Would U Want 2 Meet Axl Rose?

Johnny Utah

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I would love to meet Axl!

Well, I actually 'met' him once. But it was in my dream :P One night I had a dream he came to my house, we were sitting on armchairs, drinking some good tequila or whisky and talking. He wore hat and dark clothes. We were talking, he was cool. He asked me if I want to hear some new songs. I liked them, however when I wake up I didn't remember any of them. It's silly, but after this dream I like Axl even more :P

I don't know why I just wrote this, but why not :P

PS: Axl, if u read this and if you had the same dream - PM me! Maybe it was some kind of extraction (you know, like in 'Inception') ;)

If it were a spontaneous situation, i.e. being in a public place and simply saying ‘hi Axl’ is a fun way, then yes.

If it were some pre arranged ‘meet Axl’, then no.

Edited by star

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Axl is funny, charming and cool.

He cracks joke, and when he speaks to you or shakes your hand he looks directly at you, not anywhere but you. He's not arrogant and he takes time to be with you.

Did he pose for pictures with fans or was he in too much of a rush?

I met him in Montreal and I'd concur with everything Montrealer said. I found Axl to be a very funny, cool, and genuine person.

I was at that show, how was it wen u met him

It was really cool. Axl was telling lots of stories and cracking jokes. He was really animated, and a great story teller. If he put out a spoken word album of just him telling stories, I would buy it. Anyway, later on that night I talked to him for a few minutes and he was kind enough to take a pic with my friend and I.

It was really cool like ITW says. When I got introduce to him he was a real gent. Took the time to shake hand, talk a few minutes and said a few jokes. After a few drinks, he was funny as hell! It's been a year and I can still remember it like it was yesterday. It was the best night of my life! I left the party and it was time to go at work. I couldn't sleep, the adrenaline was too high! Met him in Quebec City too and he was still a gent. When you talk to him, he take the time to look at you and listen to you. You don't feel like a nobody and like he doesn't care.

just wanted to add how very true this is..

at one point we were sharing stories at the afterparty at some club in Montreal and after each story he told me, I was thinking "aw hell no, I don't even know anyone that could top that one"

so I just said something from my own experience, kinda expecting him not to care since I just might've been telling him about a moth a saw in comparison but he was always very interested in everything I said, thought very well about what I said and replied/asked and whatever people do when you almost feel "superior" at parties (like the main guy telling all the stories, cracking all the jokes and people pay great attention and ask about this and that...)

don't really know how to explain.. had the time of my life and thanks again Montrealer for a kick ass time!

Edited by Revolver

Axl is funny, charming and cool.

He cracks joke, and when he speaks to you or shakes your hand he looks directly at you, not anywhere but you. He's not arrogant and he takes time to be with you.

Did he pose for pictures with fans or was he in too much of a rush?

He stopped and chatted, some people had albums they wanted signing so he signed everything that was handed to him, posed for loads of pics, asked if there was anything else, thanked everyone, waved and all the time he was answering questions, cracking jokes and smiling.

I met him in Montreal and I'd concur with everything Montrealer said. I found Axl to be a very funny, cool, and genuine person.

I was at that show, how was it wen u met him

It was really cool. Axl was telling lots of stories and cracking jokes. He was really animated, and a great story teller. If he put out a spoken word album of just him telling stories, I would buy it. Anyway, later on that night I talked to him for a few minutes and he was kind enough to take a pic with my friend and I.

What kind of stories was he telling? past concert stuff, backstage stuff?

I do remember him mentioning something about Mick Jagger at one point. Maybe he was talking about playing with The Stones? Not trying to be vague or anything. There was a lot of drinking that evening and it was probably past 3 am when we were standing around listening to Axl tell stories. I think when my friend and I left the club it was about 5:30 am. We had to drive back to Toronto for the next show so we didn't stay till the end. What a great time though. Definitely the most surreal night ever.

Edited by ITW 2012

Believe it or not:

Many years ago, on a hot sunny Sunday afternoon, while hanging out in the local corner shop, which was not an uncommon thing to do, as they had 2 arcade machines in there, a red Mercedes pulled up outside. The only people in the shop was myself and the owner, who I kind of knew. Brain May, the Queen guitarist at that time, when Freddie Mercury was still alive, walked into the shop. He didn’t look particularly happy, not angry, just slightly miserable. He picked up some items, paid, then exited the shop. While I was well aware who it was, I never felt the urge to say anything to him, although me and the shop owner did mention to each other ‘oh, that was Brain May!’. Sitting in the passenger seat, was a woman with dark permed hair, although her face was obscured by window reflection. At the time I guessed it was Anita Dobson (who played Angie Watts in Eastenders at the time) as he was going out with her at the time. Once I got home, I mentioned all this to my sister, who acted all cool, like it was nothing, and happened to know that Queen were shooting a video in the area.

To this day I have no idea what video it could have been, although if I were to guess, it would be the video Queen - Breakthru, which features a train, as the scenery wasn’t a million miles away to the way the scenery looked in the area where I lived at that time.

Maybe someone knows where Breakthru was filmed ?

I'd definitely want to meet him. I look up to him as a musician and think he's the best. So a handshake and an autograph and hopefully a little of his greatness transfers lol

I actually thought I'd meet him earlier in 2010 in Toronto. I came across a hotel with a bunch of people with Gnr stuff signed before the show. The band members had left for the show and signed stuff but Axl was still there (if anyone remembers the Toronto show was quite late-started around 11:30pm I think). So I hung out hoping to catch a quick meeting and autograph as well. In the end Fernando came out and told us that they were running too late for Axl to stop but arranged for the hotel concierge to take all the loot to be autographed and that Axl would sign it in his room some time over the weekend for us to pick up later.

I thought that was awesome but in the end nothing got signed and it was quite disappointing.

My guess would be that Axl didn't know the stuff was there but on the other hand the people waiting turned out to be "autograph hunters" rather than fans. Maybe Fernando could tell and told Axl not to bother! Though the staff was quite opposed to us leaving anything and Fernando made them give in.

Those autograph hunters were a bunch of wieners. Just trying to sell a bunch of stuff on ebay.

I am pretty jealous of the lucky stories I've read on here about meeting Axl in 2010 in Canada! Sounds like he was pretty cool!

Other then him talking about mick, what does Axl talk about? Joke about?

Sorry, I can't think of anything more specific to answer your questions. My memory is a little sketchy due to all the drinking. We were basically drinking from the late afternoon to the early morning. Plus, we (my friend and I) were at a nightclub when we met Axl. It was real loud as nighclubs are. LOL

I wouldn't want to chat with him really because I wouldn't expect him to listen to me or care. I just would love to have my photo taken with him and an autograph.

Interesting point some of you mentioned. Meeting Axl in a non fan way. Now that would be cool because he does come across as a really cool guy who you'd like to be friends with.

Other then him talking about mick, what does Axl talk about? Joke about?

Sorry, I can't think of anything more specific to answer your questions. My memory is a little sketchy due to all the drinking. We were basically drinking from the late afternoon to the early morning. Plus, we (my friend and I) were at a nightclub when we met Axl. It was real loud as nighclubs are. LOL

witch nightclub or what part of MTL was it?

I met him a few times in 07. The first time was at a party in his Suit in Adeliade. he walked into the kitchen while Dizzy and I were doing shots of Jager. I ask him if he wanted one. He laughed and said he Nah I'm cool.

Later that night/morning I was drinking corona from an esky, Axl waked past looking in the other esky for a beer, I said to him the coronas were in this esky, he said thanks. After I walked away, I realised the esky i was bludging beers from had a sign on it reading "Axl Rose's personal Dressing room esky". I shit myself after that a decided just to drink whatever was in the other esky. HAHA.

I then "officially" met him a week later in brisbane, at a 2nd party backstage. I finally introduced myself and shook his hand. That was about 5 minutes before I had an arguement with Baz over a bottle of wine.

Then I spoke to him again a few times at a Party in Sydney after the final show of the Aus leg of the tour.

I was really nervous meeting him the first 3 times but after that it was pretty fucking awesome. He is actually very funny. Loves a laugh.

I met Baz a couple of years ago (He has been an idol of mine for many years) and was so not disappointed at all, he was very gracious and found it funny that we hung shit on him coz there was a chick there hanging off him like a bad smell..

I can honestly say it was one of the best nights of my life...I'm guessing meeting Axl would be very much the same..

They are just people....very talented people but just people all the same and I guess if you expect more than you get from them, you will be disappointed no matter what...

I met him a few times in 07. The first time was at a party in his Suit in Adeliade. he walked into the kitchen while Dizzy and I were doing shots of Jager. I ask him if he wanted one. He laughed and said he Nah I'm cool.

Later that night/morning I was drinking corona from an esky, Axl waked past looking in the other esky for a beer, I said to him the coronas were in this esky, he said thanks. After I walked away, I realised the esky i was bludging beers from had a sign on it reading "Axl Rose's personal Dressing room esky". I shit myself after that a decided just to drink whatever was in the other esky. HAHA.

I then "officially" met him a week later in brisbane, at a 2nd party backstage. I finally introduced myself and shook his hand. That was about 5 minutes before I had an arguement with Baz over a bottle of wine.

Then I spoke to him again a few times at a Party in Sydney after the final show of the Aus leg of the tour.

I was really nervous meeting him the first 3 times but after that it was pretty fucking awesome. He is actually very funny. Loves a laugh.

Do you work for GNR or something?