2 very different views; Guns N' Roses and L.A. Guns

lost in the garden

it was never implied that it's unacceptable to want a reunion, but there are people (not necessartily yourself) who feel the need to try and make those who like the direction the band has moved in feel like inferior fans and constantly talk down to them.

There is a section on the forum for talking about the pre-1994 band and another. for people, like yourself who want a reunion. Talk of wanting Slash, or whoever back in the band doesn't belong here, I'm not saying this section should be some sort of sunshine and rainbows golden haven for folk who believe Axl is the way, the truth and the light, but it should be for folk who want to support the band to be able to do so without anyone attempting to make them feel inferior for it.

I guess the truth of the matter for those who do this is, a reunion will never happen and baiting those who do not want one as some sort of bitter game will change fuck all, so for those who do it, ultimately I guess the joke's on you.

This post needs its own thread and it deserves to be stickied at the top of each forum page throughout the website.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if in the year 2010 people still have a problem with Guns N" Roses the way it is, they should seek professional help.

if you can't get over the fact that some fucking guy in a fucking top hat left 15 years ago, i dont know what to tell you.

Well you say that but it wasn;t just some guy but a lynch pin of the band. The band has done very little since the guy in the top hat left.

Given that the band were more productive and imo creating better music when they were together I don't htink its "crazy" to want a reunion?

Maybe Axl really does have some big guns that he's holding back but on the strength of what we have heard so far I don't think the new band will ever match the old one musically.

A Love Axl and I Love Slash (as well as Izzy, Duff and Steven). I hate to see them each stuggle of their own.

it was never implied that it's unacceptable to want a reunion, but there are people (not necessartily yourself) who feel the need to try and make those who like the direction the band has moved in feel like inferior fans and constantly talk down to them.

There is a section on the forum for talking about the pre-1994 band and another. for people, like yourself who want a reunion. Talk of wanting Slash, or whoever back in the band doesn't belong here, I'm not saying this section should be some sort of sunshine and rainbows golden haven for folk who believe Axl is the way, the truth and the light, but it should be for folk who want to support the band to be able to do so without anyone attempting to make them feel inferior for it.

I guess the truth of the matter for those who do this is, a reunion will never happen and baiting those who do not want one as some sort of bitter game will change fuck all, so for those who do it, ultimately I guess the joke's on you.

OK cool I'm not knockin anyone for liking the new band or even the new band it really is 100% subjective at the end of the day.

Maybe I guess I need to stop taking life and GnR less seriously.

I do hang out int he forums you mention, but to me I don't see why we can't just all argue our points on whichever baord so long as everyone keeps their cool and makes reasoned and hopefully reasonable arguments then I think the baord can survive differing view points. ineed in that not the purpose of a foum in the first place?

Guest Apollo

Great posts graveyard and jackie!!!

I loved almost all the songs on the CD, which sold around 4 million copies......so I'm not sure why people think it was such a failure.

As for the name. I'm one of the minority that could give a fuck what the actual name of a band is, or who is in it. All I care about is the music. What does guns n roses mean to me? Appetite, illusions, lies and chinese democracy. The legacy, who was in the band, not liking an album just because slash wasn't in the band or because ur mad about the name of the band.....I just don't get any of that. Who cares.

The music is all that should matter. Don't like the music that axl is putting out - why are u hanging out on a GnR forum? Spend ur time in the VR section. Its just music people - care about the music and leave the drama to the people who are actually involved!!!!!!!!

I didn't really care for la guns that much. I thought dangerous toys, tesla, cinderella and even a band like tora tora were much better.

if in the year 2010 people still have a problem with Guns N" Roses the way it is, they should seek professional help.

if you can't get over the fact that some fucking guy in a fucking top hat left 15 years ago, i dont know what to tell you.

Well you say that but it wasn;t just some guy but a lynch pin of the band. The band has done very little since the guy in the top hat left.

Given that the band were more productive and imo creating better music when they were together I don't htink its "crazy" to want a reunion?

Maybe Axl really does have some big guns that he's holding back but on the strength of what we have heard so far I don't think the new band will ever match the old one musically.

A Love Axl and I Love Slash (as well as Izzy, Duff and Steven). I hate to see them each stuggle of their own.

OK cool I'm not knockin anyone for liking the new band or even the new band it really is 100% subjective at the end of the day.

I do hang out int he forums you mention, but to me I don't see why we can't just all argue our points on whichever baord so long as everyone keeps their cool and makes reasoned and hopefully reasonable arguments then I think the baord can survive differing view points. ineed in that not the purpose of a foum in the first place?

because some of us are tired of old gnr vs new gnr. some of us are tired of the constant reunioners whinings. and don't get me wrong, i'm all for opposing viewpoints on all kinds of things.

and yes i do understand how big GnR got in their heyday, which was 15-20 years ago. To still cling to that era today, in my opinion, is a foolish thing to do. Especially when all parties involved have explicitedly said its not going to happen.

Edited by Graveyard

people who hate on the new band, some just plain dont like the music, and thats fair, but there are a lot more who just feel axl is bad, slash good, and that justify hating axl / new gnr because slash is the cool / good one and what axl did was wrong / unfair.

people will say "it doesn't sound like guns n roses" but thats a bullshit excuse. even if it did sound like guns n roses people would still hate on axl for being mean to slash. "i would like shacklers revenge if it wasnt called guns n roses" thats the logic we are dealing with here. people are just butthurt over axls possession of the name and use "it doesnt sound like guns n roses" as a way to convey that. nintari talks about subconscious fuckin jealousy, i think the slash fans are the subconsciously jealous ones. jealous over axls possession of the name and his position of gatekeeper for a gnr reunion.

what are axl fans jealous over? slashs solo album? lol.

i have no problem with axl using the name. i dont buy into the axl bad - slash good bullshit. i think they have both done some very sketchy, and some very cool things. i think CD is a real gnr record, its in the spirit of gnr, so i really have no problem with that. plus, bucket was an upgrade on slash so things only improved 1996>2001.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

I could. Buckethead wasn't an upgrade. The general public viewed him as a freak show. Looks aside, his guitar work on Chinese Democracy had zero impact on rock music. It is already irrelevant. He had the greatest front man in the industry and still couldn't make himself relevant. Buckethead is an excellent guitarist, but he is better suited for his underground cult following. Not GNR. Buckethead is technically superior to Slash but that doesn't mean he's an upgrade. We don't want Buckethead in the Rolling Stones either, ya know?

Oh, don't even TRY going there. Buckethead maniacs won't buy into the idea that he can't play every single fucking style on the planet. I love Bucket personally, but I'm not delusional enough to know his limitations. Slash OWNS blue based rock. He's right there with Paige,Perry and all the rest. Imo, Bucket owns the whole Satriani/Vai style...and there's really no one close.

But people around here don't want to hear that. They're either too delusional in their fanboyism to see it, or know better and just don't want to concede the truth.

lol

jackie barely even mentioned Buckethead in his post

way to completely miss the point guys :rolleyes:

that was just a little cupcake tagged onto the end for effect.

they all bit.

To still cling to that era today, in my opinion, is a foolish thing to do. Especially when all parties involved have explicitedly said its not going to happen.

Perhaps but its one of those things you can never prove a negative. They would not be the first band who declared it would never happen only to reform eventually, indeed it is probably the norm. That said Axl is defintly one person that doesn't conform to any norms :-).

Also why not discuss anything including a reunion? If you think its wrong argue it down with reasoned arguments not just saying its "crazy"? Surely its more unhealthy to just have one view point. I didn't like everything the old band did and I'm sure you don't like everything that the new band does. Is it wrong to discuss this?

Edited by Lines&Noses

Where's my mother fuckin' popcorn.....

Taking a shit in Rome.

hahaha brilliant

i think one of the main issues people have with the current guns is that chinese democracy sounds so different from the old material, la guns have kept the same sound but it makes axl better because he took it upon himself to evolve the sound of guns into something new and cool

cupcake cupcake cupcake cupcake cupcake cupcake cupcake

because some of us are tired of old gnr vs new gnr. some of us are tired of the constant reunioners whinings.

How ironic. Though I agree people need to move forward, it goes both ways. If I were you, I'd move on as well and stop giving a fuck what anyone else says. Enjoy what you enjoy and don't worry what the "reunioners" say about it.

Edited by Nintari

The biggest problem with the people is that they cant forget Slash.

Back in the day their profiles were what you associated with Guns n' Roses. Axl/Slash. I knew so many casual fans that simply wouldn't bother to see new Guns because Slash was absent. "It's not GnR without Slash." As much as I love the new band, it's pretty difficult to argue with that.

I agree completely with this.

not saying they have to like it or whatever. but to come here kicking and pouting everyday does absolutely nothing.

You obviously fail to understand how much of an impact Guns N Roses had in their day. This happens with ANY legendary band...Nirvana,The Beatles...Zepplin...etc.

who gives a shit

it was 20 years ago

it's just a fucking band name

get over it

Right, but as I said, with any band as big as they were, you have the same shit. This isn't unique to Guns N Roses.

Robert Plant gets 4 other muscians and calles his band" Led Zeppelin" (New exploration by Robert Plant produces a European disco album. Fans confused.)

Paul McCartney recruits three other muscians hits the road billed as "(The Beatles" Paul changes the sound to three chord blues...fans puzzled)

Mick Jagger cans theold bandd and hires other muscians and rolls out as "The Rolling Stones" ( Hits the stage rapping ....fans not convinced)

you get my drift????

L.A. Guns..the "Guns" in Guns and Roses comes from Tracii Gunns... Bar band vs Legends....La. Guns hanging on still stuck in 1985-89 playing the nostalgia circut with no new promotion or radio play. Generation X say..L.A. Guns??? ohhh yeah they had a few hits back when i was in high school.

Guest Apollo

Again, I am baffled that people still care more about the name of the band or what members are in the band than they do about the music that is released. I wil never understand that logic.

Edited by Apollo

Guest Apollo

Again, I am baffled that people still care more about the name of the band or what members are in the band than they do anout the music that is released. I wil never understand that logic.

its silly, on a ridiculous level

We are all dissapointed the old band broke up. And most of us wish the old band would have produced several more records.

But they didn't. And no amount of whining and crying on a forum is going to change that.

20 years ago GUNS `N`Roses were Axl,Slash,Duff,.... with the best music

Now GUNS `N`ROSES are Axl,Dizzy,Bumblefoot,.... and don`t forget the sound and lyrics of CHINESE DEMOCRACY

Axl Rose is GUNS `N`Roses

So,

Tracii Guns is the only member of the very 1st L.A. Guns lineup still in L.A Guns, and also the only member still in the mix that played on the bands debut EP.

mzi.smhscpbu.100x100-75.jpg

Axl Rose is the only member of the very 1st Guns N' Roses lineup still in Guns N' Roses, and also the only one (other than Izzy) from this group that played on the groups debut EP.

00796-1.jpg

Yet,

Most of the general public believe;

that The L.A. Guns name should belong to Tracii,

because he was using the name before the classic lineup that the band peaked with.

Now with Axl it is mostly the opposite.

Most people believe that the Guns N' Roses name should not belong to Axl,

and that the classic lineup that the band peaked with should have a say in the name.

The only real difference here is that GNR became superstars, in a market where L.A. Guns only made a modest showing.

Discuss....

[/quoteThat's just because Axl has left people with a bitter taste...where as slash has been cool to the fans. So because Axl has pissed peop[le off for whatever reason, ripped off at a show, whatever ect. people are going to be BIASED and naturally side with slash...

If Axl was nice to the fans like jon bon jovi I doubt anyone would really care who he had in the lineup and who he didnt. /THREAD

Reunite Slash, Duff, Axl, Izzy and you have the biggest band in the world again... As of now, not too many outside of us even know GNR is on tour. Slash coming back alone would be HUGE... GNR were the biggest band in the world and Slash is probably the most recognizable guitar player in the world today..