Ashba N' Fortus show their support to Axl (finally)

D..

Well, twice in a row today have GNR guitarists been openly defending their frontman Axl!

This is nice to see, they know the value of their singer, I appreciate the "real deal" mention, and the fact that they know no other band in the world has the balls to do what they do know.

I'm glad Axl decided to show up late and fuck Reading up their arse. They wanted to threat GNR? They should have known better they have NO lesson to give.

It really makes me laugh hard thinking the promoter of Reading knew damn well GNR would show up late, YET he wasn't too unhappy with the huge paycheck he got by booking GNR. And yet he's complaining, I can't believe it, he had it coming, and GNR were DAMN right to come late. That's the way it is, this is Guns N' Roses.

Now, I'm very happy to notice that Richard Fortus and DJ Ashba really supported Axl today because clearly, the man needs more of those type of guys.

I'm just wondering about Bumblefoot, I've heard here and there that he was "pissed off" with Axl showing up late and he never said anything to support the fact Axl comes late. I mean, of course this pisses some people off, but I know for fact some other fans (especially the great people I've met in Norway) are damn happy that Axl at age 48 doesn't bend over and does things his way. I'm one of those guys, I love it. I'm a bit unsure why Bumble can't seem to deal with it, it seems to me he cares too much about his own image, and it proves me again I had the right vibe when I met the man.

I don't care much, he's a great guitarist, but he should just let go and enjoy GNR for what it is: FUCK the rules.

I'm seeing GNR in two weeks btw :xmasssanta:

I think Ron's just trying to stay positive, and more power to him.

My guess is that he'll split once he realizes that Axl has zero intentions of recording a new album in 2011. He said it himself that he's "itching" to record with the current lineup.

Well, twice in a row today have GNR guitarists been openly defending their frontman Axl!

This is nice to see, they know the value of their singer, I appreciate the "real deal" mention, and the fact that they know no other band in the world has the balls to do what they do know.

I'm glad Axl decided to show up late and fuck Reading up their arse. They wanted to threat GNR? They should have known better they have NO lesson to give.

It really makes me laugh hard thinking the promoter of Reading knew damn well GNR would show up late, YET he wasn't too unhappy with the huge paycheck he got by booking GNR. And yet he's complaining, I can't believe it, he had it coming, and GNR were DAMN right to come late. That's the way it is, this is Guns N' Roses.

Now, I'm very happy to notice that Richard Fortus and DJ Ashba really supported Axl today because clearly, the man needs more of those type of guys.

I'm just wondering about Bumblefoot, I've heard here and there that he was "pissed off" with Axl showing up late and he never said anything to support the fact Axl comes late. I mean, of course this pisses some people off, but I know for fact some other fans (especially the great people I've met in Norway) are damn happy that Axl at age 48 doesn't bend over and does things his way. I'm one of those guys, I love it. I'm a bit unsure why Bumble can't seem to deal with it, it seems to me he cares too much about his own image, and it proves me again I had the right vibe when I met the man.

I don't care much, he's a great guitarist, but he should just let go and enjoy GNR for what it is: FUCK the rules.

I'm seeing GNR in two weeks btw :xmasssanta:

Read Ron's twitter about trying to get fans up on stage for an acoustic version. He shows his support in his own way. It's not like he got mad and went home, he was with Axl trying to keep going for the crowd.

I think you're reading too much into things.

I think they have different views on how to be good to fans.

Rons version: Show up on time and give them the whole show as it was planned and payed for.

Axls version: Show up whenever the hell I feel like it, and give the fans the show they payed/waited a long time for.

The thing about DJ and Fortus and Axl saying that what they did after the plug was pulled was for the fan was totally bullshit. If it where for the fans they would go on stage at the right time, play their full set and thus for-filling the fans expectations.

The people who think it's a good thing that Axl is not playing by the books, and don't care about curfews etc are idiots. plane and simple idiots. Don't take offense, I'm sure you can't help being an idiot. Axl shows his fans no respect going on that late, unless there is a good excuse for it, which it almost never is.

Yep, no other band has the balls to leave fans waiting for an hour or longer while their singer decides when he wants to take the stage. That's sure something I'd be bragging about : " No other band has the balls to go out there and deliberately try to piss of the majority of their fanbase" Kudos GnR!

LOVE the band's music, tired of the trainwreck drama BS that goes along with this band. World's most dangerous band my ass.........I'm glad a promoter had the balls to stand HIS ground with Axl. The days of Axl thinking his shit don't stink needs to come to an end, IMO.

My guess is that he'll split once he realizes that Axl has zero intentions of recording a new album in 2011. He said it himself that he's "itching" to record with the current lineup.

I can see Ron being the 1st to exit. The way the band opperates appears to go against all he appears to stand for.

I can see Ron being the 1st to exit. The way the band opperates appears to go against all he appears to stand for.

Sadly Rons bank account doesn't agree with his ethics....

Yea man, why can't this band just fall apart and Axl disappear off the planet? Come on man, getting Axl out of the public's eye forever is what we Slashites want!

What are you guys talking about, Bumble has stated he has no intentions of leaving..if anything all this negative energy and you guys saying you think he is is brainwashing people into thinking the same thing, RON LOVES THIS BAND, THE BAND NEEDS RON..need some evidence?

"This is the kinda crazy shit I need, I feel fukkin good - party hoppin with my bandmates for the last 6 hours. Love you!!"

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/3cbt5h

Yea man, why can't this band just fall apart and Axl disappear off the planet? Come on man, getting Axl out of the public's eye forever is what we Slashites want!

Geez, overreaction much

Yup Axl sure showed that mean promoter whose boss by making it all about him and turning the show into a three ring circus........the people may not have gotten a full concert but they got to see a carnival act......so how is Axl going to top this at Leeds?...Is a Volkswagen beetle full of clowns going to drive on stage?.....it's all entertainment I guess....but for me I am looking forward to seeing Slash Sept 15th at the Boston HoB.....no worrying if the band will be hours late going on stage or even showing up, just 2 hours of RNFR with no drama just music.........

I think a beetle filled with big hairy metal type guys would be funnier. He could see how many he could fit in there.

BTW, you'll have a great time ;)

What are you guys talking about, Bumble has stated he has no intentions of leaving..if anything all this negative energy and you guys saying you think he is is brainwashing people into thinking the same thing, RON LOVES THIS BAND, THE BAND NEEDS RON..need some evidence?

"This is the kinda crazy shit I need, I feel fukkin good - party hoppin with my bandmates for the last 6 hours. Love you!!"

I second that

Jesus Fucking Christ, u're one retarded A Hole

Did bumble quit or show anything but support to Axl all of these years? stop making stupid and unfounded scenarios and leading people on into your own distorted view on reality and paranoia. Bumble has always made it clear he supports Axl.

The future is yet to be seen, and the fact that you don't believe that Dj or Richard will leave Axl because they twitted support about him doesn't make it true either. people change their opinions all the time and shit happens, but to try to read more than what someone said in order to preview the future is just retarded.

Just because Bumble had a bad day at one gig that doesn't mean anyone should be double guessing him on anything. people get pissed sometimes, it's normal, your post isn't.

I second that

Sure lets see how happy he is when there still is no progress in recording an new album two years from now....I applaud him for showing his happy face now but what is he going to do when the tour is over..........

Edited by JoshRiot

Its rock n roll. Not a 8-5 job. "Show up on time or we pull the plug". Promotor pit out bad shit in the media and GN'R fired back.

If yall cry about a band coming on an hour or two late then don't go to the show and quit bitching.

Axl just gives us more time to drink :) So you should be thankful!

Its rock n roll. Not a 8-5 job. "Show up on time or we pull the plug". Promotor pit out bad shit in the media and GN'R fired back.

If yall cry about a band coming on an hour or two late then don't go to the show and quit bitching.

Axl just gives us more time to drink :) So you should be thankful!

More time for 10 dollar beers, just what I need!!

Jesus Fucking Christ, u're one retarded A Hole

Did bumble quit or show anything but support to Axl all of these years? stop making stupid and unfounded scenarios and leading people on into your own distorted view on reality and paranoia. Bumble has always made it clear he supports Axl.

The future is yet to be seen, and the fact that you don't believe that Dj or Richard will leave Axl because they twitted support about him doesn't make it true either. people change their opinions all the time and shit happens, but to try to read more than what someone said in order to preview the future is just retarded.

Just because Bumble had a bad day at one gig that doesn't mean anyone should be double guessing him on anything. people get pissed sometimes, it's normal, your post isn't.

I second that

Sure lets see how happy he is when there still is no progress in recording an new album two years from now....I applaud him for showing his happy face now but what is he going to do when the tour is over..........

Can't express yourself without resorting to insults huh fanboy.....Believe what you want but based on his tweets and interviews I believe there is trouble in Bumble land...You really think he is going to sit idle until Axl decides he feels like recording some new music...based on Axl's past what makes you think this will happen anytime soon.....they can't tour forever and as usual the longer Axl stays on the road the more erratic his gets...Once the tour is done do you think Bumble is going to be happy waiting for Axl to get his ass in the studio again? ...remember Bucket got tired of waiting so what makes you think Bumble will be happy waiting and just collecting a paycheck...........But hey don't let me piss in your cornflakes.....keep living in your fantasy world if it makes you feel good..............

Do you really think Axl is going to end his career with CD? Do you really think CD took that long to record. You can probably blame X band members for the delay as well.

Bumble is getting a paycheck right ? He is getting well known. He is bad ass. Why leave?

For all we know they have recorded shit here and there. Do you really think any band member is going to be honest with that shit.

GN'R cannot tour the US anyways unless they put out a rockin SINGLE

Edited by crashoride

Oh btw, the Ron's version:

Hi honey, what a day at the office! Had the plug pulled on us, power shut off - I grabbed an acoustic, Deej turned his amp up, Ax grabbed a megaphone, told him I'd grab 10 random people from the audience and bring 'em on stage for a personal acoustic show, but shit was winding down, local security wasn't lookin' to help, had a bit of a Paradise City sing-along but finally we had to just bid farewell...

From his Facebook page.

It's not as supportive as DJ and Richard's messages. I think this is a phase where Axl needs 100% support from everyone. I didn't mean by that that Bumblefoot doesn't support the band, of course he does it big time, but more importantly, he supports himself, the one-man shows he did in south america are a good example of making him look good. It's all about that with him and clearly he isn't going to support the fact they come on stage late.

I know most people here have a problem with Axl coming on stage late, but I don't, clearly, I don't since this is the best rock live act in the world as of now, and I think the most hardcore fans think like me, I had the proof of that in my first GNR gig.

So basically you don't support him doing private shows when stuff is cancelled...He just should bail-out like everybody else...

My opinion is that you are a bit butt-hurt ( no offense ) by his attitude towards you from a few months ago, when he snobbed you when you asked him this favour, even though it was clearly a bad day at the office, as he clearly said a few hours later... :shrugs:

.as the bank balance builds, as do his options.

It's not as supportive as DJ and Richard's messages. I think this is a phase where Axl needs 100% support from everyone. I didn't mean by that that Bumblefoot doesn't support the band, of course he does it big time, but more importantly, he supports himself, the one-man shows he did in south america are a good example of making him look good.

Wait you mean he's doing all these meet n' greets and stuff only to make himself look better? :blink: What? It's all about the fans for him.

So basically you don't support him doing private shows when stuff is cancelled...He just should bail-out like everybody else...

My opinion is that you are a bit butt-hurt ( no offense ) by his attitude towards you from a few months ago, when he snobbed you when you asked him this favour, even though it was clearly a bad day at the office, as he clearly said a few hours later... :shrugs:

No it's not about that, it's been almost three months and I read his comment about his bad day, I really don't care about that. It's a collection of things I've seen and heard that make me think this way. A few months ago, I thought the private shows were something awesome, but now I see it as a one-man show to make him look good. I think either they should do the accoustic show together, or just not do it. They're a band, not a one man live act.

I think I recall you became a fan of GNR just because Bumble is in it, so of course you're going to be offended everyone says something "bad" about your idol. I understand it, even though I don't reply to everyone bashing Axl.

Axl doesn't do anything to make him look good, he never tries to be the hero, and look at what the man has accomplished in terms of music. Bumblefoot is almost his opposite (minor the music part, of course), it's all a matter of what type of people you prefer. Batman or Superman?

Wait you mean he's doing all these meet n' greets and stuff only to make himself look better?

I've never been to a meet n' greet. I hate that. I don't like to meet my idols in general, so when it's organized you can bet I'm not gonna be there.

I met GNR by luck with a few people because there were "rumors" they might be at a certain place not far away from where we were, we rushed there and luckily we met almost everyone, but had it been organized with a hundred fans I wouldn't have been there.

Meets n greets are lame imo, it's all about the "star" with his dedicated fans around him, you can think it's for the fans of course but it's mostly because it makes the star feel good. Does Axl do meet n greet? Nope. And I'm glad he doesn't.

To me it has to be human beings encountering other human beings in the street with luck, nothing else.

Edited by D..

I've never been to a meet n' greet. I hate that. I don't like to meet my idols in general, so when it's organized you can bet I'm not gonna be there.

I met GNR by luck with a few people because there were "rumors" they might be at a certain place not far away from where we were, we rushed there and luckily we met almost everyone, but had it been organized with a hundred fans I wouldn't have been there.

Meets n greets are lame imo, it's all about the "star" with his dedicated fans around him, you can think it's for the fans of course but it's mostly because it makes the star feel good. Does Axl do meet n greet? Nope. And I'm glad he doesn't.

To me it has to be human beings encountering other human beings in the street with luck, nothing else.

Well I wasn't asking for your opinion about meet n' greets in general, but do you think he's doing all the fan interviews, acoustic shows, Facebook updates, e-mails, forum posts (on his own forums) etc. etc. only for self promotion? It's quite clear he really cares about the fans.

I understand your point now.

And I can assure you that I wish they acted more like a band. In that aspect, what happenned the other day, as much as I don't like it ( showing up late while you were warned I mean, the end of the concert itself was awesome ) probably made it a stronger band because nobody stormed offstage, Axl didn't leave the place, Bumblefoot was relaxed and everything went dandy while there could have been a riot.

But I seriously don't believe Bumble does this just for his image. I've known him since 2001 and he has always acted like that.

Sure, being liked probably makes him feel good about himself and it's not 100% selfless, but then again, most of our positive actions are partly influenced by the desire of being liked or accepted.

And I know what you're saying about Axl. My frustration with him is that the fact that he's always having it his way hurts GnR ( shows go wrong, material does not get released, incredibly talented musicians get pissed and leave etc... ) and since I love the music he produces, it's hard to go with the flow. I used to be positive about it but now that I could see Bumblefoot leave ( which wasn't the case a few months ago ), it angers me. However, I respect Axl for staying true to himself and what Fortus says is true : love him or hate him, he'll always act like classic Axl Rose and that's something most people can't say. We all make compromises, Axl does not.

And for the record, I couldn't give a fuck less that he's late. I know he is, I'm prepared. My main problem is that he was warned the other day, that he did it anyway ( classic Axl Rose, once again ), which was to be expected, but that the result was not worth it : the people in Leeds probably will not get to see the band.

That's my main problem. I'm fine with Axl having it his way unless it directly impacts the fans.

Had the tour really been cancelled I would have lost quite a bit of money because of him. That's what probably happened with the people in Leeds.

:shrugs: