GUNS N' ROSES Bassist Comments On Rumored Tour Cancelation - Aug. 23, 2010

justmike66

Yeah, I'm sure Tommy knows about as much as we do. I'm sure that is the case :rolleyes:

Ali

But Ali, you said so yourself....

You isinuated that he was getting his info from twitter like the rest of us......

I don't think Ali said that. But if Tommy is following Axl on Twitter and then gets that tweet, I'd say he'd think WTF, like everyone else did. He, however, would get some definite information from the band directly, which he did.

Edited by Orsys

Yeah, I'm sure Tommy knows about as much as we do. I'm sure that is the case :rolleyes:

Ali

You isinuated that he was getting his info from twitter like the rest of us......

I insinuated no such thing. That would be an incorrect inference on your part.

Why would I insinuate that when Tommy very clearly states that he got confirmation later on that everything was o.k.? Obviously, he gets his information from channels we don't have access to. :rolleyes:

Ali

Ali

I don't think Ali said that. But if Tommy is following Axl on Twitter and then gets that tweet, I'd say he'd think WTF, like everyone else did. He, however, would get some definite information from the band directly, which he did.

Exactly. Thank you.

Ali

Why would I insinuate that when Tommy very clearly states that he got confirmation later on that everything was o.k.? Obviously, he gets his information from channels we don't have access to. :rolleyes:

Ali

Ali

Exactly. Thank you.

You kinda did, but ok.

Even if you didn't, you have to admit that tommy, with that interview kinda comes across, as he got his info from twitter.......which to me kinda says something about the dynamics of the band.

like perhaps, maybe axl is so erractic (i don't mean that as a insult), that to read that the tour is canceled on twitter, wouldn't even surpise him as the longest member of nu-gun's.

that is what he says, in this interview, to me........and i think that says alot about the going ons in the band, and/or makes you wonder if this is a band or if it really is one guy who decides everything.

one guy who is the pr/management/promoter **I say jump, you say high how** type of guy.

Even if you didn't, you have to admit that tommy, with that interview kinda comes across, as he got his info from twitter.......which to me kinda says something about the dynamics of the band.

like perhaps, maybe axl is so erractic (i don't mean that as a insult), that to read that the tour is canceled on twitter, wouldn't even surpise him as the longest member of nu-gun's.

that is what he says, in this interview, to me........and i think that says alot about the going ons in the band, and/or makes you wonder if this is a band or if it really is one guy who decides everything.

That's quite a reach you've got there, Sunny.

Edited by Orsys

Ali

Ali

Ali

Exactly. Thank you.

You kinda did, but ok.

one guy who is the pr/management/promoter **I say jump, you say high how** type of guy.

This is hilarious.

SunnyDRE, what world do you live in? Do your friends not have Facebooks, and Twitter accounts? E-mail addresses?

If your friend suddenly updates their facebook relationship status from Dating to Single, do you not assume that they've broken up with someone? Or do you just call them at a bad time and nag them for confirmation?

If your boss e-mail's you and says "Don't come in to work tomorrow" do you just show up anyway?

It's NORMAL for friends, co-workers, and yes, BANDMATES, to follow each other's online postings. One would expect Tommy to be confused. The lead singer of his band suddenly had a tweet appear saying the tour was off.

Why is this so confusing for people? SunnyDRE, it doesn't say ANYTHING about the dynamics of the band because EVERYONE communicates online these days.

According to the Rapid City Journal, festival official Dan Catullo said that a switchover from festival sound equipment to GUNS' own gear took longer than anticipated and also caused complications with the festival's video crew, who were filming the event.

DID THEY FILM GNR??????????

According to the Rapid City Journal, festival official Dan Catullo said that a switchover from festival sound equipment to GUNS' own gear took longer than anticipated and also caused complications with the festival's video crew, who were filming the event.

DID THEY FILM GNR??????????

one would assume so..... they question is: how much of GNRs show will be released? (They plan on releasing a dvd of the festival, as far as i understand)

I think Axl was in a bad mood and posted that on twitter, maybe with someone elses phone but later calmed down. Plenty of celebs twitter accounts have been hacked and are fixed within hours. I believe Axl's post is still there so I am calling bullshit on that.

Ali

Ali

Ali

Exactly. Thank you.

You kinda did, but ok.

This is hilarious.

SunnyDRE, what world do you live in? Do your friends not have Facebooks, and Twitter accounts? E-mail addresses?

If your friend suddenly updates their facebook relationship status from Dating to Single, do you not assume that they've broken up with someone? Or do you just call them at a bad time and nag them for confirmation?

If your boss e-mail's you and says "Don't come in to work tomorrow" do you just show up anyway?

It's NORMAL for friends, co-workers, and yes, BANDMATES, to follow each other's online postings. One would expect Tommy to be confused. The lead singer of his band suddenly had a tweet appear saying the tour was off.

Why is this so confusing for people? SunnyDRE, it doesn't say ANYTHING about the dynamics of the band because EVERYONE communicates online these days.

SunnyDRE just got owned... again... as usual.

The Dr Pepper thing wasn't Axl. I do think that it was probably bigger motivation to get CD released than we believe - just for spite

{/quote]

I totally agree. I really think Axl decided it'd be fun to take Dr.P up on that, and did. Like a super dare or some such shit. It's too bad if that's what it takes to get the turtle to meander about. Not trying to be a dickhead, just would like more fruits of your labor to be shared, Mr. Rose.

[

Edited by Ghostie

I can properly sum up this experience, a long with most other incidents involved with this band in the last five years (at least): Situation Normal, All Fucked Up.

One of the most frustrating aspects of this is, how many times has Axl cleaned up his own mess? I guess that's what a P.R. consultant and your "band" is there for.

Edited by AbominableHoman

If Axl really put it on there and was pissed off enough to say the tour was off, it would have taken a lot longer to change his mind and go along with the tour. I dont see Axl being mad enough to tell everyone the tour was off and then be like, ya know what guys you are right, I dont know what I was thinking, tell everyone its still on, sorry about that, my bad. And for it still being on there, it will probably still be on there this time next year.

If Axl really put it on there and was pissed off enough to say the tour was off, it would have taken a lot longer to change his mind and go along with the tour. I dont see Axl being mad enough to tell everyone the tour was off and then be like, ya know what guys you are right, I dont know what I was thinking, tell everyone its still on, sorry about that, my bad. And for it still being on there, it will probably still be on there this time next year.

Well...He hasn't shown up yet as far as I know :rofl-lol:

It does actually.

It says that the band members either think of Axl as someone who would go ahead and cancel the whole tour and tweet it publicly before even consulting any of them about it,

or, they don't know wtf to think because they barely know him, a bit like the fans.

Otherwise, he would have said something like 'I knew that there was no way Axl tweeted that as soon as I read it because he's not that much of a selfish dick..' etc

Just the same as I would, if I saw a close friend of mine update their status with something completely random to the kind of person that they are.

Most people still try to apply their brains as they would in regular life while using the internet, rather than think of it as another dimension.

Anyway, in my opinion, that tweet would be one of the most credible things about Axl if he really did it himself.

Ali

Ali

Ali

Exactly. Thank you.

You kinda did, but ok.

This is hilarious.

My boss isn't going to tell me to take the day off using twitter. <_<

I imagine that most likely no one will know for sure until the day of the show and the rest of the band is probably there just trying to have a good time and make the most of it. It's just another version of the waiting game that takes place before the shows. Builds anticipation and makes the fans more grateful/excited when he finally does take the stage, rather than go the professional and respectful route like someone that is confident in delivering without all the games is capable of doing. On a somewhat related note, I'm currently unable to access the gnr facebook account.

All that stuff about, all Axl's tweats are 'via Twitter for iPhone', then the lastest post is from 'via mobile web' must be a hack. DJ Ash uses 'mobile web' and Axl was with Dj Ash that night, so maybe Axl used Ad Ash's 'mobile web' ;)

Haha, can you believe Tommy Stinson has been in NU-GNR for over 10 years and its a complete surprise to him, that "crazy shit is going down" with this band.

Maybe the guy is more thick in the head than what I'd imagined previously. :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: