Axl Shorts

jonah

Do you think Axl just didn't give a fuck and had a weird wardrobe or did he just start wearing Under Armour before it was cool, cause I see this look everywhere now....well not the half jersey

600--axl_rose_shorts.jpg

Do you think Axl just didn't give a fuck and had a weird wardrobe or did he just start wearing Under Armour before it was cool, cause I see this look everywhere now....well not the half jersey

600--axl_rose_shorts.jpg

Back then it worked & he looked kick ass. These days (too many doughnuts perhaps) it would be not so good.

Axl never wanted to remain stagnant. He was an innovator. That included the wardrobe. He wanted to present himself in different ways and keep things interesting. I am sure he had a fashion assistant or something help him pick this stuff out, but maybe he actually did it all himself. Who knows. The bottom line is that he knew exactly what he was doing. It wasn't an accident or some naturally "weird" wardrobe.

Regardless, a lot of the stuff he wore took guts. He was obviously very comfortable with his body and very confident.

And he looked bad ass. When I first saw the shorts, I kind of cringed, and was wondering why he was wearing that shit. But then as you watch the performances, it all fits together perfectly.

600--axl_rose_shorts.jpg

Back then it worked & he looked kick ass. These days (too many doughnuts perhaps) it would be not so good.

Can you imagine, the 2010 Axl walking on stage wearing a crop top and swimming trunks :D

He looked smoking hot in those white shorts! With the kind of body he had 91-92 the less he had on the better. In live performances it adds to the experience to have something nice to look at, in that way it is relevant. But I guess it is more for us girls. Come to think of it, has there ever been a more fit looking front singer (with any charisma)? Some super skinny ones, yes. He might still have the legs for the shorts...

Wow, a thread dedicated to one of my favourite pics of Axl. I miss Bicycle Short Axl.

I seem to recall an article where he said he had worn the flag shorts in Rio as a joke, I think, but found them so comfortable running around in the heat, he kept wearing shorts after that. But i would ave to search to find that article.

His legs were pretty nuts. Those look like the legs on top level tennis players. I think they were just a sign of the times, mostly. There was a whole lot of awful clothing choices in the early 90s. He pulled it off since he was in good shape and was Axl Rose. If GNR wasn't the biggest band in the world at the time, I'm sure he would have got a lot of guff over them. Look at all the talk between fans and media about his fashion and hair choices of the past decade.

I do think the velvet SOD jacket with his cowboy hat, handle bars, maybe the yellow shoes, and a pair of the shorts would be hilarious, though.

If GNR wasn't the biggest band in the world at the time, I'm sure he would have got a lot of guff over them

By 1993, he did. Kurt Cobain made Axl Rose VERY uncool, atleast in US highschools. If you were wearing a GNR t shirt in 1994, you were out of touch. If you had a mullet and wore white biker shorts? You got your ass kicked haha.

The Seattle movement changed the entire youth culture.

Edited by Nintari

600--axl_rose_shorts.jpg

Can you imagine, the 2010 Axl walking on stage wearing a crop top and swimming trunks :D

:vomit: that visual was uncalled for