Axl Rant Albany 2002

tberrie007

I was listneing to the 5 CD set that guy put upa few weeks back, great collection of some goodies, but i was shocked i had never heard the Albany rant about Slash & Duff. Is this the most we have axl talking about the breakup of the "old" band and the "zero" chance we have of seeing them share the stage again? Are there any other spoken words by axl on this?

I was listneing to the 5 CD set that guy put upa few weeks back, great collection of some goodies, but i was shocked i had never heard the Albany rant about Slash & Duff. Is this the most we have axl talking about the breakup of the "old" band and the "zero" chance we have of seeing them share the stage again? Are there any other spoken words by axl on this?

http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090303&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp

It'd be highly doubtful for us to have more than one of the alumni up with us at any given time. I suppose Duff could play guitar on something somewhere, but there's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty. He wrote that whole bit about not having his guitar in Vegas, I'd assume, to save face. I was told by both the Hard Rock and different Guns industry people who had come out to be supportive of the new band and were a bit surprised to see him there, especially guitar in hand, but just assumed it was a surprise for the show and we were in on the arrangement.

Good to read this again btw. Especially because he hints at the direction of the next record:

"What I can say is if you don't like this, then you probably won't like that. Same people, lots more approaches, bit meaner in places and darker in some. Robin does a really great Stevie Ray Vaughan-type solo on one track."

http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090303&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp

It'd be highly doubtful for us to have more than one of the alumni up with us at any given time. I suppose Duff could play guitar on something somewhere, but there's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash other than by ambush, and that wouldn't be pretty. He wrote that whole bit about not having his guitar in Vegas, I'd assume, to save face. I was told by both the Hard Rock and different Guns industry people who had come out to be supportive of the new band and were a bit surprised to see him there, especially guitar in hand, but just assumed it was a surprise for the show and we were in on the arrangement.

That whole Vegas thing is whatever to me, but if Slash brought his guitar, wouldn't he need to actually get onstage, plug it in and set it all up himself (if he's using someone in the bands amp at least) if no one knew he was coming? I mean that would look pretty shitty for a surprise appearance during a show.

"Hey man is that guy setting up his equipment Slash?"

"I don't know his back is turned plugging his guitar in"

"Oh yeah...it's Slash, would a looked a lot cooler if he already set up"

I don't know exactly what happened but if he did come with a guitar, he's an idiot.

That whole Vegas thing is whatever to me, but if Slash brought his guitar, wouldn't he need to actually get onstage, plug it in and set it all up himself (if he's using someone in the bands amp at least) if no one knew he was coming? I mean that would look pretty shitty for a surprise appearance during a show.

"Hey man is that guy setting up his equipment Slash?"

"I don't know his back is turned plugging his guitar in"

"Oh yeah...it's Slash, would a looked a lot cooler if he already set up"

I don't know exactly what happened but if he did come with a guitar, he's an idiot.

I thought we had already established idiocy as a fact

:rolleyes:

Robin does a really great Stevie Ray Vaughan-type solo on one track."

either he don't know what SRV sounds like, or he don't know what Robin sounds like...

Or you just haven't heard the track...

we both know what Robin's capable of

If Chinese Democracy had only one guitar player I would agree, but as it is, one album with Robin is not enough to know what he's capable of. All I know is that I love all his contributions in what we got and if anything, he showed me he can write great, emotional solos.

We shall see.

I don't blame Slash for showing up to the Hard Rock. If he had his guitar with him, that is a GOOD thing. I was there that night. I didn't see Slash at all, but I can tell you everyone on the room except Axl would have gone ape shit with excitement if Slash took the stage. If he had his guitar, I am glad.

Yeah, and then it would have gone the exact opposite of that when Axl would have stormed off stage and left. Would have been a disaster. At least this way you got to see a hell of a show.

Slash needed to fuck off then, and still needs to fuck off. Axl has made it pretty damn clear he hates him.

either he don't know what SRV sounds like, or he don't know what Robin sounds like...

Better? Yeah, it's a damn fine song. One of my favorites.

I don't blame Slash for showing up to the Hard Rock. If he had his guitar with him, that is a GOOD thing. I was there that night. I didn't see Slash at all, but I can tell you everyone on the room except Axl would have gone ape shit with excitement if Slash took the stage. If he had his guitar, I am glad.

Yeah, and then it would have gone the exact opposite of that when Axl would have stormed off stage and left. Would have been a disaster. At least this way you got to see a hell of a show.

Slash needed to fuck off then, and still needs to fuck off. Axl has made it pretty damn clear he hates him.

Better? Yeah, it's a damn fine song. One of my favorites.

or this i love. thats great too.

every time it kicks in its like getting a punch of awesomeness in the stomac : p

Edited by henfjel

Slash already said that he didn't had a guitar with him on that night. He was on town and when he found out about the Guns N' Roses concert he asked his manager to put him in, only to watch the concert, in the audience, with the fans. But some people saw him on the hotel, with according to him was full of Guns N' Roses fans do the concert, that fastly recognized him. Then, you know the Guns N' Roses fans.... the rumors that Slash was there with a guitar to go on stage with the band started, and to avoid a riot or something like this the Guns N' Roses management thought it would be better if Slash didn't attend to the concert, in any way.

Pretty much the same thing that happened with Steven on 2006 on Las Vegas, he went to see the concert, and the audience recongized him and started to ask for autographs, etc. And to avoid any risk the Guns N' Roses management asked him to leave.

It was all a misunderstood, later Axl himself apologized for Steven, but not for Slash though.

Edited by ManetsBR

Slash already said that he didn't had a guitar with him on that night. He was on town and when he found out about the Guns N' Roses concert he asked his manager to put him in, only to watch the concert, in the audience, with the fans. But some people saw him on the hotel, with according to him was full of Guns N' Roses fans do the concert, that fastly recognized him. Then, you know the Guns N' Roses fans.... the rumors that Slash was there with a guitar to go on stage with the band started, and to avoid a riot or something like this the Guns N' Roses management thought it would be better if Slash didn't attend to the concert, in any way.

Pretty much the same thing that happened with Steven on 2006 on Las Vegas, he went to see the concert, and the audience recongized him and started to ask for autographs, etc. And to avoid any risk the Guns N' Roses management asked him to leave.

It was all a misunderstood, later Axl himself apologized for Steven, but not for Slash though.

To be fair, Slash said a lot of things. Like NOT going to Axl's house, only to change his story later. Slash lied. I love the guy, but I can't believe everything he says.

Edited by Rovim

what wasnt said was this" However all this great music that ive worked on over the last fifteen years is in a vault never to be released until the original fanbase has shuffled off to the rest home or are six feet under.