In defense of Buckethead....

Kaneda

Topic was Buckethead, suddenly the thread got spammed with Bumblefoot videos by people who are active in the Bumblefoot forum.

What are you talking about ?

It's been Buckethead vs Bumblefoot since post number two...

The reason I posted these videos was because someone asked for some Bumblefoot videos to "counter", for lack of a better word, the Buckethead video he had just posted ( we were clearly talking about guitar techniques ).

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2002 band was a supergroup in every meaning of the word. If that band had gone under a new name there would have been no negativity and it would have been labelled as the best supergroup of all time. However some people couldn't get over the whole GN'R name thing.

However, as others have said it wasn't as good a live band as the current band which IMO is the best version of the band since old GN'R.

Well...Honnestly, the only reason it wasn't as good was because of Robin...

Now I love his contributions to CD but him playing Slash's material was VERY hit and miss...

Buckethead's takes on the classic material were hit and miss too but when they were hit they were incredibly good.

Richard has always been pretty much great.

I'd trade the 2010 lineup for Bucket and Brain.

C'mon man, seriously. I think this line up has proven they can play the stuff live very well. I'd like to see what they can do in the studio as a group, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it would be fantastic based on the quality of players. For guitars, I think Ron, Fortus and Ashba can do some absolutely killer shit.

And yes, Bucket was amazing but that era is gone.

Interesting too, lots of people thought Robin's playing lacked live, but what he did on the record is superb.

And also, Frank has really done exceptionally during this tour in particular. I'm now a big fan.

Buckethead was never going to be a superstar, but he had the potential to be a cult sensation on a mass scale with the new band.

It makes sense that the record company never wanted a video from the new band; if anything, their image would only serve as a deterrent. But Axl had a wild card with Bucket: Someone with the ability and the gimmick to make a serious impression, one way or the other.

I wasn't won over by Bucket immediately, but he sure as hell grew on me like a fungus. If he had gotten his way, and it had been the Axl and Bucket show, the fanbase would have been immensely more polarized, but I can't help but think the band and actual music would have gotten lots more attention.

Buckethead actually has a lot of street cred with the kids...i know people that are like 20 that think he is amazing, could care less about GN'R new or old, so he's no joke

There's a whole sub culture of 14 year olds on youtube, covering Buckethead's tunes. These kids are rapidly turning into quality guitarists.

Bumblefoot is super talented and I think he's a great choice for Gn'R to replace Bucket. I even think he and Ashba can bring something special to Gn'R in the studio. I just don't think it should be on cd2's expense. Chinese Democracy was a double album concept, with Bucket's and Robin's guitar parts playing a huge role in that. What we heard is just half of what they came up with. (if not less)

i think axl should leave CDii intact for many reasons, as ive stated before, but here is a new one: the 02 band is much darker. CD is a pretty dark album, shacklers, twat ect. word is cdii is even darker, which is great ,but i dont think this new 2010 band fits that image. they seem to be way more easy going. there is a fun rock n roll vibe there. i think they should do their own thing, gnr 3.0.

Still today, when I proudly tell people that I'm going to see Guns N' Roses play live, 9 out of 10 people say "Who's in the band? Is Buckhead going to be there?"

my friends didnt go to halifax 2010 because bucket wasn't there.

they didnt give a fuck about slash.

they wanted to see the big B.

true story.

Buckethead actually has a lot of street cred with the kids...i know people that are like 20 that think he is amazing, could care less about GN'R new or old, so he's no joke

i think guitar hero II did wonders for bucket.

Edited by Jackie Moon

Bumblefoot is super talented and I think he's a great choice for Gn'R to replace Bucket. I even think he and Ashba can bring something special to Gn'R in the studio. I just don't think it should be on cd2's expense. Chinese Democracy was a double album concept, with Bucket's and Robin's guitar parts playing a huge role in that. What we heard is just half of what they came up with. (if not less)

i think axl should leave CDii intact for many reasons, as ive stated before, but here is a new one: the 02 band is much darker. CD is a pretty dark album, shacklers, twat ect. word is cdii is even darker, which is great ,but i dont think this new 2010 band fits that image. they seem to be way more easy going. there is a fun rock n roll vibe there. i think they should do their own thing, gnr 3.0.

Still today, when I proudly tell people that I'm going to see Guns N' Roses play live, 9 out of 10 people say "Who's in the band? Is Buckhead going to be there?"

my friends didnt go to halifax 2010 because bucket wasn't there.

they didnt give a fuck about slash.

they wanted to see the big B.

true story.

i think guitar hero II did wonders for bucket.

Guns did wonders for Bucket, he wouldnt be on guitar hero had he not been in Guns, likewise Bumble wouldnt be on rock band either.

Guns did wonders for Bucket, he wouldnt be on guitar hero had he not been in Guns, likewise Bumble wouldnt be on rock band either.

Bucket got on guitar hero due to one fan's persistent hard work. Had nothing to do with GNR, nothing at all.

Bucket got on guitar hero due to one fan's persistent hard work. Had nothing to do with GNR, nothing at all.

Really? Wow thats cool.

But how did the fan become a fan. :tongue2:

Edited by Cdlove

Really? Wow thats cool.

But how did the fan become a fan. :tongue2:

Probably the same way Axl became a fan. i.e. heard his music, and liked it.

Guest gunns5

Its a perfect picture isn't?

It has everything that represents the whole New Gnr to me as well,

Brain (well his drums anyway), Bucket and Axl