Serj Tankian - Borders Are (New single)

bacardimayne

Been waiting for the follow-up to Elect the Dead for AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEESSSS now (I was never waiting for CD since I wasn't a GNR fan until I gave it a listen when it came out). Underwhelmed :( Hope the other songs are better. Lyrics are trite adolescent bullshit. I know Serj and SOAD are big on politcally charged lyrics which is great, but these are really poor.

Id rank it like all SOAD side projects; good, interesting but overall not as good as when theyre all together. Serj is coming to my hometown with a full orchestra. Im intrigued as to how that turns out. He has a great voice, and Daron has good ideas for hooks. I just think they all work better together as SOAD. Scars on Broadway and the Serj solo album just felt like something was missing.

I was going to make this thread.

Anyway, I think it's a great song. I'm really looking forward to the album, he said it was going to be something like "rock-opera-jazz-alternative-fusion" so it should be interesting.

I'd love to see a SOAD reunion after this tour is over. You just can't compare anything to the awesomeness that is Daron and Serj's epic vocal harmonies. Lost In Hollywood anyone? Fuck yeah.

I was going to make this thread.

Anyway, I think it's a great song. I'm really looking forward to the album, he said it was going to be something like "rock-opera-jazz-alternative-fusion" so it should be interesting.

I'd love to see a SOAD reunion after this tour is over. You just can't compare anything to the awesomeness that is Daron and Serj's epic vocal harmonies. Lost In Hollywood anyone? Fuck yeah.

You took too long. I guess I should've given you credit for informing me that it existed in your status on the other forum.

You SOAD-reunion kids are crazy. The stuff he's put out post-SOAD puts that band to shame. I fucking love this song.

SOAD reunion is a must.

If you like nu-metal for 14 year old kids.

Oh no you di'int.

SOAD isn't nuMetal. Maybe you should listen to more than just BYOB and Chop Suey.

I'll be nice and give you some recs:

Lost In Hollywood

Streamline

Thetawaves

Ego Brain

Spiders

Aerials

Toxicity

Bounce (hehe)

Dreaming

FucK The System/Soldier Side

Innerversion

NuGuns

Question!

I could go on but I won't.

SOAD reunion is a must.

If you like nu-metal for 14 year old kids.

Oh no you di'int.

SOAD isn't nuMetal. Maybe you should listen to more than just BYOB and Chop Suey.

I'll be nice and give you some recs:

Lost In Hollywood

Streamline

Thetawaves

Ego Brain

Spiders

Aerials

Toxicity

Bounce (hehe)

Dreaming

FucK The System/Soldier Side

Innerversion

NuGuns

Question!

I could go on but I won't.

Trust me, I went through the SOAD phase. I still have all of their albums downloaded... somewhere. I hate their guitarist more than anything.

It's fun in Rock Band but that's about it.

Trust me, I went through the SOAD phase. I still have all of their albums downloaded... somewhere. I hate their guitarist more than anything.

Don't underestimate the awesomeness of the Daron

P.S-I'm taking credit for your 2000th post.

I'm not sure what I hate more about him, his voice or his guitar playing.

Probably his voice, which is why I've never listened to Scars on Broadway and never will.

It's also why Lost in Hollywood sucks.

I'm not sure what I hate more about him, his voice or his guitar playing.

Probably his voice, which is why I've never listened to Scars on Broadway and never will.

It's also why Lost in Hollywood sucks.

Pfft.

You're a lost cause.

Pfft.

You're a lost cause.

If it helps...

Listening to Lost in Hollywood for the first time in 2 years, I can say it's decent until the "all you maggots smoking fags on Sunset Boulevard" shit starts.

All you bitches put your hands in the air and wave 'em like you just don't care.

Pfft.

You're a lost cause.

If it helps...

Listening to Lost in Hollywood for the first time in 2 years, I can say it's decent until the "all you maggots smoking fags on Sunset Boulevard" shit starts.

Quote this to get your 2000th post.

Are you accusing me of post-whoring?

Thanks Fudd.

On topic, Serj's song is still awesome.

Pfft.

You're a lost cause.

If it helps...

Quote this to get your 2000th post.

Are you accusing me of post-whoring?

Of course not; I'm promoting it.