Do you think Axl should bring Izzy back to help write the new album?

ITW 2012

Please get over bucket versus slash

It's all subjective and they both have VERY different styles and plus points / weak points.

There is no right answer to who is best and it's a pointless thing to argue about.

Let's say you "win" and everyone agrees you're right. What then? Nothing.

It's a pointless argument that you can't win and even if you did it means fuck all.

LP

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please get over bucket versus slash

It's all subjective and they both have VERY different styles and plus points / weak points.

There is no right answer to who is best and it's a pointless thing to argue about.

Let's say you "win" and everyone agrees you're right. What then? Nothing.

It's a pointless argument that you can't win and even if you did it means fuck all.

LP

thats been my point all along.

except bucket doesn't have any weak points :fuckyou:

Bucket is the Hendrix of his generation.

Why has hardly anyone heard of him then? If he didn't 'piggy-back' on the coat-tails of GNR and Slash's success, even fewer people would have heard of him. Yet posters of Hendrix adorn student walls all over the globe, decades after his death...

Hardly the Hendrix of his generation......

Edited by LA_0013

Why has hardly anyone heard of him then? If he didn't 'piggy-back' on the coat-tails of GNR and Slash's success, even fewer people would have heard of him. Yet posters of Hendrix adorn student walls all over the globe, decades after his death...

Hardly the Hendrix of his generation......

Then is Hendrix the Hendrix of all generations following the original Hendrix generation? Also, where's Izzy? :shrugs:

I just don't understand witch "all areas" you are talking about. OK, so he can play faster and is more technical skilled, but Slash plays more from the heart. But who cares really? Do I? I'm not really sure right now, this weed really got me by the balls :rofl-lol:

i can 100% appreciate that. we have found some common ground. its a start.

is it an objective truth that slash has more heart in his playing than bucket? not at all. the majority will pick slash, i understand, but thats personal preference, there are those who would pick bucket, you might not believe it but its true. you would be surprised. i know one of the major slash cupcakes here has admitted to me in private that they think bucket > slash. you dont have to believe me, im not mentioning names, but its true. the 'bucket has no soul' thing is entirely a myth. he has some of the most heartfelt songs / solos ive ever heard. not just one or two, but entire albums. he typically releases 4-5 albums a year .you cant put out that much material just making "nintendo noises"

its not just preferring bucket. i think slash is overrated. die hard slash fans just cant accept that some people flat out dont like slash, period. in your mind he is so awesome, he is impossible not to like. well, there are a ton of people out there who think original gnr are lame. im a fan myself, i love original guns, velvet revolver was great, for the most part. but when it comes down to it, ill take bucket any day of the week. no hesitation.

its just a personal preference. i understand where you are coming from, your opinion and reasoning is valid. but its not objective truth.

its like one person saying south park is their favorite cartoon of all time, and another saying they are wrong and the simpsons is the best of all time. you are in no position to tell someone whats best, or what they should prefer. i realize we all come off that way from time to time, my own comment of "bucket blows slash out of the water" is guilty of this. we have to remember everything on here is IMO, so i somewhat take that back, im not saying bucket is better than slash, im saying i think bucket is better than slash. just to clear that up.

each to their own.

Agreed! Witch do you consider to be Bucketheads 5 best songs? Maybe I have just heard the wrong songs.

I remember izzy stating a few years back that axl had called him wanting his permission to use a song entitled "down by the ocean." anyone on this board who fails to recognize izzys importance as it pertains to guns is a moron! it was axl after all who followed izzy out to LA to make a go of their mutual dream of succeeding in the music industry. granted axl abilities and charisma helped take guns to another level, it was izzys songwriting prowess and ability to have axl's respect that made them a great songwriting duo. if axl shall ever be open to having izzy help write a new album we should b grateful. izzy is the one person who will tell axl how it is and has axls respect. its a shame the two of them haven't taken their childhood dreams even further. if axl were willing to work with izzy on future endeavors, we could only b so lucky! P.S. the person who posted paul huge is a proven songwriter and shall suffice as it pertains to the writing of a new guns album, should have their fan card revoked! izzy is a proven commodity! nothing against paul but the track record isnt there.

How many years have they known each other?

axl and izzy have known each other since early high school like 1977 or 78

Edited by axl1962

Just cos someone is on a load of poster doesn't mean much. If you're talking generations maybe Bucket is like the Hendrix equivalent, but Hendrix has it for all time. Can't think of anyone as weird as Bucket on such a mainstream album as CD.

Just cos someone is on a load of poster doesn't mean much. If you're talking generations maybe Bucket is like the Hendrix equivalent, but Hendrix has it for all time. Can't think of anyone as weird as Bucket on such a mainstream album as CD.

So basically, you're saying that every rock guitarist after him emulated his style?

:rofl-lol:

Totally, I think Axl shoudl work with Izzy again, writing songs and performing. GN'R is Axl + Izzy the rest have been great musicians, great partners but they're just additional memebers that pulish what Axl and Izzy created.

Axl and Izzy, plus Bucket or Robin or any otehr great musician would've created amazing music.

"I would love to write a rock album with Izzy and Axl,,, it just makes way to much sense and, thats the reason it will never happen, it just makes too much sense. I think he is crazy, he thinks I am crazy, Izzy thinks we are both crazy and I think thats why it would be killer. GOOD ART COMES FROM CRAZY PEOPLE , unfortunately so do bad decisions" ...

this is a quote from TRACII GUNS here's the link : http://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?p=4764309#p4764309

Bucket has has absolutely no influence on popular culture at all. I don't even think sales at KFC have increased due to Buckethead.

KFC sales went up though. I wasn't really looking at the influence cultural impact, mainly because that is sort of fickle/era dependent. I was just looking at it more objectively. Here's two guitarists who have a real experimental side but then where also in mainstream. Not too many about. Ok, it's not the 60s and Call of Duty 2 sold 20 million copies, but if you send Bucket back to 1968 I'm sure he'd hook up with John and Yoko and if Hendrix was around today he'd probably wouldn't have as much impact as Justin Bieber on mainstream culture. I wasn't saying Bucket was better than Hendrix or sold more magazine covers. Just that they have some smilarities. don't blame the guitar player, blame the generation. Bucketdrix.

but if you send Bucket back to 1968 I'm sure he'd hook up with John and Yoko and if Hendrix

But without Hendrix you likely wouldn't have Eddie Van Halen and without him, there's no Buckethead. That's my point here. Hendrix practically invented modern rock guitar. Buckethead didn't do that. Rock guitarists don't sound like Bucket. He had absolutely NO influence on modern music.

So to say Buckethead is Hendrix is a massive inaccuracy.

Do you think Axl should bring Izzy back to help write the new album? I think it would be a smart move to bring back the guy that Axl wrote some of his best material with. Plus, this band could use a proven songwriter, other than Axl. Yes, I know DJ wrote a hit with Sixx AM, but Life Is Beautiful wouldn't work as a GNR song.

Axl should just bring back BLUES

Do you think Axl should bring Izzy back to help write the new album? I think it would be a smart move to bring back the guy that Axl wrote some of his best material with. Plus, this band could use a proven songwriter, other than Axl. Yes, I know DJ wrote a hit with Sixx AM, but Life Is Beautiful wouldn't work as a GNR song.

Axl should just bring back BLUES

Blues based rockand roll...so long ago so far away...

it started in the 90's when "industrial" was all the rage in that post grunge era...Axl took his shot at that sound and it wasnt original band GNRs cup of tea. I beleive it was Slash that said nothing worked because the sound Axl was reaching for wasn't the meat and potatoes of what GNR started out to be. Simply put there is not going to be a another Sweet Child or another Welcome to the Jungle

It wasnt the sound they had developed when they were clubbing trying to make a name for themselves. For me the GNR i signed onto in 1987 was a blues based rock and roll band. That being said this new sound and players is interesting enough given the dismal scene of rock and roll bands out there today.

but if you send Bucket back to 1968 I'm sure he'd hook up with John and Yoko and if Hendrix

But without Hendrix you likely wouldn't have Eddie Van Halen and without him, there's no Buckethead. That's my point here. Hendrix practically invented modern rock guitar. Buckethead didn't do that. Rock guitarists don't sound like Bucket. He had absolutely NO influence on modern music.

So to say Buckethead is Hendrix is a massive inaccuracy.

I understand that without Hendrix the lineage would have changed, I'm not going to nit pick and say there were other artists etc. My initial point was that Bucket is an extension of Hendrix in a way, he's an experimental guitarist for this era, we can't go back the rewrite time, but we shouldn't think that time stopped back in the 60s. But seeing as Bucket was in GNR, he had mainstream exposure. It's similar thing to Hendrix doing Hey Joe and wild experimental solos. No ones arguing Bucket more significant than Hendrix, well I'm not at this point lol

Again didn't say Bucket more important to rock than Hendrix. It's not the 60s, no guitarists are having that kind of impact anyway, there's a whole mythology of that time that you can buy into, I don't really but I'll bow down to it for an easy life. It's been done before, Bucket is a product of that. I was just think that in these times Bucket is like Hendrix, he's wild, he's experimental, but he's still in the mainstream with GNR, like Hendrix was, connecting with a pop audience as well. There's probably other guys out there but Bucket seemed to rise a few years back. Kids are knowing his stuff on Rock Band, that's pretty mainstream.

There's also a heavy Zappa influence to Bucket/Bumble? So it's not just Hendrix.

When I listen to Bucket solo stuff I hear somekind of Hendrix influence, it's darker and more twisted, but there's something special to it like Hendrix. especially live, it's like he can go anywhere.

Scraped is like Bucket's Manic Depression.

Guest axleu

"Do you think Axl should bring Izzy back to help write the new album?"

I adore Chinese democracy. So...no, Axl shouldn't bring Izzy back to help write the new album.

WTF??? Why the hell don't you want Izzy back? :fuckyou:

Guns N' Roses - Izzy = Guns N' Roses without a heart. Simple as that.

yeah well bucket has a stainless steel robot heart and thats infinitely better. it wont quit and or rust.

Yeah, well he's not in the band either.

yeah well bucket has a stainless steel robot heart and thats infinitely better. it wont quit and or rust.

that is quite right. no way around it. just quite right.

Someone with a broadly connective soul is way more impactful than a anti-morale machine. In an business where it's vital to latch onto the public's emotions, that is. Hasn't history proved this already?

Edited by JesusisSavior

that is quite right. no way around it. just quite right.

uuuhm no, thats not quite right. you do know that he is not in the band anymore? which means that he did infact quit...