Would U Want 2 Meet Axl Rose?

Johnny Utah

I would rather enjoy just being in the same room with him and observing. Creepy I guess, but really.

If I worked up the confidence to greet him I wouldn't talk too much about how awesome he is and all that. Probably just say hi and that I enjoyed the show. I wouldn't ask for an autograph or picture, cause I'm sure he doesn't enjoy that. I'd try to stay cool.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met him twice.

I will always remember the first time I met him. It was just after the Montreal show.

He was really nice and really funny. Met him for about 15 minutes and we were lucky enough to be invited at the after show party in a bar in Montreal. We spent the whole night drinking and talking and joking. Axl is the hell of a funny guy!

He’s just like any other person. He gives everyone their moment with them. When he talk to you, he look at you in the eyes and take attention to what you’re saying. He could act like a superstar that doesn’t care but he’s cool enough to give everyone their moment with him. It was a great moment that I was able to live. Thank you to those who made it happens, you know who you are!

The funniest moment I had with Axl was in Quebec City. We were having a beer in the loge and we wanted another beer.

Axl was in front of the fridge, we had to ask him to move a little so we could grab one. Let just say that it was weird!

oh yeah remember that little circle you, me, Axl and Baz made? that was cool..at first I thought it was uncomfortable speaking because of the heavy eye-contact since no one i know stares so hard into my eyes when we're having a conversation but a little later I realized he was just really interested in what I had to say and was making sure we were interested in what he had to say.

truly a great night, class act guy all the way

so to answer the OP's question, I'd definitely want to meet him again one day

I met him at a few gigs on the latest tour, what you guys said describes it very good. I am usually a person that looks into people eyes when we talk, so it was funny when I talked to him. I don't know what it is but maybe its the fact that we were just normal dudes and acted as such and he liked that and wanted to talk to someone "normal" most stars lives are filled with famous people sometimes its nice to just chill with regular folk I suppose. Axl was so nice and friendly the whole time I was with him, every night. I had plenty great experiences during the week in Canada, most of which I hold to myself. I can say though Montreal was one of the best times of my life, from the pre show party to the after party with Axl, we had a great time with so many great people. They were all so cool and so family like. I enjoyed every minute of it and took it in as not only a fan but as a person. I was so happy to hang out with you guys in Montreal, I had already met Axl by then and yet Montreal seeing Revolver and Montrealer's face that night was something else, you all made it the best time for me everyone including the band, their families, and crew I will never forget the times we had in Jan for as long as I live, the memories will live long inside of me.

and since you can only meet someone once, to answer the question I would love to see him again.

Edited by gunsguy

I want to meet Axl and talk to him about movies or something. :(

I am sure he would like that he seems like he likes to talk about shit that grounds him

I agree.

I mean, asking him about his music or anything like that would be kind of cool I guess, but boring. I would find it much more interesting to talk to him about movies, TV shows, books, etc.

I am sure he would like that he seems like he likes to talk about shit that grounds him

I think Bach said in that Eddie Trunk interview that Axl collected movies so looks like you might be in luck. All you have to do now is hunt him down and not stammer like a school girl meeting the Jonas Brothers.

I think Bach said in that Eddie Trunk interview that Axl collected movies so looks like you might be in luck. All you have to do now is hunt him down and not stammer like a school girl meeting the Jonas Brothers.

Youre right about that, stars are more likely to talk to you if you act normal, freak out inside outside put it on that you are average and don't freak out, they see that everyday and it must be crazy for them.

I would love to meet him - but I'm 100% sure, if I ever got a backstage pass or some shit - After saying hello to Axl (very quickly) I would spend most of my time trying to score with the groupies, he and the band didn't want.

What can I say. *shrugs* You are who you are.

And Apollo is partly wrong. Yeah sure, parents, teachers and all of that shit, should be your role models, but there is nothing wrong with respecting and admiring a entertainer who isn't afraid to put their "bullshit" out there for the world to see,hear, or read.

that shit isn't easy either.....and if someone you admire is doing it - it helps you.

I mean who was that said you can't have but one role model?

I would like that very much, yeah, but to be honest, I don't think I could control myself. I will probably lose my cool and start to talk too much or something.

I'm an emotional guy (not crazy) and I wouldn't want to waste Axl's time, so I guess I'm undecided on that.

But really, I think I could carry a conversation with him...

So you would rather keep the opinion you have attained via the internet and the media rather than actually find out for yourself by meeting the guy face to face?

What does this even mean? I do not get comments like this.

We have 20 years of behavior to draw from, do we not? Are you seriously suggesting he's really a great guy and the evil sinister press just makes up all this bad stuff? Do we not have countless no shows, storm offs, temper tantrums, immature comments, and general asshole behavior to draw from? Is that all just made up? Of course its not. Its all real world.

"The press" doesn't make him say the hurtful and juvenile things he does about people. "The press" doesn't make him no show on a building full of people and not give them any sort of reason why. "The press" doesn't make him unwilling to communicate with anyone. No, those things are on him, I'm afraid.

If Axl has a shit reputation, and he does, that's because Axl has been responsbile for that. It make absoltuey zero sense to suggest he's really some great guy and this is all a big wacky misunderstanding. This is the real world, not 'Three's Company'.

I'll say this. We do not have "20 years" worth of behavior to draw from. Not at all, not even close. What we have in reality is a relatively small sample size of his behavior over the last 20 years. After all, he was almost completely out of the public eye from 1994-2001 and from 2003-2006. That is almost 10 out of the 20+ years almost completely unaccounted for. And why does he have to be either a bad guy or "really a great guy"? Maybe he's somewhere in between like most of the world. It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other.

Ali

Yeah, even though I probably wouldn't know what to say b/c I'd be pretty intimidated....But I'd try to keep my cool as best as I can.

I'm pretty sure meeting Axl would be something to remember, so I'd like to be as cool as can be...

Edited by WhatsHerface

Depends how I met him. If I saw him out and about doing some personal business, I'd leave him alone or say hi and keep a respectful distance, if he said hi back, then I might talk to him.

I don't see the big deal about asking for autographs or not asking for them. You just stick a marker and the latest CD in your back pocket, and either he would or he wouldn't, just don't push anyone to do it. But I'm amazed by anyone who puts on a high energy show and still manages to come around and meet with people. But if the show went badly, it's not a place I'd want to be.

If I ever met Axl I would cream myself. This is coming from someone who met:

Ron

Matt

Duff

Slash

Frank

Dizzy

Richard

and Robin.

Nice.

Not really, Dizzy, Richard, and Robin were more of a short 2 minute "Hey, I love the stuff you do, thanks a lot". Ron I met 3 time all of which lasted for about 30 minutes to an hour. Duff was a good 10 minute conversation, as was Frank. Matt was fucking awesome, one of the nicest guys I know(Ron fits this description too), and Slash was tired or something and grunted when I asked for an autograph, not really a good first impression.

I met him twice.

I will always remember the first time I met him. It was just after the Montreal show.

He was really nice and really funny. Met him for about 15 minutes and we were lucky enough to be invited at the after show party in a bar in Montreal. We spent the whole night drinking and talking and joking. Axl is the hell of a funny guy!

He’s just like any other person. He gives everyone their moment with them. When he talk to you, he look at you in the eyes and take attention to what you’re saying. He could act like a superstar that doesn’t care but he’s cool enough to give everyone their moment with him. It was a great moment that I was able to live. Thank you to those who made it happens, you know who you are!

The funniest moment I had with Axl was in Quebec City. We were having a beer in the loge and we wanted another beer.

Axl was in front of the fridge, we had to ask him to move a little so we could grab one. Let just say that it was weird!

Those were good times, huh?

I remember when you locked that thread about Axl being at the bar in Montreal.

Kind of dooshy, but whatever.

I met him twice.

Those were good times, huh?

I remember when you locked that thread about Axl being at the bar in Montreal.

Kind of dooshy, but whatever.

Calling a mod a douche for closing a topic that was not true? That's really strange even for you. You only hear what you want to, the bar we went to was not even close to the one posted.

I met him twice.

oh yeah remember that little circle you, me, Axl and Baz made? that was cool..at first I thought it was uncomfortable speaking because of the heavy eye-contact since no one i know stares so hard into my eyes when we're having a conversation but a little later I realized he was just really interested in what I had to say and was making sure we were interested in what he had to say.

I hate you both.

So do I <_<

I met him twice.

I met him at a few gigs on the latest tour, what you guys said describes it very good. I am usually a person that looks into people eyes when we talk, so it was funny when I talked to him. I don't know what it is but maybe its the fact that we were just normal dudes and acted as such and he liked that and wanted to talk to someone "normal" most stars lives are filled with famous people sometimes its nice to just chill with regular folk I suppose. Axl was so nice and friendly the whole time I was with him, every night. I had plenty great experiences during the week in Canada, most of which I hold to myself. I can say though Montreal was one of the best times of my life, from the pre show party to the after party with Axl, we had a great time with so many great people. They were all so cool and so family like. I enjoyed every minute of it and took it in as not only a fan but as a person. I was so happy to hang out with you guys in Montreal, I had already met Axl by then and yet Montreal seeing Revolver and Montrealer's face that night was something else, you all made it the best time for me everyone including the band, their families, and crew I will never forget the times we had in Jan for as long as I live, the memories will live long inside of me.

and since you can only meet someone once, to answer the question I would love to see him again.

You are all lucky bastards. :(

For example

taylor_hicks240.jpg

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol: