With all the rumors I could tell, Some things didn't work so well

ITW 2012

doesnt make any sense, some may feel chinese democracy failed commercially, but CDII is basically guaranteed to go top 1-5 in US, Europe, SA, everywhere basically. regardless of CD's numbers the next one's a guaranteed hit compared to the record company's usual prospects.

Agreed. No business is going to turn down money. They could spend zero on promotion and it'll still be top 10 on the charts worldwide.

Only thing that would make sense to me is UMG thinks they can make more money off it later then they can now.

They simply aren't just gonna say "new GNR album, nah we pass."

That is if this is true, and that's a big if.

It's definitely an interesting situation they're in right now. Even if what MSL said is true (which I kinda doubt), I could understand the label being unsure how to release/promote the thing after the whole Chinese Democracy ordeal.

not to ask a stupid question, but:

is gnr even affiliated with UMG anymore?

if it was turned in we'd heard something about it.

or we'd be having leaks again.

it's unstoppable

And I can see that axl might want to release a new album soon... but in the middle of the tour when they haven't even started to tour...

wouldn't it be right for them to release it in the states and tour after it in the states?

it's unstoppable

And I can see that axl might want to release a new album soon... but in the middle of the tour when they haven't even started to tour...

wouldn't it be right for them to release it in the states and tour after it in the states?

This leg of the tour is only a couple of weeks according to the dates posted on this site. After that they don't play till the end of August; and even then it's only a couple of UK festival dates. Getting a new song out for the Summer would be a good idea. They need to build a little hype for an American tour.

Edited by ITW 2012

I heard MSL said that CD II (or whatever it's called) has been turned in. He also said that the record company isn't interested in promoting a new GNR album at this time. Where does this leave things? Is it time to hire a private eye? Perhaps we should be calling the record company. What can we do as a fan base to get CD II released?

it was released with hardly any promo last time, 5 million copies isn't bad going given that lol!

Seriously, no need to spend stupid amounts on promo, use the power of technology, the power of the viral internet!

one good song leaked - many news articles worldwide reviews....... release album, a few axl interviews in high profile mags, that would be enough and certainly as effective as cd 1.

If the record company wont pay for promo then they will have to find other ways.

The next album is going to NEED promo to sell, CD sold because of 14 years of rumours and hype. Everyone knew about it and wanted to hear what the hell Axl had been doing. Now they have to go on the music alone, it's going to be a tough sell.

I don't know what their record deal situation is but they should sell direct off a website and/or distribute Cds through a smaller label like NIN did for their last couple of albums.

Edited by eggers

The next album is going to NEED promo to sell, CD sold because of 14 years of rumours and hype. Everyone knew about it and wanted to hear what the hell Axl had been doing. Now they have to go on the music alone, it's going to be a tough sell.

I don't know what their record deal situation is but they should sell direct off a website and/or distribute Cds through a smaller label like NIN did for their last couple of albums.

Exactly :thumbsup:

Even without the promotion the next album could be #1 in South America, but to reach the top10 in the USA, then the new album needs much more promotion than Chinese Democracy.

Chinese democracy has sold more than 3 million copies and shipped more than 5 million copies.without promotion..ıt has sold and shipped more than metallica's death magnetic ,U2'S last album ..etc..so record company wants to release a new album..ıf they don't want,they're not clever...

It's definitely an interesting situation they're in right now. Even if what MSL said is true (which I kinda doubt), I could understand the label being unsure how to release/promote the thing after the whole Chinese Democracy ordeal.

Agreed. Axl was completely MIA during Chinese Democracy's release, so I could see some hesitation from the powers that be in regards to how to market this album.

As far as MSL and the July release rumor, I'm going to let myself get excited about this. Why? Because, say what you will about him, he's never made any claims like this just to watch the GNR fans freak out. As always, until it's denied by someone credible, there's no harm in getting excited over good news. :D

it's unstoppable

This leg of the tour is only a couple of weeks according to the dates posted on this site. After that they don't play till the end of August; and even then it's only a couple of UK festival dates. Getting a new song out for the Summer would be a good idea. They need to build a little hype for an American tour.

Dont forget reading and leeds!

It would make complete sense to tour europe partially, then release a new song/ album,

then headline one of the biggest music festivals in the world, with an audience watching live on tv.

They then could tour the US.

it's unstoppable

Dont forget reading and leeds!

It would make complete sense to tour europe partially, then release a new song/ album,

then headline one of the biggest music festivals in the world, with an audience watching live on tv.

They then could tour the US.

Awesome.

Chinese democracy has sold more than 3 million copies and shipped more than 5 million copies.without promotion..ıt has sold and shipped more than metallica's death magnetic ,U2'S last album ..etc..so record company wants to release a new album..ıf they don't want,they're not clever...

That is wrong.

In January 2009 Death Magnetic had sold 4 million copies so that was 16 months ago.

No Line On The Horizon has sold over 5 million copies worldwide in June last year so thats almost 12 months ago.

So both of those albums have outsold CD especially if you take into account the sales since over the last year since the last numbers were in.

I heard MSL said that CD II (or whatever it's called) has been turned in. He also said that the record company isn't interested in promoting a new GNR album at this time. Where does this leave things? Is it time to hire a private eye? Perhaps we should be calling the record company. What can we do as a fan base to get CD II released?

haha, yea right. Dream on.