Five million copies of CD sold? Maybe not...

Nintari

The Beatles, Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, MENUDO, and Abba were the only ones to sell Five million copies of ALBUMS!

...NEW GNR can't sell a stadium anymore,either they can't sell 2 million copies!

,...let's watch the desney channel instead of dreaming with this!,right????? :rolleyes:

Haven't each of the Illusion CD's sold more than 5 million copies? And AFD... And maybe Lies? I think "GNR Classic" should be in your list too.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm 5 million sure is a lot. I tend to believe the Billboard statistic myself

What billboard statistic? You mean the one that is suppose to exist that none of us can see? If you want to take some random message board user's word for it (which is all that it is at this point), then fine by me but this thread is about fact finding. I'm still waiting for someone, anyone to provide hard evidence to support their claims. That hasn't happened.

An article has to prove it's based on facts by stating references

Exactly.

These people don't seem to understand how journalism works. You're credibility is only as valid as your references. If someone writes a piece with stats, and then fails to provide a reference, that piece is completely invalidated. Journalists KNOW this, and so when you find one who says "sorry, I can't verify what I said", you know what's up. The journalist knows he's been busted as well.

Edited by Nintari

Think this is probably getting a little heated.

I don't think Sunny was talking in the most literal of terms and he does have a point, as does the OP. At the end of the day, this was an extremely expensive album any way that you look at it, and sales were lacklustre - Axl himself has conceeded this in the court papers filed against Azoff. It's not fair to say it was a flop, because it wasn't, but there's no use pretending that it was a raging success because it wasn't that either. The album was good - great maybe even, but if you look at it objectively this wasn't reflected in it's sales. Blame it on promotion, blame it on it leaking, blame it on the myspace stream... the reasons may be arguable, but the end result is more or less a fact.

If you don't like a topic that's particularly negative then it's best that you stay out of it. Nintari has made a legitimate point without trolling or insulting anybody - I dont see any posts where he's gone off on anybody. I have to admit, I get annoyed reading negative topics by the same people myself because sometimes it's annoying to hear the same point hammered in over and over again and I'd rather focus on the positive things. But it's not your place to go out there and call someone a "fucking cunt" or whatever over it. If someone's post is making your blood boil, you're better off clicking onto another site for a while and chilling out.

I'll leave this open and the posts untouched for now, but please try to be respectful with one another and keep it on topic.

I am guilty of the insults and i will try my best to avoid topics made by these posters in the future.

It just gets so irritating when the same few people keep coming here to discredit the band. I'm all for diverse opinions, thats what makes a place interesting.. but I don't see the point in coming to a fan forum only to provoke people who are fans of the band and to be so against the band.

I will try to ignore 2 posters in particular from now on. Maybe if more of us take this same approach, they will go away.

I think this post on the first page sums it up perfectly.

Wouldn't a better title for this thread be "nah-nah-nah-nah-nah"?

Grow up. No one one cares how many copies it sold unless you are trying to win a pissing contest on the internet.

Edited by Graveyard

Guest Edward Rose

The sad thing is that there is a small group of clowns on here that are STILL harboring loads of anger at Axl for his role in Slash departing the old group. They just can't let go of that anger. It is quite pathetic. AND......if chinese sold 25 million, they would say "oh, its just because of the name GnR".....but if it sold 38 copies, the SAME clown would say "oh, its because Axl can't make it without Slash."

Bottom line. Band is different now than it was 15 years ago. All the main people are still putting out music. its OK to like all of them, and not carry a grudge as a fan. Everybody involved has moved on...certainly every fan should as well. And the number of copies an album sells doesn't reflect the quality of the songs. Uggg, why is all that so hard for people to understand? Its music people - just enjoy it.

It goes back further than that :shades:

Edward Rose

The sad thing is that there is a small group of clowns on here that are STILL harboring loads of anger at Axl for his role in Slash departing the old group. They just can't let go of that anger. It is quite pathetic. AND......if chinese sold 25 million, they would say "oh, its just because of the name GnR".....but if it sold 38 copies, the SAME clown would say "oh, its because Axl can't make it without Slash."

Bottom line. Band is different now than it was 15 years ago. All the main people are still putting out music. its OK to like all of them, and not carry a grudge as a fan. Everybody involved has moved on...certainly every fan should as well. And the number of copies an album sells doesn't reflect the quality of the songs. Uggg, why is all that so hard for people to understand? Its music people - just enjoy it.

It goes back further than that :shades:

Edward Rose

Still my favorite axl interview

Think this is probably getting a little heated.

I don't think Sunny was talking in the most literal of terms and he does have a point, as does the OP. At the end of the day, this was an extremely expensive album any way that you look at it, and sales were lacklustre - Axl himself has conceeded this in the court papers filed against Azoff. It's not fair to say it was a flop, because it wasn't, but there's no use pretending that it was a raging success because it wasn't that either. The album was good - great maybe even, but if you look at it objectively this wasn't reflected in it's sales. Blame it on promotion, blame it on it leaking, blame it on the myspace stream... the reasons may be arguable, but the end result is more or less a fact.

If you don't like a topic that's particularly negative then it's best that you stay out of it. Nintari has made a legitimate point without trolling or insulting anybody - I dont see any posts where he's gone off on anybody. I have to admit, I get annoyed reading negative topics by the same people myself because sometimes it's annoying to hear the same point hammered in over and over again and I'd rather focus on the positive things. But it's not your place to go out there and call someone a "fucking cunt" or whatever over it. If someone's post is making your blood boil, you're better off clicking onto another site for a while and chilling out.

I'll leave this open and the posts untouched for now, but please try to be respectful with one another and keep it on topic.

I am guilty of the insults and i will try my best to avoid topics made by these posters in the future.

It just gets so irritating when the same few people keep coming here to discredit the band. I'm all for diverse opinions, thats what makes a place interesting.. but I don't see the point in coming to a fan forum only to provoke people who are fans of the band and to be so against the band.

I will try to ignore 2 posters in particular from now on. Maybe if more of us take this same approach, they will go away.

I think this post on the first page sums it up perfectly.

Wouldn't a better title for this thread be "nah-nah-nah-nah-nah"?

Grow up. No one one cares how many copies it sold unless you are trying to win a pissing contest on the internet.

one of them got banned, so that leaves 1 to ignore :)