music industry suits are the scum of the Earth, and I'm sure they are not fucking helping here.

+1

The suits are fucking with somebody who makes music that I love and that's not cool. I just thought that it would be nice to have a thread where people actually got behind Axl. He's still the best rock singer and frontman around.

At this point I am more into blaming the suits for making it difficult for Axl to put CD II out.

Del: When's the next album?

Axl: Have no idea and don't care. Hopefully, we'll be working 'Chinese' for a good bit.

I'm not sure what the "suits" did or didn't do.

He decided to do an exclusive distribution through Best Buy. And if you've been there lately, their music section has decreased significantly. You have to understand that Best Buy sells appliances and CDs are like bait, in hopes that you work your way to the flat screens and Blu Ray players.

There is no CDII as far as anyone can tell. When the band takes an extended break, then maybe they'll have some new songs for us to enjoy. I doubt the record company is standing in his way of putting newer music out.

They'd be better off selling USB flash drives at concerts with soundboard quality shows loaded on them for the price of a t-shirt, and let fans trade the shows off.

Axl seemed really pissed off and frustrated during the Del interview. He was in a way better mood when he answered our questions on the forums. He was even listing off songs for us on here and he mentioned that his favorite song (Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul) wasn't even on the first album.

I can be a harsh critic of Axl at times, but music industry suits are the scum of the Earth, and I'm sure they are not fucking helping here.

+1

The suits are fucking with somebody who makes music that I love and that's not cool. I just thought that it would be nice to have a thread where people actually got behind Axl. He's still the best rock singer and frontman around.

If you want to get behind Axl in a thread at least make a thread where he is not in the wrong.

+1

If you want to get behind Axl in a thread at least make a thread where he is not in the wrong.

I could start a thread about Axl wearing red bandanas and you would turn it into something about Axl supporting gang members in South Central LA.

I'm not gonna side with the suits.

These dooshes are destroying recorded music.

The labels are basically another large banking institution that keeps making short-sighted decisions.

In this cause how can you not.

Lets recap now. They gave Axl 13 million bucks and gave him ten years to put out CD, then Axl didnt even promote the album before or after it came out.

No other label has EVER done that for any other band before.

He didnt even tour for the album until a year after it was released.

So how can anyone think Axl is in the right here??? Seriously.

Edited by gnr-dave

I'm not gonna side with the suits.

These dooshes are destroying recorded music.

The labels are basically another large banking institution that keeps making short-sighted decisions.

In this cause how can you not.

Lets recap now. They gave Axl 13 million bucks and gave him ten years to put out CD, then Axl didnt even promote the album before or after it came out.

He didnt even tour for the album until a year after it was released.

So how can anyone think Axl is in the right here??? Seriously.

The people who gave Axl all that money are gone. It's a new era for the record companies. They now back fast food Michael Bay type shit.

Ahaha damn GNR-Dave is just owning Axl8302.

What are you his boyfriend?

No ahahaha.

need a tissue?

You do after thinking about Dave.

Why? In my opinion which I share with this Dave character, I agree with everything he said. I don't even post that often, let alone know who he is. Deal with it. Obviously you can't since you got your panties in a knot.

I bet you dollars to donuts that the record label is trying to make Axl give them touring and merchandise revenue in exchange for releasing CD II. Either that or they are trying to make him sell out his artistic vision and make Nickelback style radio friendly cock rock.

I bet you dollars to donuts that the record label is trying to make Axl give them touring and merchandise revenue in exchange for releasing CD II. Either that or they are trying to make him sell out his artistic vision and make Nickelback style radio friendly cock rock.

There is really a simple solution to that.

Just do what pearl jam did, the label can release all the live shows on cd and take the money from that.

Then the band can have the touring and merch sales.

problems solved

Edited by gnr-dave

Why is the record company making things so difficult for Axl? They got their money back from Best Buy. I don't understand why they can't help Axl release and/or promote the music. The man still makes the best rock music out there and these clowns do nothing to help him. My theory is that they don't want him to do well because it'll make all the shit they normally peddle look bad.

Maybe because Axl don't want to release and promote the music?

Why is the record company making things so difficult for Axl? They got their money back from Best Buy. I don't understand why they can't help Axl release and/or promote the music. The man still makes the best rock music out there and these clowns do nothing to help him. My theory is that they don't want him to do well because it'll make all the shit they normally peddle look bad.

I have been trying to say this for 7 pages now.

I could easily have seen the label trying to set up interviews for Axl, or even trying to set up a tour and Axl saying no to all of that.

Yet its the suits fault because Axl does not want to help himself.

Axl does not even need the label to promote the album. He could easily call up Loder or someone from RS and do an interview but he never did.

And what happened to the rumored better video, Axl just sat on it and never put it out.

Edited by gnr-dave

Stupid thread.

When guns does anything........has never been up to the record company.

everyone on this board, at the very least, should know and agree upon that.

Maybe in the past but do you really beleive Axl still has that type of power with the record company these days after what they went through with ChiDem?? It is not 1991 and GnR is not the biggest band in the world anymore..........

Wich made me think of this. Are G N' R these days popular enough for a recordcompany to invest mony in the band so they can record (and promote?) an album?

Stupid thread.

Maybe in the past but do you really beleive Axl still has that type of power with the record company these days after what they went through with ChiDem?? It is not 1991 and GnR is not the biggest band in the world anymore..........

Wich made me think of this. Are G N' R these days popular enough for a recordcompany to invest mony in the band so they can record (and promote?) an album?

Of course. The name itself is a big draw. Contrary to popular belief, CD had good sales figures. It just wasn't a monumental success to the likes of AFD.

I have been trying to say this for 7 pages now.

I could easily have seen the label trying to set up interviews for Axl, or even trying to set up a tour and Axl saying no to all of that.

Yet its the suits fault because Axl does not want to help himself.

Axl does not even need the label to promote the album. He could easily call up Loder or someone from RS and do an interview but he never did.

And what happened to the rumored better video, Axl just sat on it and never put it out.

That tour is just a different thing. Look at the setlists of the past shows and see how Chinese Democracy ignorant it is. Imo it seems like somebody don't want to use these shows as a promotion for Chinese Democracy.

Stupid thread.

I'm no expert but I'm guessing that if you can sell a few million worldwide than there's probably some label out there who would be willing to give you a bit of cash to record and promote an album.

Stupid thread.

I'm no expert but I'm guessing that if you can sell a few million worldwide than there's probably some label out there who would be willing to give you a bit of cash to record and promote an album.

How many will take the risk to work with an (unreliable) musician who only does what he wants and not taking care of the wishes of the recordcompany?