Happy 25th Birthday Guns N Roses

LaBellaVita

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 25th anniversary of Guns N' Roses won't be until January 1st, 2026.

It will be in 2034

Get it right.

Wrong. Guns N' Roses was born the day Buckethead first stepped on stage to play with Axl on January 1st, 2001 in Las Vegas.

Edited by bacardimayne

It will be in 2034

Get it right.

Wrong. Guns N' Roses was born the day Buckethead first stepped on stage to play with Axl on January 1st, 2001 in Las Vegas.

Sadly it was a very ugly baby, the nurses had never seen such a sight. The Bucket had morphed onto its face, and three years later it tragically passed :(

It will be in 2034

Get it right.

Sadly it was a very ugly baby, the nurses had never seen such a sight. The Bucket had morphed onto its face, and three years later it tragically passed :(

Very tragic indeed.

God bless Axl for sharing his best memories of Guns N' Roses with the world in 2008. It will live on in our hearts forever.

What could have been...

I can't believe halfway through 2010 people are still pissing and crying about the GNR name and all that shit. It's really simple. Axl IS Guns N Roses.

Anyone can play guitar. Anyone can play bass. Anyone can play drums. Throw a rock in LA and you can find a musician that can play the entire GNR back catalog.

But there is and will only ever be ONE Axl Rose. He is irreplaceable. His voice IS the sound of the band.

Slash playing Paradise City with any singer other than Axl is just some guy with a guitar.

Axl singing Paradise City is Guns N Fucking Roses. Case closed. Now fuck off.

Happy 25th birthday, GN'R!

Here's to another 25! rock1

You aren't really 25 years old if you die about 10 years in...Is everyone really under the impression that "GNR" have been together for 25 years?

hey guy, you are on a GnR forum and GnR is on tour. what the fuck do you think? don't be an idiot.

happy bday GnR!

I can't believe halfway through 2010 people are still pissing and crying about the GNR name and all that shit. It's really simple. Axl IS Guns N Roses. Anyone can play guitar. Anyone can play bass. Anyone can play drums. Throw a rock in LA and you can find a musician that can play the entire GNR back catalog. But there is and will only ever be ONE Axl Rose. He is irreplaceable. His voice IS the sound of the band. Slash playing Paradise City with any singer other than Axl is just some guy with a guitar. Axl singing Paradise City is Guns N Fucking Roses. Case closed. Now fuck off.

See how I made your post much easier to read? Why can't you do that? It took me like, 10 seconds.

Anyway...I'm sorry but there's also something else in those old records in regards to "sound" and that's...you know...the MUSIC? Half of a song is the music. I know, I know...that's hard as fuck to understand when you're as deluded as yourself but it's true.

The fact is, Paradise City sounds wrong without the original band playing it and it sounds wrong when the original band plays it with a different singer. No matter how much you LIKE Axl's new band, they don't sound like the original. Musicians all have their own unique sound. I can tell Hendrix when I hear him. I can always pick out Slash's guitar when I hear it as well. In that sense, it's no different then a singers voice.

Of course....you don't WANT to believe any of this..do you? You'd rather live with deluded reality then face the facts because it's just too painful. I wish I could live in your fake little world, I honestly do...but I can't.

Edited by Nintari

I can't believe halfway through 2010 people are still pissing and crying about the GNR name and all that shit. It's really simple. Axl IS Guns N Roses.

Anyone can play guitar. Anyone can play bass. Anyone can play drums. Throw a rock in LA and you can find a musician that can play the entire GNR back catalog.

But there is and will only ever be ONE Axl Rose. He is irreplaceable. His voice IS the sound of the band.

Slash playing Paradise City with any singer other than Axl is just some guy with a guitar.

Axl singing Paradise City is Guns N Fucking Roses. Case closed. Now fuck off.

He's done such a great job with the 'name' too! Since '95 we've received great tours, great albums and a very approachable lead singer...oh wait, the lawyers got in the way of all that right?? Axl Rose might be GNR, but he's absolutely NOTHING without Slash.

We should also celebrate GNR's funeral, which is probably 1996 when Slash quit.

well thats just factually wrong because GNR released an album in 2008 and is out on tour. Of course the mindless idiot cupcakes keep overlooking that.

it will be a happy day when we are celebrating your funeral from this website.

He's done such a great job with the 'name' too! Since '95 we've received great tours, great albums and a very approachable lead singer...oh wait, the lawyers got in the way of all that right?? Axl Rose might be GNR, but he's absolutely NOTHING without Slash.

if thats the way you feel, go down to the former members area where you can talk about your precious guitar hero.

most of us feel the band has done perfectly fine without him.

of course, you cupcakes can't keep this thread on the original topic. you just want to bash the band. fuck you guys.

Edited by Graveyard

well thats just factually wrong because GNR released an album in 2008 and is out on tour. Of course the mindless idiot cupcakes keep overlooking that.

it will be a happy day when we are celebrating your funeral from this website.

if thats the way you feel, go down to the former members area where you can talk about your precious guitar hero.

most of us feel the band has done perfectly fine without him.

of course, you cupcakes can't keep this thread on the original topic. you just want to bash the band. fuck you guys.

who else find it ironic that his name is "Graveyard"?

well thats just factually wrong because GNR released an album in 2008 and is out on tour.

Rock In A Hard Place is officially an Aerosmith record too....but no one considers it one outside of a few loons. This is what Joey Kramer had to say about it

"the record doesn't suck. There's some real good stuff on it. But it's not a real Aerosmith record because it's just me, Steven, and Tom - with a fill-in guitar player. It's Jimmy Crespo doing the guitar work."

Sounds familiar.

Edited by Nintari

Old Guns N' Roses died on November 7, 1991. The day Izzy left.

And yet....the UYI tour was a complete fucking commercial success and no one really missed the guy at all. Of course, you wouldn't know anything about that..would you, kid?

And yet....the UYI tour was a complete fucking commercial success and no one really missed the guy at all. Of course, you wouldn't know anything about that..would you, kid?

Are you denying Izzy's importance?

I don't think age really plays a part in this. Just because someone wasn't around for something doesn't mean they don't know anything on the subject.

No, I'm denying you the chance at taking what you thought was a vague jab at Slash's relevance.

Aren't you a smart old cookie.

After Izzy left everything went to shit. Sure, the UYI tour was alright, but it never would have happened without the songs that Izzy wrote 90% of. Izzy was the heart and soul of Old GNR. There's a reason they couldn't get a proper album together after 1991.

No, I'm denying you the chance at taking what you thought was a vague jab at Slash's relevance.

After Izzy left everything went to shit. Sure, the UYI tour was alright, but it never would have happened without the songs that Izzy wrote 90% of. Izzy was the heart and soul of Old GNR. There's a reason they couldn't get a proper album together after 1991.

The band was a massive fucking success without him. That's my point. So there was no "death" at all.

The band was a massive fucking success without him. That's my point. So there was no "death" at all.

Sure the band was a success. They were fresh off of releasing an album with great songs written by Izzy. Of course the tour is going to be a success.

Shame that The Spaghetti Incident sucked a fat one and the band couldn't write anything without Izzy's genius.

When Izzy left the songwriting within the GNR camp took a huge hit, causing them to increasingly decline - which is why they could only release a cover album after he left. Was it the 'death' of GNR - no. But the songwriting process among the original members was in the process of dying.

I think the Illusions tour was a success because the GNR sound didn't change that drastically. Because during that tour nobody could hear Izzy or Gilby's guitar anyway :lol:

the band couldn't write anything without Izzy's genius.

Funny....I don't remember hearing any original music after the Illusions. How did you manage that?

Which is exactly my point. Without Izzy they were lost. They couldn't put an album together without him.

the band couldn't write anything without Izzy's genius.

Funny....I don't remember hearing any original music after the Illusions. How did you manage that?

Which is exactly my point. Without Izzy they were lost. They couldn't put an album together without him.

Haha...again..I suppose your mother flew you down to LA during those 1995 sessions and you were there, Power Ranger doll in hand, eavesdropping on the circumstances of the breakup.

Ok then.