Do you think Axl should bring Izzy back to help write the new album?

ITW 2012

Buckethead, for all of his shredding brilliance, is a commercial failure. Izzy writes songs that EVERYONE likes. That pretty much means that those who vote no for this thread, vote no for Axl's success as he's never been successful without him.

Yeah dude, Izzy's ripping up those charts right now.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll decide when I hear Down By The Ocean.

here you go

Everyone assumes 'down by the ocean' is and Izzy song that new gn'r are working on. That's just speculation, all Axl did was confirm the song title and the song as one of Izzy's, he didn't say they were doing it - this is surely the song.

sounds too much like Sweet Home Alabama.

On topic, I'm sure Izzy could bring some nice licks and stuff. I'd welcome his contributions, but would prefer mostly contributions from the current band members.

Buckethead, for all of his shredding brilliance, is a commercial failure. Izzy writes songs that EVERYONE likes. That pretty much means that those who vote no for this thread, vote no for Axl's success as he's never been successful without him.

Yeah dude, Izzy's ripping up those charts right now.

Obviously I was talking about his time in GNR. You know, Buckethead was in GNR too, and contributed some of his songs as well. How did that work out in comparison?

See, Izzy comes from the school of the Stones. Buckethead comes from the school of...well, himself. I think he's a brilliant artist and out of the everyone post original band, he's the only one I like and listen to, but that doesn't change the fact that his song writing is eccentric. Izzy writes universal shit...like the Beatles and Stones.

Having him back in GNR would only help Axl.

here you go

Everyone assumes 'down by the ocean' is and Izzy song that new gn'r are working on. That's just speculation, all Axl did was confirm the song title and the song as one of Izzy's, he didn't say they were doing it - this is surely the song.

Izzy said Axl wanted to "borrow" the riff in Down by the ocean.

Axl confirmed that Down by the ocean is a actual song in the chats.

it doesnt mean that this

is what GNR are working on. doesnt mean its not either.

here you go

Izzy said Axl wanted to "borrow" the riff in Down by the ocean.

Axl confirmed that Down by the ocean is a actual song in the chats.

it doesnt mean that this

is what GNR are working on. doesnt mean its not either.

When did Izzy say that? Not that I don't believe you, just be cool to read - never heard about that. I think Izzy borrowed the riff already, Skynrd?

WTF??? Why the hell don't you want Izzy back? :fuckyou:

Guns N' Roses - Izzy = Guns N' Roses without a heart. Simple as that.

yeah well bucket has a stainless steel robot heart and thats infinitely better. it wont quit and or rust.

Bucket is the shit! I wouldnt mind seeing Izzy co write some music with Axl.

well thats the only reason it might work, with the new gnr family.

ghost is the only slash song i have any interest in ever hearing again. i credit izzy.

Absolutely agree. I can't listen to much else on that album save for Ghost.

nah man, slash is the coolest, havent you heard?

jk bucket has like 15 solo albums that are all better than slash.

bucket blew slash out of the water in a number of areas. ok, all areas.

Wrong, Jackie Moon. Buckethead is technically good (better than Slash), but he has never written a riff or solo on the same level as Estranged or Sweet Child etc...

Even though I love his solo on TWAT, it is still in the little boys league when you compare it to Slash's best work. So I'm afraid you have no clue in that area, kiddo.

seige engine says GTFO. opinion of course, you dont have to agree seige engine is better than estranged, i dont expect you to. likewise, i dont have to agree estranged / sweet child are better than seige engine.

they arent.

Edited by Jackie Moon

well thats the only reason it might work, with the new gnr family.

ghost is the only slash song i have any interest in ever hearing again. i credit izzy.

Absolutely agree. I can't listen to much else on that album save for Ghost.

nah man, slash is the coolest, havent you heard?

jk bucket has like 15 solo albums that are all better than slash.

Wrong, Jackie Moon. Buckethead is technically good (better than Slash), but he has never written a riff or solo on the same level as Estranged or Sweet Child etc...

Even though I love his solo on TWAT, it is still in the little boys league when you compare it to Slash's best work. So I'm afraid you have no clue in that area, kiddo.

seige engine says GTFO. opinion of course, you dont have to agree seige engine is better than estranged, i dont expect you to. likewise, i dont have to agree estranged / sweet child are better than seige engine.

they arent.

OMG, just heard "seige engine", and it's AMAZING!! So much better than ALL of Slash's solos put together. This song will change music forever, why hasn't it yet? :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

:lol:

Sorry mate, but this has to be one of the most stupid statements I've read on this forum in a long time. How did Buckethead blow Slash out of the water in 'all areas' GNR related?? hahaha!

Buckethead is a mean guitar player. And he served his purpose in GNR for a few years. But that's where it ends..... Just because someone can drive a car fast as fuck, doesn't mean they know how to design an engine. If truth be told, Buckethead will probably be an insignificant bit-part in the history of music, admired by a select few, unknown by the majority. 'Less technical' players such as Slash, Hendrix, Jimmy Page, David Gilmour and Keith Richards will be remembered by most forever.

LA

I think the current guys in the band are more than capable of writing a great band. Ron is super creative and a guitar master. Whether you like his playing or not, he is a guitar master, and with the proper direction, can create just about anything. Ashba is very talented, and can write as well. I don't know much about Fortus, but he is a great guitar player too. Then you've got Pittman who is extremely talented who can write. Then you've got Tommy who can probably write as well. Not to mention Paul Huge, who is probably still on good terms with the band. That guy is an unrecognized genius. He wrote or co wrote most of CD.

Axl has assembled an amazing cast of musicians and now with Finck and Brain gone, it really appears that this lineup gets along and has great chemistry together. I think they don't need Izzy or anyone else.

I also don't think Ashba would have joined this band if they had no intention of writing a new album. He's had success and is in demand, so I don't see him going into a situation just to be a hired gun for touring purposes.

Guys, there will be another album, and I think it's going to come quickly. When you take away the super paranoid planning that must come when expectations are so high, you have some room to breathe. CD was an endless project. Axl returning and replacing the original GNR required a massive amount of planning. That burden is gone.

Now that the weight has been lifted, the whole attitude has changed.

The lineup is fresh. Bringing back Izzy isn't necessary. There's more than enough talent in that band already. These guys are so talented that Axl can tell them to come up with an Izzy style song, and they'd be able to do it, even though that wouldn't be a genuine way of doing things.

Exactly time for this new band to put a stamp on their style of music. Izzy has his style and its good stuff but its so basic . These guys are a bunch of Ferraris....let them out of the garage or stop making them drive 30 mph!

Sorry mate, but this has to be one of the most stupid statements I've read on this forum in a long time. How did Buckethead blow Slash out of the water in 'all areas' GNR related?? hahaha!

Buckethead is a mean guitar player. And he served his purpose in GNR for a few years. But that's where it ends..... Just because someone can drive a car fast as fuck, doesn't mean they know how to design an engine. If truth be told, Buckethead will probably be an insignificant bit-part in the history of music, admired by a select few, unknown by the majority. 'Less technical' players such as Slash, Hendrix, Jimmy Page, David Gilmour and Keith Richards will be remembered by most forever.

LA

Just what I was going to say :thumbsup:

Nobody really gives a fuck about Buckethead. unless you're a guitar wanker. His work won't stand the test of time.

LA

i didnt say 'all areas gnr related'. i said he blows him out of the water. thats just an opinion. bucket > slash, in general. sorry if you disagree. :shrugs:

so since he isnt wildly popular i cant like him? well shit. who is popular right now? people seem to like justin beiber, i guess he is musically superior to all.

OMG, just heard "seige engine", and it's AMAZING!! So much better than ALL of Slash's solos put together. This song will change music forever, why hasn't it yet? :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

remember that part where i said you didnt have to agree? thats key here. if you dont like seige engine, great, i dont give a fuck.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Jackie Moon

Lil Wayne is pretty popular right now. Maybe he can front VR.

i seriously bet he was asked.

doesnt he list gnr as an influence? he also did a rock album.

they could do its so easy except change it up to its so weezy.

im a genius.

LA

i didnt say 'all areas gnr related'. i said he blows him out of the water. thats just an opinion. bucket > slash, in general. sorry if you disagree. :shrugs:

so since he isnt wildly popular i cant like him? well shit. who is popular right now? people seem to like justin beiber, i guess he is musically superior to all.

remember that part where i said you didnt have to agree? thats key here. if you dont like seige engine, great, i dont give a fuck.

:thumbsup:

Actually I don't, but you probably did. Sometimes I just answer without really reading the post that well.

I just don't understand witch "all areas" you are talking about. OK, so he can play faster and is more technical skilled, but Slash plays more from the heart. But who cares really? Do I? I'm not really sure right now, this weed really got me by the balls :rofl-lol:

I just don't understand witch "all areas" you are talking about. OK, so he can play faster and is more technical skilled, but Slash plays more from the heart. But who cares really? Do I? I'm not really sure right now, this weed really got me by the balls :rofl-lol:

i can 100% appreciate that. we have found some common ground. its a start.

is it an objective truth that slash has more heart in his playing than bucket? not at all. the majority will pick slash, i understand, but thats personal preference, there are those who would pick bucket, you might not believe it but its true. you would be surprised. i know one of the major slash cupcakes here has admitted to me in private that they think bucket > slash. you dont have to believe me, im not mentioning names, but its true. the 'bucket has no soul' thing is entirely a myth. he has some of the most heartfelt songs / solos ive ever heard. not just one or two, but entire albums. he typically releases 4-5 albums a year .you cant put out that much material just making "nintendo noises"

its not just preferring bucket. i think slash is overrated. die hard slash fans just cant accept that some people flat out dont like slash, period. in your mind he is so awesome, he is impossible not to like. well, there are a ton of people out there who think original gnr are lame. im a fan myself, i love original guns, velvet revolver was great, for the most part. but when it comes down to it, ill take bucket any day of the week. no hesitation.

its just a personal preference. i understand where you are coming from, your opinion and reasoning is valid. but its not objective truth.

its like one person saying south park is their favorite cartoon of all time, and another saying they are wrong and the simpsons is the best of all time. you are in no position to tell someone whats best, or what they should prefer. i realize we all come off that way from time to time, my own comment of "bucket blows slash out of the water" is guilty of this. we have to remember everything on here is IMO, so i somewhat take that back, im not saying bucket is better than slash, im saying i think bucket is better than slash. just to clear that up.

each to their own.

Edited by Jackie Moon

I remember izzy stating a few years back that axl had called him wanting his permission to use a song entitled "down by the ocean." anyone on this board who fails to recognize izzys importance as it pertains to guns is a moron! it was axl after all who followed izzy out to LA to make a go of their mutual dream of succeeding in the music industry. granted axl abilities and charisma helped take guns to another level, it was izzys songwriting prowess and ability to have axl's respect that made them a great songwriting duo. if axl shall ever be open to having izzy help write a new album we should b grateful. izzy is the one person who will tell axl how it is and has axls respect. its a shame the two of them haven't taken their childhood dreams even further. if axl were willing to work with izzy on future endeavors, we could only b so lucky! P.S. the person who posted paul huge is a proven songwriter and shall suffice as it pertains to the writing of a new guns album, should have their fan card revoked! izzy is a proven commodity! nothing against paul but the track record isnt there.

Edited by axl1962

i can 100% appreciate that. we have found some common ground. its a start.

is it an objective truth that slash has more heart in his playing than bucket? not at all. the majority will pick slash, i understand, but thats personal preference, there are those who would pick bucket, you might not believe it but its true. you would be surprised. i know one of the major slash cupcakes here has admitted to me in private that they think bucket > slash. you dont have to believe me, im not mentioning names, but its true. the 'bucket has no soul' thing is entirely a myth. he has some of the most heartfelt songs / solos ive ever heard. not just one or two, but entire albums. he typically releases 4-5 albums a year .you cant put out that much material just making "nintendo noises"

its not just preferring bucket. i think slash is overrated. die hard slash fans just cant accept that some people flat out dont like slash, period. in your mind he is so awesome, he is impossible not to like. well, there are a ton of people out there who think original gnr are lame. im a fan myself, i love original guns, velvet revolver was great, for the most part. but when it comes down to it, ill take bucket any day of the week. no hesitation.

its just a personal preference. i understand where you are coming from, your opinion and reasoning is valid. but its not objective truth.

its like one person saying south park is their favorite cartoon of all time, and another saying they are wrong and the simpsons is the best of all time. you are in no position to tell someone whats best, or what they should prefer. i realize we all come off that way from time to time, my own comment of "bucket blows slash out of the water" is guilty of this. we have to remember everything on here is IMO, so i somewhat take that back, im not saying bucket is better than slash, im saying i think bucket is better than slash. just to clear that up.

each to their own.

Agreed! Witch do you consider to be Bucketheads 5 best songs? Maybe I have just heard the wrong songs.

I remember izzy stating a few years back that axl had called him wanting his permission to use a song entitled "down by the ocean." anyone on this board who fails to recognize izzys importance as it pertains to guns is a moron! it was axl after all who followed izzy out to LA to make a go of their mutual dream of succeeding in the music industry. granted axl abilities and charisma helped take guns to another level, it was izzys songwriting prowess and ability to have axl's respect that made them a great songwriting duo. if axl shall ever be open to having izzy help write a new album we should b grateful. izzy is the one person who will tell axl how it is and has axls respect. its a shame the two of them haven't taken their childhood dreams even further. if axl were willing to work with izzy on future endeavors, we could only b so lucky! P.S. the person who posted paul huge is a proven songwriter and shall suffice as it pertains to the writing of a new guns album, should have their fan card revoked! izzy is a proven commodity! nothing against paul but the track record isnt there.

How many years have they known each other?

Edited by Christian

not the best bucket song but this from an album ive been listening to a lot the last few days, its a fun song and its been great with the summer weather, just something to show buckets not just a shredder.

Edited by Jackie Moon