GUNS N' ROSES Bassist Comments On Rumored Tour Cancelation - Aug. 23, 2010

justmike66

In a brand new interview with Cleveland, Ohio's classic rock radio station 98.5 WNCX, GUNS N' ROSES bassist Tommy Stinson spoke about the rumor that spread via the Inernet that the band's shows, including high-profile slots at England's Reading and Leeds festivals, were canceled after a message on Twitter from frontman Axl Rose (see below) suggested that the band was pulling out of its previously announced gigs.

"It's startling to me how stuff happens," Stinson said. "You know, it's stressful. It's like ya kinda think, 'OK, well, I've gotta get my life in order here 'cause I'm leaving in five days,' and then you hear something like that coming down the pike. And it's like Sunday night and you're like, 'How am I supposed to deal with that?' Everyone's just trying to figure out what's happening with it and how it happened and then I get the call that everything's fine, whatever — it's just some crazy shit going on."

Tommy Stinson talking to 98.5 WNCX about rumored GUNS N' ROSES tour cancelation (click on player below to launch audio):

According to NME.com, festival organizers received confirmation from the band's management that Rose's Twitter account had been hacked and that the message was a fake, with this week's shows set to go forward as planned.

Meanwhile, GN'R's late start at the Rock 'N Rev Festival in Sturgis, South Dakota on August 13 — where the band came on at around 1:00 a.m., nearly two hours after previous act ALICE IN CHAINS — was apparently due to a technical issue and not Axl Rose's well-known tendency to start shows hours behind schedule.

According to the Rapid City Journal, festival official Dan Catullo said that a switchover from festival sound equipment to GUNS' own gear took longer than anticipated and also caused complications with the festival's video crew, who were filming the event.

Catullo said that Rose, who is notorious for showing up late or not at all for concerts, was "the most insanely professional gentleman that I ever met. He came and did his job exactly as contracted."

The long delay led to a large portion of the crowd leaving before GUNS came on, while others hurled beer cans and other objects at the stage.

The Rock 'N Rev Festival, part of the 70th annual Sturgis Bike Rally, was the first U.S. concert appearance by GUNS N' ROSES in four years and only official U.S. show of 2010.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=144959

"It's startling to me how stuff happens," Stinson said. "You know, it's stressful. It's like ya kinda think, 'OK, well, I've gotta get my life in order here 'cause I'm leaving in five days,' and then you hear something like that coming down the pike. And it's like Sunday night and you're like, 'How am I supposed to deal with that?' Everyone's just trying to figure out what's happening with it and how it happened and then I get the call that everything's fine, whatever — it's just some crazy shit going on."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=144959

Telling statement....

Basically, he saying when he heard about it/read it, he didn't know if it was true or not.

Makes you wonder what kinda dynamic/relationship Axl really has with these guys.

Telling statement....

Basically, he saying when he heard about it/read it, he didn't know if it was true or not.

Makes you wonder what kinda dynamic/relationship Axl really has with these guys.

I sometimes wonder why they would they stay in the band with shit like that going on, must really enjoy the music I guess

Even more confirmation that Axl made the tweet. Now that the initial mad has blown over, I really don't care about the tweet. It makes sense that Axl wouldn't want to admit it was him. I'm willing to forgive and forget as long as he puts an honest effort into the remaining shows of the tour and "Better" isn't excluded from future setlists.

I think there are a number of people here that really want it to have been Axl that posted that tweet. That way, it continues the crazy Axl facade. Too boring that the account was hacked and nothing really happened at all.

I think there are a number of people here that really want it to have been Axl that posted that tweet. That way, it continues the crazy Axl facade. Too boring that the account was hacked and nothing really happened at all.

Just looking back at Axl's career, we would be naive to think it was a hacker.

This.

My rep when it comes to Nu-Guns on this board notwithstanding, I actually hope that it was a cracker ( I want to be wrong about Axl. Dude was my hero, for the most formative years of my life); but Axl's actions since the tweet say otherwise. And then when you factor in everything that has happen over the last 15 or so years - even Axl's biggest backer's, can't help but be a little skeptical.

I mean, think of all we've heard from the "source's" own mouth? March 6th, Better video, Band answers fan's questions on video, Live stream of the Asian concerts, CD is a double album etc. etc. etc.

Freak....... EVEN FREE DR. PEPPER!!!

Edited by SunnyDRE

This.

My rep when it comes to Nu-Guns, on this board notwithstanding, I actually hope that it was a cracker ( I want to be wrong about Axl. Dude was my hero, for the most formative years of my life); but Axl's actions since the tweet say otherwise. And then when you factor in everything that has happen over the last 15 or so years - even Axl's biggest backer's, can't help but be a little skeptical.

I mean, think of all we've heard from the "source's" own mouth? March 6th, Better video, Band answers fan's questions on video, Live stream of the Asian concerts, CD is a double album etc. etc. etc.

The Dr Pepper thing wasn't Axl. I do think that it was probably bigger motivation to get CD released than we believe - just for spite!

I thought I had heard everything, but I missed whatever the 'band answers fans questions on video' thing is. Can you enlighten me?

This.

My rep when it comes to Nu-Guns, on this board notwithstanding, I actually hope that it was a cracker ( I want to be wrong about Axl. Dude was my hero, for the most formative years of my life); but Axl's actions since the tweet say otherwise. And then when you factor in everything that has happen over the last 15 or so years - even Axl's biggest backer's, can't help but be a little skeptical.

The Dr Pepper thing wasn't Axl. I do think that it was probably bigger motivation to get CD released than we believe - just for spite!

Yeah, I know it wasn't Axl. I was being silly.

Funny thing with that though, is after Dr. Pepper had trouble living up to their own deal; Axl had his lawyer's call them/shot them a couple of nasty letters; As he was "Outraged at the Treatment of the band's fans."

http://www.billboard.com/news/guns-n-roses-lawyer-blasts-dr-pepper-1003917493.story

And yet some people here, think Axl would have to go through all the "common man" BS, to fix his Twitter. :tongue2:

I thought I had heard everything, but I missed whatever the 'band answers fans questions on video' thing is. Can you enlighten me?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=138518

Funny thing with that though, is after Dr. Pepper had trouble living up to their own deal; Axl had his lawyer's call them/shot them a couple of nasty letters; As he was "Outraged at the Treatment of the band's fans."

http://www.billboard.com/news/guns-n-roses-lawyer-blasts-dr-pepper-1003917493.story

Yeah, but most of those people weren't fans, they just wanted a Dr Pepper.

Sooo, did the band say they were answering these questions and then backed out or something?

How anyone can read Tommy's statement and still *not* think that Axl made that tweet is beyond me.

Very easily. Nowhere in Tommy's statement does he even imply that Axl made that tweet. He was confused, unsure of what exactly was going on, like everyone else. Which would be a natural reaction when something completely contradictory to everything you think is going to happen is announced. That sense of chaos and confusion would likely be the objective of someone who posted that tweet using Axl's account. That was the idea, the goal, and that is what happened. That hardly confirms anything.

Ali

How anyone can read Tommy's statement and still *not* think that Axl made that tweet is beyond me.

Very easily. Nowhere in Tommy's statement does he even imply that Axl made that tweet. He was confused, unsure of what exactly was going on, like everyone else.

A guy who has been in "band" (it is a band right, and not a dictatorship?) for 10 years, should not be confused.

Yeah, but most of those people weren't fans, they just wanted a Dr Pepper.

Sooo, did the band say they were answering these questions and then backed out or something?

Yes they did say they were answering the questions, and no they didn't back out.

It just never happened; And when people asked about it, there were no answers or comments on the subject,

Unless Axl's account was 'cracked' to say concerts were cancelled. That would be confusing to a band member, no?

If there is this "Esprit de corps", that resonates in the band then, no.

Seriously, Tommy reads a tweet and stops packing or doesn't know if he should?

Who knows? **throws up hands**

This all just seems so silly........but I must admits **sighs**, it adds to drama, and keeps me coming here.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Very easily. Nowhere in Tommy's statement does he even imply that Axl made that tweet. He was confused, unsure of what exactly was going on, like everyone else.

A guy who has been in "band" (it is a band right, and not a dictatorship?) for 10 years, should not be confused.

Tour's can be cancelled for a litany of reasons, ranging from physical to personal. Tommy being surprised and confused proves nothing other than the fact that he was not with Axl at the time and therefore does not know what happened. Creating that sort of chaos and confusion would be the exact purpose of cracking someone's account and posting something like that. So, yeah, he should be confused. That's the natural reaction.

Ali

Axl what is gorjeo was not crossed.

It is insane - the says so much in Riad and of the Beduins of Appetite ---- don't know it that?

Youe is supposed to be the ventilators of the big of Axl is raised?

it is insane a kookoo. :crazy: and it is late advanced.

them did weapons old man know this? why is a surprise with one here?

Axl what is gorjeo was not crossed.

It is insane - the says so much in Riad and of the Beduins of Appetite ---- don't know it that?

Youe is supposed to be the ventilators of the big of Axl is raised?

it is insane a kookoo. :crazy: and it is late advanced.

them did weapons old man know this? why is a surprise with one here?

More confirmation that drugs are in fact bad for you.

Ali

Tour's can be cancelled for a litany of reasons, ranging from physical to personal. Tommy being surprised and confused proves nothing other than the fact that he was not with Axl at the time and therefore does not know what happened. Creating that sort of chaos and confusion would be the exact purpose of cracking someone's account and posting something like that. So, yeah, he should be confused. That's the natural reaction.

Ali

From a tweet?

Umm no.........

The truth is, Tommy has about much knowledge about the going-ons of the "band" (after 10 years) as we do.,,,,,,,,,and we know nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take off the blinders.

peace.

Edited by SunnyDRE