DIzzy and Ashba confirms New album being written

-Sephiroth-

I know many fans are sceptical, they wwant the old band back, but as soon as they hear us live they shut up (Dizzy Reed).

[Dizzy Reed] is no longer on speaking terms with Slash and the others from the classical period. And he apparently don't miss the lifestyle either.

Oh - I'm sure he "doesn't miss the lifestyle". I mean, what would there be to miss about being in the biggest rock band in the world, having shit tons of money, chicks, and drugs at your disposal. I'm sure playing half filled arenas with a tribute band is equally as rewarding. Wasn't this jackass homeless sometime in 08/09?

Get over yourself, Dizzy. You are obviously a desperate pawn who now resorts to massive ass-kissing because you know damn well Axl could replace you with just about anyone with a pulse. The fact that this guy tries to sell us that "things are better now" is beyond laughable. Oh, and no offense to Dizzy, but somehow I doubt that one of the most legendary guitarists of our time cares about what some nobody keyboardist thinks about him.

Did Dizzy play on Appetite For Destruction? Ya know, the album that made GNR famous. No - I don't think he did. If I was him, I'd just keep my mouth shut about what is or what's not better. Enjoy your half filled arenas, zero commercial appeal, and flying coach while your "boss" takes the corporate jet, you stooge.

Relax BBA :rofl-lol: , enjoy your life. I'm sure Dizzy is enjoying his :thumbsup:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is certainly possible for a person to enjoy a lifestyle 20 years ago and not like it 20 years later. Especially when it involves drugs and women. Same as people who do a lot of stupid stuff as a teenager and grow up. Something like that shouldn't turn into a "fuck you Dizzy" for maturing a little.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I know many fans are sceptical, they wwant the old band back, but as soon as they hear us live they shut up (Dizzy Reed).

[Dizzy Reed] is no longer on speaking terms with Slash and the others from the classical period. And he apparently don't miss the lifestyle either.

Oh - I'm sure he "doesn't miss the lifestyle". I mean, what would there be to miss about being in the biggest rock band in the world, having shit tons of money, chicks, and drugs at your disposal. I'm sure playing half filled arenas with a tribute band is equally as rewarding. Wasn't this jackass homeless sometime in 08/09?

Get over yourself, Dizzy. You are obviously a desperate pawn who now resorts to massive ass-kissing because you know damn well Axl could replace you with just about anyone with a pulse. The fact that this guy tries to sell us that "things are better now" is beyond laughable. Oh, and no offense to Dizzy, but somehow I doubt that one of the most legendary guitarists of our time cares about what some nobody keyboardist thinks about him.

Did Dizzy play on Appetite For Destruction? Ya know, the album that made GNR famous. No - I don't think he did. If I was him, I'd just keep my mouth shut about what is or what's not better. Enjoy your half filled arenas, zero commercial appeal, and flying coach while your "boss" takes the corporate jet, you stooge.

:heart:

I don't know if this is good news or not. If an album is due in 2011 it would be great news. But we all know that Axl can't release so much as a fart unless it is of perfect pitch and length. Although, it could be argued that he let quite a stinker go in 2008.

that part of the interview he is clearly talking about in terms of his health , that seems he had to hange some of his habits to feel better .Is probably true ..people change with time and i dont think with his age now he can keep on doing many of the things he did back then like drinking non stop and etc ...a body cant handle all those damages for so long .

About the rest ,would be pretty stupid to not stand up for the band he is part of now , dont you think ? I mean he has to believe in his work or else there would be no point in him being there .

Even if you dont believe he trully means those words would it make sence/be rational if he had a different public opinion ? You cant possibly want him to come and bash his own band and work :unsure: thats why i dont see his words as him trying to please Axl or trying to fool the fans ...its the behaviour you would expect . Plus, more to that Axl ass kissing thing , from the things we hear i would say they always seemed to get along so maybe ...just maybe he trully likes working with him . :unsure:

I don't want to appear overly clichéd in this instance, but you can have all the money, success, women etc. etc. and still lack substance, integrity as well as meaning. Isn't it great taking all the drugs there is and having intercourse with every sexually transmitted disease ridden tramp but then in later years be incapable of stringing a sentence together and touch your own nether region? There's nothing “glamorous” about not being able to take a piss comfortably in the morning. Oh and there's nothing old school or glamorous about playing sold-out venues week in week out, it's means your commercialized and conformed, the very reason why Izzy Stradlin packed it in.

I think you'll find Dizzy Reed is of value to Guns N' Roses, at least with Dizzy you can relate to the “old” band to a certain extent. Almost every report mentions Axl the sole “original” member, having Dizzy there again creates a sense of familiarity. Dizzy contributed to four great tracks on “Chinese Democracy” the album, “Better”, “Street Of Dreams”, “There Was A Time” and “Catcher In The Rye”. Who doesn't ensure the happiness of a dominant member within a band? Are you trying to suggest members of Metallica don't pay homage to Lars Ulrich?

Well what did Slash Hudson do for “Appetite For Destruction”? I'll tell you what, the same guitar riff for every track on there, other guitarists laughed at him back then. “The album made Guns N' Roses famous”, yes, yes, yes, same old, you don't say Einstein? The album was full of drinking, drugs and women, of course it appealed to the U.S.A, the love, hurt and realism of “Chinese Democracy” wouldn't however. I accept your request to enjoy reality, I will say this however, let Slash Hudson sell-out to every capitalist industry there is, let Slash Hudson make records with zero meaning, let Slash Hudson constantly play the non-music channels like M.T.V and what not, let Slash be a commercial item used for his novelty and not his skill, let him!

Poor Dizzy. It was cool that he was interviewed. If he isn't on speaking terms with Slash maybe they just lost contact and didn't have a falling out. I don't know anything and I'm not implying they did. Did any of the members other than Axl take to Dizzy when he joined? Izzy mentioned him briefly in an interview before Rock in Rio 1991. It's on youtube somewhere.

I wonder what it would be like if Axl and Dizzy clashed. I don't think Dizzy is the lapdog he has been made out to be but then again I don't know.

I think it would be cool if Axl was interviewed again anytime soon and he mentioned the guys he works with and tells us stories about them.

Poor Dizzy. It was cool that he was interviewed. If he isn't on speaking terms with Slash maybe they just lost contact and didn't have a falling out. I don't know anything and I'm not implying they did. Did any of the members other than Axl take to Dizzy when he joined? Izzy mentioned him briefly in an interview before Rock in Rio 1991. It's on youtube somewhere.

I wonder what it would be like if Axl and Dizzy clashed. I don't think Dizzy is the lapdog he has been made out to be but then again I don't know.

I think it would be cool if Axl was interviewed again anytime soon and he mentioned the guys he works with and tells us stories about them.

Axl was the only one of the old band to treat Dizzy with any respect. Slash mentioned in his book that the guys picked on him mercilessly, that he was the "Ronnie Wood" of GN'R.

My belief is that Dizzy's loyalty is at least partly born out of Axl's support of him and push to get him into the band back in the day when Slash and/or the others were opposed to adding a keyboard/piano player.

Ali

"I know many fans are sceptical, they wwant the old band back, but as soon as they hear us live they shut up (Dizzy Reed)."

Not true. I have seen the new band plenty of times and I definately want the old band back. And if they were to come back, Dizzy Reed would not be needed.

+1

Dizzy Reed was always an extra. There to play piano when maybe Axl didn't want to. Part of the bloated UYI days.

I have always had my doubts that Dizzy was even plugged in during the UYI era tours.

Also..as I've said before, it needs to sound like original Guns N Roses this time. Radio won't accept it otherwise.

Maybe so, but this band will NEVER sound like the old band. Unless there's a reunion it's simply not possible.

With respect to musicianship however, I'd take Bucket over Ashba any day. Just get Ron to re-do Robin's parts and the album will be spectacular.

Also I don't believe for a second that Axl is producing an entirely new album in a short time frame. Whatever we do get will be mostly based on the CD sessions IMO.

Edited by ashysdad

And that's exactly what NEEDS to be done. Giving everyone a 10 year old album and advertising it as "new" is lame beyond lame. If he wants to release those old songs go ahead and do it as a special release for the hard core fans but the follow up album needs to be brand new and leak free.

oh shut up. new music is new music, doesn't matter the origin. you just look for things to pick on with everything GnR.

Also..as I've said before, it needs to sound like original Guns N Roses this time. Radio won't accept it otherwise.

GnR's sound has evolved, its going to sound the way it sounds. You will always have your AFD to listen to.