DIzzy and Ashba confirms New album being written

-Sephiroth-

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An album being written, as in: they are working on an album as we speak? Fuck me sideways upsidedown hell yeah!!!! rock3

Tentative release date March 6, 2011 starts now!*&!^!!!^!%!$#!!!! ;)

But seriously, I hope they come up with some good party rockers, now that everybody in the band seems to be having fun again. The CD material is brilliant, but some of it may be a bit too heart heavy for live shows.

wow honestly i really hope they are not making new material for the entire next album, first of all you have the time constraint of it which even in the best case scenario would be too long, but more importantly how can they just decide to throw away all the previous magical Chinese era material for the next album? Like yea maybe albums after lets say this second one they could release it but it just seems wisest to put out finished or 90%+ finished material that is aged as is ........ i want atlas shrugged Axl :(

Edited by amacfantasy

I'm calling it, Nintari next to be banned because of being an annoyance. CD FTW old band SUCKS!!!

Are you crazy.

Nintari is the best poster on this board. He/She is the only reason I read discussion and news anymore...well since they got rid of Gnr-dave and John Bonham.

If Nintari goes, I think I might just not renew my subscription.

John Bonham got banned?

Still needs Bucket.

This is essentially what it comes down to. The Bucket material will shit all over any Ashba material - fact.

If the CD sessions are scrapped to be replaced with Dizzy/Ashba shite, well then...

do-not-want-dog.jpg

DJ working on a Guns album - great news! :D

So are they making one from scratch as 'being written' implies they are. Which begs the question will any more Chinese Democracy era stuff be released?

It is great news that the new band that seem to be having fun together can inspire Axl to get in the studio and start working on some new material.

I cannot imagine that Axl would scrap the songs from the Democracy sessions.

I would imagine that parts would be re-recorded and some songs completely overhauled, but any song worth keeping will be kept.

Of course I would say there would be some casualties if the new band write better material

Axl seemed to say on the chats on here that there was not as much material floating around as Bach said, and that they could probably get another album out of it.

I guess, to me, that implied that there was enough songs "started" to get an album together, but it was by no means finished.

I imagine that IF (massive IF) a new record will come out it will be roughly 50% songs from CD sessions and 50% new songs. How much bucket, robin etc... remain on the CD songs is anyones guess.

But I would imagine that if Buckets stuff is awesome it will stay. Axl seems to do what's best for the song so whatever is best will end up on the song*.

Of course people will mention the catcher solo from Brian May, but if you put the Brian solo on the new song it wouldn't work. The real argument there was should the song have sounded more like the demo, but for the actual song that developed from the demo, the ron solo suited it better.

LP

What happened to the three album concept? I know that it was never really confirmed but I thought they had a ton of songs to release...why write new ones?

Bolded the keyword, Axl himself said Baz exaggerated over how many songs there were and we have never been sure how many there were left to release. And I for one think that new material would flow more naturally than the cut and paste nature of CD.

They should write new ones because this is the best lineup of new GNR, in terms of them all getting along with each other etc. The chemistry is excellent. They need to write a freshly inspired hard rock record. They need to leave the old energy of the old lineups for now, and focus on the new. The old material was the result of like 15 years or more of intense emotional drama, expectations, failures etc.

While I want to hear all the other material, and I hope we will, I don't know if it's the best idea to release it now. Sometimes it's better to scrap everything and start fresh.

With the old material, we have a ton of different musicians, different lineups, different energies, differing voice qualities from Axl etc. If they were to go into the studio and re record that material with the new line up, it could be great. But, the process of re recording and making changes, and different interpretations etc is time consuming and energy zapping.

We have a hungry band that now seems to be a solid unit that gets along well. Instead of subjecting them to old material, where they have to play and record other people's ideas, they should be allowed to write and record their own record. The band sounds great, Axl sounds great, and if they go in and record a fresh rock album sounding great, they are going to give people what they want.

CD was a great album, but it should have been like the new GNR's Use Your Illusion. They should have done a hard rock record like Appetite first to suck people in, and then lay the deep heavy stuff on them once they are fans and expecting it. Then CD would have been understood and appreciated more. That's my opinion.

Remind me when you're a mod. Until then, save it.

Does this board have those?

T: :thumbsup:

yep :thumbsup:

John Bonham got banned?

nope

i suggest you ALL get back on topic! remember that this is a thread about how the NEW ALBUM is confirmed as 'being written', not the "argue about ChiDem sales" thread.

+1

+2

Maybe they can give away all the Bucket and Robin stuff to us for free online while we wait for them to finish a new album with DJ.

And that's exactly what NEEDS to be done. Giving everyone a 10 year old album and advertising it as "new" is lame beyond lame. If he wants to release those old songs go ahead and do it as a special release for the hard core fans but the follow up album needs to be brand new and leak free.

Also..as I've said before, it needs to sound like original Guns N Roses this time. Radio won't accept it otherwise.

Edited by Nintari

I have translated some other parts of the "interview" for AFD:

Here are some excerpts from the "interview" that was printed in the Bergen newspaper BA on May 31:

- [Axl] will probably come to the sound check before the concert, says his personal friend and and the band's legendary road manager, Del James.

- Guns N' Roses then and now is very different. The band is more tight now and the musicians probably even better (Dizzy Reed).

- I know many fans are sceptical, they wwant the old band back, but as soon as they hear us live they shut up (Dizzy Reed).

[Dizzy Reed] is no longer on speaking terms with Slash and the others from the classical period. And he apparently don't miss the lifestyle either.

- I smoke, as you can see, so I am obviously not a total health freak. And we haven't forgotten how to party. But I am more healthy now. I looked at myself in the mirror after a tour and realized I had to change. I started running (Dizzy Reed).

- Very good. He has never been better vocally (Dizzy Reed commenting on Axl's shape).

- Axl wanted me in the band earlier, but I was too busy. One day I was told they really wanted me in the band. They had tested lots of guitarists, apparently a brutal process. So I came and took the job (Dj Ashba explains with a smile).

- To be part of the heritage of Guns N' Roses is incredible. I was a big fan of the original band. I just smile and have a lot of fun (Dj Ashba).

From: http://gunsnroses.lefora.com/2010/06/01/interview-with-dj-dizzy-and-del-in-ba/

I know many fans are sceptical, they wwant the old band back, but as soon as they hear us live they shut up (Dizzy Reed).

[Dizzy Reed] is no longer on speaking terms with Slash and the others from the classical period. And he apparently don't miss the lifestyle either.

Oh - I'm sure he "doesn't miss the lifestyle". I mean, what would there be to miss about being in the biggest rock band in the world, having shit tons of money, chicks, and drugs at your disposal. I'm sure playing half filled arenas with a tribute band is equally as rewarding. Wasn't this jackass homeless sometime in 08/09?

Get over yourself, Dizzy. You are obviously a desperate pawn who now resorts to massive ass-kissing because you know damn well Axl could replace you with just about anyone with a pulse. The fact that this guy tries to sell us that "things are better now" is beyond laughable. Oh, and no offense to Dizzy, but somehow I doubt that one of the most legendary guitarists of our time cares about what some nobody keyboardist thinks about him.

Did Dizzy play on Appetite For Destruction? Ya know, the album that made GNR famous. No - I don't think he did. If I was him, I'd just keep my mouth shut about what is or what's not better. Enjoy your half filled arenas, zero commercial appeal, and flying coach while your "boss" takes the corporate jet, you stooge.

I know many fans are sceptical, they wwant the old band back, but as soon as they hear us live they shut up (Dizzy Reed).

Oh - I'm sure he "doesn't miss the lifestyle". I mean, what would there be to miss about being in the biggest rock band in the world, having shit tons of money, chicks, and drugs at your disposal. I'm sure playing half filled arenas with a tribute band is equally as rewarding. Wasn't this jackass homeless sometime in 08/09?

Get over yourself, Dizzy. You are obviously a desperate pawn who now resorts to massive ass-kissing because you know damn well Axl could replace you with just about anyone with a pulse. The fact that this guy tries to sell us that "things are better now" is beyond laughable. Oh, and no offense to Dizzy, but somehow I doubt that one of the most legendary guitarists of our time cares about what some nobody keyboardist thinks about him.

Did Dizzy play on Appetite For Destruction? Ya know, the album that made GNR famous. No - I don't think he did. If I was him, I'd just keep my mouth shut about what is or what's not better. Enjoy your half filled arenas, zero commercial appeal, and flying coach while your "boss" takes the corporate jet, you stooge.

Well, to be fair, if you were asked questions about YOUR boss...would you not paint your nose brown?

Edited by Nintari

Somewhere, there is a man with a butterfly net and a tranquilizer gun looking for you.