Would U Want 2 Meet Axl Rose?

Johnny Utah

I met him a few times in 07. The first time was at a party in his Suit in Adeliade. he walked into the kitchen while Dizzy and I were doing shots of Jager. I ask him if he wanted one. He laughed and said he Nah I'm cool.

Later that night/morning I was drinking corona from an esky, Axl waked past looking in the other esky for a beer, I said to him the coronas were in this esky, he said thanks. After I walked away, I realised the esky i was bludging beers from had a sign on it reading "Axl Rose's personal Dressing room esky". I shit myself after that a decided just to drink whatever was in the other esky. HAHA.

I then "officially" met him a week later in brisbane, at a 2nd party backstage. I finally introduced myself and shook his hand. That was about 5 minutes before I had an arguement with Baz over a bottle of wine.

Then I spoke to him again a few times at a Party in Sydney after the final show of the Aus leg of the tour.

I was really nervous meeting him the first 3 times but after that it was pretty fucking awesome. He is actually very funny. Loves a laugh.

Do you work for GNR or something?

Nope. Just a very very very very very very Lucky fan. One of the greatest experiences of my life.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I met him a few times in 07. The first time was at a party in his Suit in Adeliade. he walked into the kitchen while Dizzy and I were doing shots of Jager. I ask him if he wanted one. He laughed and said he Nah I'm cool.

Later that night/morning I was drinking corona from an esky, Axl waked past looking in the other esky for a beer, I said to him the coronas were in this esky, he said thanks. After I walked away, I realised the esky i was bludging beers from had a sign on it reading "Axl Rose's personal Dressing room esky". I shit myself after that a decided just to drink whatever was in the other esky. HAHA.

I then "officially" met him a week later in brisbane, at a 2nd party backstage. I finally introduced myself and shook his hand. That was about 5 minutes before I had an arguement with Baz over a bottle of wine.

Then I spoke to him again a few times at a Party in Sydney after the final show of the Aus leg of the tour.

I was really nervous meeting him the first 3 times but after that it was pretty fucking awesome. He is actually very funny. Loves a laugh.

Nope. Just a very very very very very very Lucky fan. One of the greatest experiences of my life.

Pm me your secrets

Pm me your secrets

No secret. Just luck.

Believe it or not:

Many years ago, on a hot sunny Sunday afternoon, while hanging out in the local corner shop, which was not an uncommon thing to do, as they had 2 arcade machines in there, a red Mercedes pulled up outside. The only people in the shop was myself and the owner, who I kind of knew. Brain May, the Queen guitarist at that time, when Freddie Mercury was still alive, walked into the shop. He didn’t look particularly happy, not angry, just slightly miserable. He picked up some items, paid, then exited the shop. While I was well aware who it was, I never felt the urge to say anything to him, although me and the shop owner did mention to each other ‘oh, that was Brain May!’. Sitting in the passenger seat, was a woman with dark permed hair, although her face was obscured by window reflection. At the time I guessed it was Anita Dobson (who played Angie Watts in Eastenders at the time) as he was going out with her at the time. Once I got home, I mentioned all this to my sister, who acted all cool, like it was nothing, and happened to know that Queen were shooting a video in the area.

To this day I have no idea what video it could have been, although if I were to guess, it would be the video Queen - Breakthru, which features a train, as the scenery wasn’t a million miles away to the way the scenery looked in the area where I lived at that time.

Maybe someone knows where Breakthru was filmed ?

Breakthru was filmed at the Nene Valley railway in Peterborough.

Brian is a nice quiet chap. Not at all 'affected'. Did he have his clogs on? :lol:

Believe it or not:

Many years ago, on a hot sunny Sunday afternoon, while hanging out in the local corner shop, which was not an uncommon thing to do, as they had 2 arcade machines in there, a red Mercedes pulled up outside. The only people in the shop was myself and the owner, who I kind of knew. Brain May, the Queen guitarist at that time, when Freddie Mercury was still alive, walked into the shop. He didn’t look particularly happy, not angry, just slightly miserable. He picked up some items, paid, then exited the shop. While I was well aware who it was, I never felt the urge to say anything to him, although me and the shop owner did mention to each other ‘oh, that was Brain May!’. Sitting in the passenger seat, was a woman with dark permed hair, although her face was obscured by window reflection. At the time I guessed it was Anita Dobson (who played Angie Watts in Eastenders at the time) as he was going out with her at the time. Once I got home, I mentioned all this to my sister, who acted all cool, like it was nothing, and happened to know that Queen were shooting a video in the area.

To this day I have no idea what video it could have been, although if I were to guess, it would be the video Queen - Breakthru, which features a train, as the scenery wasn’t a million miles away to the way the scenery looked in the area where I lived at that time.

Maybe someone knows where Breakthru was filmed ?

Wow, that's cool. It probably was Anita Dobson. And I'm not 100% sure, but I think he dated her when they filmed Breakthru.

Hell no. Part of me does, but I probably have nothing more interesting to say to him than the next fanboy and so I'd just look silly.

So?

You would so regretting that.

Story: 10 years ago, in the snakepit years, some how and I really can't remember how that happened, I end up mailing a couple of times with Kerri Kelly. That was fun ( I can be very funny at times) anyway I was invited back stage after the show in my country.

But than there were these beautifull girls flashing their boobs in the front row, ofcourse they got invited too. That was the moment I chickend out. I looked fine, but could't imagine, that they would speak to me, when they could also speak to these half naked girls. And I was afraid, that they would think I was like them. I already was shy and so I lost on my change to meet Slash. Stupid thing, Keri even mailed me, why I didn't showed up, I was so stupid! Now 10 years later I still regret this. Nowadays I wouldn't care less and would go.

Yes. That would be nice. Hopefully there would be something to say. It sounds like he is quite talkative, so maybe that would not be a problem.

I was once formally invited to meet someone famous. His face is/was very familiar from TV, but I was mainly impressed by the way he was greeting everyone.

He was like a presidential candidate giving each person the kind of attention that they have the one and only deciding vote. It was almost too intense.

After talking to him for a while I was just happy to look at his interaction with people next to me. It was a bit like watching a cartoon character in real life.

After meeting him and a few other actors what I have kind of learned is that TV dilutes a lot of their charisma. So to start with they have to have a lot of it,

at least when they decide and need to turn it on. As Axl is a performer who can give kicks to his audience, I guess he must have some charisma also outside the stage when he chooses to.

I have had the chance (bars, meet&greet, airport…) to meet some “rock stars” here, but I could not think of anything intelligent or meaningful to say, so I did not go to say even hello.

Very good question, Johnny Utah!

But in the end I would rather have an illusion destroyed than live on with it comfortably for the rest of my life - so I would DEFINITELY want to meet him. If I'm dissappointed about him, hey, that would be like freeing yourself from some mental picture you have been carrying around with yourself ever since the early 90's...

I never understood "You shouldn't meet your idols", but after having met one or two of them, I can really say, it's probably true in most cases.

And, fuck, I came so close to meeting Axl last September, there were just 15 meters (50 feet) and an agressive bouncer between us, but in the end it didn't happen.

Very good question, Johnny Utah!

But in the end I would rather have an illusion destroyed than live on with it comfortably for the rest of my life - so I would DEFINITELY want to meet him. If I'm dissappointed about him, hey, that would be like freeing yourself from some mental picture you have been carrying around with yourself ever since the early 90's...

I never understood "You shouldn't meet your idols", but after having met one or two of them, I can really say, it's probably true in most cases.

And, fuck, I came so close to meeting Axl last September, there were just 15 meters (50 feet) and an agressive bouncer between us, but in the end it didn't happen.

I know what you mean.

I paid $500 to Meet Alice Cooper a few years ago. I'll never do that again. Don't get me wrong, it was awesome, and he is a really nice man but, you shouldn't have to pay to meet someone.

I've met all of the current line up of GN'R besides DJ, but I did meet Robin a few times. He is nice but very strange. I was most dissapointed with Tommy. He was just very rude and uninterested. Richard introduced him to me in 07 as Richard and I had been chatting for a while, so you'd think when your friend introduces you to someone they "know" you'd be a little more polite and at least pretend to give a fuck.

Chris, on the other hand, is a fucking legend. He is dead set one of the nicest and funniest blokes I've ever had the pleasure to get good and drunk with.