Official Reading thread

GNR 1991

Thx LesPaul_Player_91

I heard some more, if I'm correct

so it would go like this:

"You want some more music or not? Because every time we come play, like we played Leeds before there's fucking piece of shit going in the organization .....always ruins the show. Am I right? You want couple more songs? No? You can't tell..."

and a minute later power is cut off, maybe this rant was the last straw? They were late, promoters were already pissed off, and then Axl

told the crowd what he thinks about the organizers. It was too much. What do u think?

Edited by DrDrei

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Apollo

They let GnR play 30 minutes longer than originally agreed on...............bottom line. If Axl goes on stage ON time, then there is no issue here.

And it's still weird to me that some fans are more excited and happy about the ending of the show than the actual music that was performed. Personally, I'd rather be blown away by the performance - and not by what happened after the plug was pulled.

Thx LesPaul_Player_91

I heard some more, if I'm correct

so it would go like this:

"You want some more music or not? Because every time we come play, like we played Leeds before there's fucking piece of shit going in the organization .....always ruins the show. Am I right? You want couple more songs? No? You can't tell..."

and a minute later power is cut off, maybe this rant was the last straw? They were late, promoters were already pissed off, and then Axl

told the crowd what he thinks about the organizers. It was too much. What do u think?

We couldn't hear (or at least where I was) what Axl was saying. They pulled the plug after Nightrain so all I could see was him speaking into a mic. I thought he was joking around but then I figured they pulled the plug. From what I gather looking at the videos the big speakers and the festival sound system were turned off but GN'R's amps weren't. So they obviously thought everyone could hear them at first. And if you look at the Paradise City footage taken from people standing on the stage you can hear Ashba's distorted guitar. Of course with an audience that big/loud and being a bit of a distance from the stage even in the front row not many people (if any) would have heard them.

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91